Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Shindaiwa F20

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shindaiwa F20

anyonoe know what CC a Shindaiwa F20 trimmer would be? I'd assume 20cc, but who knows... I was out shopping yesterday and found a bunch of weedie's I knew I could have for pretty cheap, but most of them were old (even an 80's Kawasaki, but it was missing the plug and had the counter shaft which said points ignition to me, I already have a couple xenoah's about the same anyway), a couple very old Ryobi types and some other stuff, what I ended up with was the Shindaiwa trimmer, it's a side intake, rear exhaust engine if that helps and a Mac 32 blower (missing carb, but has good compression), total bill was $5, $2 for the blower and $3 for the trimmer...

I'll tear into the trimmer eventually, but I figured I'd ask if anyone had any thoughts... up until yesterday I didn't have any Shindaiwa's so I figured what the heck...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:39 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Shindaiwa F20

The Mac blower is the best of the Macs, because it has a bolt on muffler and not the spring thing.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:33 PM
rangerfredbob

yeah, I'd heard that before and when I saw it was a mac then said 32cc I was sure to grab it up... I'll probably swap that jug and piston onto my plane after a while...

I'll try to get a pic or two of the Shindaiwa tomorrow evening as I should really concentrate on the girlfriend tonight...

just as a note, here's everything I have sitting in the garage:
Shindaiwa
2 xenoah 20ish cc weedies with points ignition
Stihl FS78 (very similar to the xenoahs)
Homie 30 (John Deere)
Ryobi
homie 25
Craftsman 32cc trimmer and blower
two weedeater 18's
mac 28 weedie
mac 32cc blower
weedeater 25 blower
Kioritz 25 trimmer engine (converted to a unfinished scooter)
mac 32cc converted to airplane use
Homelite 330 chainsaw (would be a good plane engine most likely, but it's our only good saw)
mini mac chainsaw
small homelite saw with a 30cc
Homelite 101 saw with stripped plug threads
some random mac saw that makes an ok saw
couple saws from the 40's or 50's one sears and one homie
Wards saw needs auto oiler seal fixed

dang, I didn't realize how many 2 strokes I had...
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 AM
rangerfredbob

ok, here's pics of what I got, I know they suck, the camera is ancient (original Mavica from like '97) and I just suck at taking pictures...

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70137.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	622593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49154.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	622594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83309.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	622595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21239.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	622596  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 AM
rangerfredbob

ok, I've got a few more candidates since I last added to this list...

I've gotten:
two more homie 25's
a ryobi 31 blower
poulan 25cc blower that works perfect (got for free, had a loose jug)
an eager beaver mac weedie
some old john deere straight shaft trimmer (looks like the green machines at first glance, with a butterfly throttle instead of barrel)
the Pioneer 51.4cc chainsaw that I'm in the middle of converting to replace the 32cc Mac
an old Homelite XL 12 saw

oh, and I now have a lathe (little 7x10), so I can play with that and convert stuff when I get a chance, which will most likely be after I move...

some of these might be fixed up and used as their intended purpose, but as the only one I've paid more than $5 on being the pioneer that I bought just to convert for the plane (got for about $25), I don't have too much in any of them

the engines with clutches will most likely end up on scooters or RC cars of some sort or a blender, or a boat or something (have a coworker that wants to make a 1/4 scale jet boat, he already has the hull, might donate the XL 12 to that purpose if it runs good). if I get an itch to play with the lathe I'll proabably just convert the homies and the craftsman's and a few others, I have one of the weedeater 18's converted just need to test run and convert to gas/glow for the project I want it on...
Old 06-27-2017, 01:46 PM
jomcan

Default shindaiwa f-20

Was just going to go out on a line and say 20. It is actually 21.1. I am including a link to Shin...f-20 page.. Oh dang lost the page.