Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

More problems...Engine too wet!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Tym1_Me0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More problems...Engine too wet!

Homelite 30cc. Walbro 11mm carb.

I think I have a plumbing problem, I think. I'm getting way too much fuel into the carb. so much so that the engine is flooding and won't start when warm. I can see fuel dripping from around the primer bulb from out of the venturi.

I'm using a 3 line system; fill, vent, and line to carb. The fill and carb lines both have clunks. I have the needles set way lean for the engine to run, and it runs well, 8200 rpm on a APC 16X8. I have done intake and exhaust port mods, but was advised not to touch the transfer ports as this is a newer Homelite with a bridge in the ports. I also enlarged the carb manifold opening.

Could the mods be causing this problem?

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: More problems...Engine too wet!

You have a carb problem, not a porting problem. Try pluging off the buld port. Did you or anyone else disassemble the carb? If so, it could be assembled incorrectly. Try rinning it with the old carb, if it is a good one.

Dave
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Tym1_Me0

Default RE: More problems...Engine too wet!

Found the problem. The inlet valve needle seat had some crud in it and the valve wasn't closing. Works fine now.

Thanks.