Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Engine Conversions
Reload this Page >

Original carb Weedeater 25 widening throat

Community
Search
Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Original carb Weedeater 25 widening throat

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:54 AM
fokker38cc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original carb Weedeater 25 widening throat

Hi
Have any person experienced with this procedure?
I have the original carb of Weedeater 25, can I have success if I open more the small throat in fron of carb ? , do not touched yet , still in original condition.
I know I can not touch the small hole in the perimeter in the front, I believe to take the Dremel and open .
I am also read the gurus in the site say directly change the carb with a venturi of aprox 11 mm.
The most straight way to make power without problems, I believe this.
I have one but I must start to rebuild it with parts of other carb and must previously find the parts missed , and pay it.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:58 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Original carb Weedeater 25 widening throat

I played with a Sears version of the WEEDEATER and picked up about 500 rpm. These carbs are restrictive so you can't grenade the engine from over revving it (weedeater mode). The 30cc has even a smaller bore carb! I just used a few drill bits and made it progressively larger. Since this was a scrap motor it really didn't matter if it got messed up. These are just harder to mount due to being rear carbed.