Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

davis diesel head

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default davis diesel head

Before I go wasting more money, can anyone tell me if this is a gimmick or does this conversion really work. It's difficult to believe this would do all that the manufacturer claims it will do. It works only with their special fuel, of course. Anyone with info ? MM
Old 12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: davis diesel head

Yes they work grate. There is some set backs with them. It will take some time to lern on how to run it. This on how to set the mix compertion and mixing the fuel for just what you need to a hole gal at a time.

check this one out.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_87/tt.htm

that is everythng deasl
Old 12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A diesel will pull very large props, and produce about the same power as a glow engine.
My MVVS .15 will run on glow at above 17000 rpm using a 7x5 prop. Larger props that don't allow this rpm will cause the engine to loose all power.
Dieselized, I run a 9x5x2 or 8x6x3 on the same engine, and it is happy with it. Not only that, but at great pulling power with about 11,000 rpm.
The Davis diesel heads do your engines a favour if you want to run larger props with no overheating.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
ddd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it safe to say they work after all were in business for over 32 years. Go to youtube and punch in davis diesel
Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 PM
AMB

A simple experiment Run a glow engine without the muffler you will see a flame front at the exhaust maybe even a little coming out, Do the same with a diesel no flame. the burning
is over before the exhaust port is uncovered this means all the fuel is doing its work (and using less of it). If you put your finger at the end of the muffler you will get burned on glow
Diesel no -- it runs cooler-- also no alcohol (which loves water) no rust issues with diesel the power advantage has already been said (Pe) martin
Old 12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
pe reivers

ORIGINAL: KI8FR

Yes they work grate. There is some set backs with them. It will take some time to lern on how to run it. This on how to set the mix compertion and mixing the fuel for just what you need to a hole gal at a time.
snip
Hmmm..
I mix my fuel 1/4 pint at a time for testing, just enough for a few runs up to full heat.