Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

my first working cdi with advance

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
ZiLoG Z-80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my first working cdi with advance

Fish please mailme with details about the lithius, maybe I need some for me and my friends.
PHD no problem I got stock now. I'm travelling from day 13 to 19, I can ship before or after that period.

ZiL
Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 PM
dinoslmn
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,
I received Spark ignition from Juampa today. 13 days from Argentina to Israel by regular airmail post...not bad. I am very exalted. Looks very very nice and professionally build.
Attached few Photos. My last baby will be Funtana Pro (exclusiv modellbau ) with 3w-24. The engine is new and after initial run-up i will change original ignition with this one. I think will work better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51232.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	230705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79715.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	230706  
Old 02-17-2005, 11:02 PM
The Barf Bro
My Feedback: (5)

I was wondering if I could get some schematics and code for the ignition?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:26 AM
dinoslmn

Read post #27
Dino
Old 02-18-2005, 10:06 PM
The Barf Bro

How can you build anything and expect it to work without a schematic? I am in electronic engineering, and I have to draw out schematics so i can visualise what is going on in a particular section of a circut. Also how do you know whether or not your values are correct? I don't know what micro you are using, but the micros that I am accustom to are quite particular on circuitry values. This ensures that everything happens when it is suppose to.[&:]
ORIGINAL: ZiLoG Z-80

Sorry I don't have schematic, I'm building from scratch.[>:]
Here is the source code:

while (engine running) do
{
measure rpm()
send_spark_at_right_time()
}
Old 02-18-2005, 11:03 PM
gtisme

randyl72,

I don't think ZiLoG Z-80 has used his ingenuity and hard work to develop this device just to give it away to the first person who asks for it. Please don't berate him just because he won't just give it all away to you, as he has provided a great service to other modelers by making this much needed and very reasonably priced CD ignition.

Gary
Old 02-19-2005, 11:28 PM
ZiLoG Z-80

Randyl72 of course I was kidding, I'm not building from scratch. I am in electronic engineering too and have worked a lot with microcontrollers before. I have worked about one year on this design to get the best performance. Sure you can design your own circuit and code.
Thanks Dino for the photos and comments, let us know about your experience with the unit.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Fishmasterdan
My Feedback: (2)

Jum;
Do I need to purchase another part to install the magnet to?
Once I get one I will try and do an NEWBIE (me) installation guide.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:55 AM
dinoslmn

Hi,
My 3W-24 uses a little NGK CM-6 plug. who knows a USA source for a good rubber or silicon plug cap. 3W have their own plug cap (metallic) but ...is not cheap...[sm=rolleyes.gif]. Fro my Google search one of Honda mini bike uses this plug.
Dino
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26146.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	231940  
Old 02-20-2005, 01:17 PM
ZAGNUT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dino,
what's wrong with using the 3W cap? a lot slicker than connecting the ground strap with a hose clamp...

DA also has a very similar cap for sale and CH has a nice machined cap for the CM-6

dave
Old 02-20-2005, 01:23 PM
dinoslmn

Hi Dave,
3w cap is OK but i need a second one for my new ignition. Guess wich one .
Dino
Old 02-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

NGK makes a bakelite resistor cap for the CM6...One is a 90 degree angle, the other one is angled slightly down..A Honda dealer should be able to order that one, probably about $20, same as a DA or 3W..There is no shield on the NGK bakelite cap...
The CM6 is not a resistor plug so you should find a way to shield it...
There are resistor plugs made with 10mm threads, Champion, NGK, and Denso..They are about 1/2 inch longer than the CM6 but a rubber cap is available from Horizon Hobby, the new G26 uses the resistor plug...The resistor 10mm plugs have a longer thread, so a spacer is needed under the plug...
www.sparkplugs.com
Old 02-20-2005, 03:57 PM
dinoslmn

Thank for informations.
Dino
Old 02-21-2005, 12:00 AM
The Barf Bro

I'm sorry for any offense I may have caused, that was not my intention. All he had to say was that he didn't feel comfortable in giving out that info. Who knows, maybe another engineer looking at it could come up with more ideas or more practical ways of accomplishing the objective. As an engineer I welcome as much outside input as I can get. Another engineer might catch a potential problem that I might not have seen. On a different note, how much would one of these thins cost? I might be in the market for a couple of them, once I decide if I am going to electronic ignition or stick with the magnetos. Again, I apolagize for offending anyone with my last post.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:40 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am interested in one of these ignition systems, but your email doesn't work. Are they available?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:36 PM
sides7
My Feedback: (9)

Can you give tutorial on how to install this system or perhaps you have a set of instructions you provide with these units, that you could post. As is obvious by now, I have no experence in this area and would need to know what I'm getting into and what equipment is needed before I would purchase a unit. I'm thinking of using one on a Poulan 46cc engine.
Sides7
Old 03-06-2005, 10:28 PM
ZiLoG Z-80

Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling not reading mails for some days.
I have no stock now and really too few time to keep working this month because university stuff.
I will keep in touch with you and let you know when availability and the guide up on the web.
Thanks for your interest.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:49 PM
ZiLoG Z-80

I got a new design almost done, smaller and lighter. I'll show it soon!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 PM
EL TEMUCANO

hy zilog,
sorry guys but a have a problem with my system and i have tu use spanish..sorry.....

Hola, tengo un encendido tuyo que fue traido a chile por H. Opitz y Tato hace unos meses, lo instale en un Quadra de 35 cc siguiendo las instrucciones de instalarlo con 30º de adelanto y con EXTREMO cuidado de no rotar le helice sin la bujia conectada a tierra.
Para ver la polaridad del iman y el captor hice unas pruebas en mi mesa de trabajo y funncionaba bien, lo instalé y con la bujia afuera tania chispa, con todo instalado trate muchas veces de que el motor partiera y me fue realmente imposible.................
De vez en cuando, sacaba la bujia y hacia prubas sin tener problemas , despues de muchos intentos y no partia el motor saque la bujia y como siempre instale la tierra gire el motor y no tenia chispa en la bujia,,, SOLO UN RUIDO "TAC TAC" en el interior de la caja , cada vez que pasaba el iman por el captor....................................
No se que hacer,,,, lo que tengo muy claro que me preocupe MUCHO de que NUNCA estuviera el swich en on si no tenia la bujia con tierra.

Sorry guys but my english is very bad....

Sergio Barros
Temuco
Chile
Old 05-01-2005, 12:50 PM
ZiLoG Z-80

Hi Sergio, are you sure the ground connection was fine? 30º is not right for this unit, it's designed for place sensor at 35º/40º. Write me to [email protected] to see what happened, I will test and fix your unit. Of course you can use spanish by mail.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:03 AM
tatolazo

Hi Juampa:
I don´t know if Sergio emailed to you later, but he told to Haralt this past weekend that after some days he tryed the ignition again and it gave a great spark. So I think the problem is he soaked the spark plug with gas when the engine does not run. I told him that 35° or 40° BTDC was depending of the PIC program. and since he does have the old version he must use 35°BTDC. I will send you the remaining pics when I go to Bariloche.

TaTo.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:18 AM
EL TEMUCANO

HY,

I don´t said anythig after´i´m realy sure the engine work ok. but thats ok, when haralt said take my engine to look in Pto varas , i do the last test for the ignition and sorpriced, it´s ok, a beautiful blue "chispa" , Well on monday night, i try to move the point to 40º and try to start the engine , its can do some " intentos de partida" and thats all, i get out the spark and the same thing, no chispa, and a noise on CI, today a go to buy a spark, wel now i have a BOSCH WSR6F, I NEED KNOW IF THATS THE MODEL..

thanks

me es muy dificil escribir ingles..........@5¬&%¡´¨@%\^. (garabatos)

Sergio
Old 05-11-2005, 05:41 PM
EL TEMUCANO

I TURN MY ENGINE AND ITS NO START

DID ANYONE PUTS THE POINT ON 5º - 10º - 15º - 20º - 25º?????????????????????
I CHANGE THE SPARK AND ITS DONT START
I MOVE THE POINT º AND IT DONT START
I MOVE THE CARBURATION AND IT DONT START

TODAY I PUT THE OLD IGNITION SYSTEM AND ONLY ONE MOVE ONE TIME THE PROP AND BBRRRRRUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ITS S T A R T...........

I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.......
Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
tatolazo

quote from Zilog:
"Hi Sergio, are you sure the ground connection was fine? 30º is not right for this unit, it's designed for place sensor at 35º/40º"

If the instruction are so clear...why change them and do something totally different???
If the engine does not started in any of those settings, I´m about to belive that the dregrees are measured after top dead center, not before. That´s why I asked to see the engine, Sergio.
Finally I´m worried about the problem too.

For any help I should see the engine and the hall sensor location related to the engine blueprint.
I think you should try to re install the flywheel and coil and run it again on CDI, just to try. Then you could discard a spark plug failure.

Tato.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 PM
EL TEMUCANO

TATO

I´M NOT PLAYING.

IF I DONT CONECT THE GROUND, THE INGNITION BURN (SE QUEMA)
I PUT 35º TO 40º BECAUSE THE CONSTRUCTOR TELL ME THAT.......AND YOU KNOW....
YES THE ISTUCTION ARE SO CLEAR, I DONT CHANGE NOTHING.....
I KNOW WHERE ARE THE P.M.S. (PUNTO MUERTO SUPERIOR)

NOW I TELL MORE, WHEN THE ENGINE START WITH THE OLD IGNITION, I MESURE THE º FOR THE POINT AND PUT THE SIMILAR SET, AND WITH THE SUPER IGNITION DONT START.....

THES WEEKEND I SEND YOU THE IGNITION AND IF YOU CAN START YOUR US 35 I SAID OK I´M STUPIT AND MY FRIEND HAVE THE REASON.

TATO, NO VOY A DISCUTIR CON TIGO YA QUE TE CONSIDERO UN MUY BUEN AMIGO, TE ESTIMO MUCHO, PERO ME DA RABIA CUANDO NO CREEN QUE LA INSTALACION ESTA BIEN HECHA, E INSISTEN EN LA TIERRA. SI NO LO HIBIERA HECHO BIEN , EL ENCENDIDO ESTARIA QUEMADO HACE RATO. Y CUANDO MODIFIQUE EL PUNTO, LO HICE POR INSTRUCCIONES DE JUAMPA. (YO TE REENVIE EL CORREO QUE LO DICE). TE VOY A MANDAR EL ENCENDIDO.

UN ABRAZO

SERGIO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.