Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

180 tern with the jug on a homey

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 AM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 180 tern with the jug on a homey

I was wondering if any one had tried to drill new holes in the block of a homey to tern the jug 180 degrees. I am making a twin engine and I was going to try to tern the jug 180 so the carbs will be both sticking out the right on the right engine and out the left on the left engine.

I just think that it would be ez-er to be able to work the carb if they are to the out side of the plane on both sides.

What do you all think? and what probs do you think I will come up with by doing this.

The engines will be running on gas/glow so I will not need a mag. And I will keep both engines running the same. no counter. I do not like prop hubs flying off.

Paul
Old 01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 180 tern with the jug on a homey

Not having one here on hand to look at, I can't say for sure. However, if the transfer ports line up properly with the block when you turn the cylinder 180 degrees, then it should be no problem.

Note that if it is a Homelite 30cc with the factory pinned piston ring, or a 25cc that has been modified to have a pinned ring and no exhaust port bridge, that you will also have to turn the piston 180 degrees so that the piston ring can't get caught in the port.

AV8TOR
Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sent out my pistin to get pind. I have not cut the port yet. what is a good way to cut that out with our messing it up?

Paul
Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a carbide cutter in a dremel tool. Just be sure to chamfer the port edges so they don't scuff the piston. This is a good modification and increases the power quite noticeably.

AV8TOR