RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Engine Conversions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/engine-conversions-92/)
-   -   SMALL DISPLACEMENT FOUR STROKE GLOW TO GAS CONVERSION (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/engine-conversions-92/9313390-small-displacement-four-stroke-glow-gas-conversion.html)

Stiknrudder 08-23-2011 05:45 PM

RE: SMALL DISPLACEMENT FOUR STROKE GLOW TO GAS CONVERSION

Adrian..PM sent

triumphman49 08-23-2011 05:50 PM

Barry, i7x58 is the Adrain Ciulei I mentioned to you of C&H ignitions. Great fellow with a fantastic attitude IMHO!

t-man49

barry wetherell 08-23-2011 06:54 PM

ADrian, whe re do I get the zama C1qp8 from ???
Barry

w8ye 08-23-2011 07:18 PM

http://www.webstore.com/RYOBI-and-MT...uction_details

barry wetherell 08-23-2011 07:23 PM

W8ye THX
Barry

triumphman49 08-24-2011 03:37 AM

found mine on the Bay. gave $8 for it

T-man49

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 04:36 AM

Yea, I tried that link, but after I bought it , no money changed hands, the man said "oh your in Australia, we don't send there" [:@], so I proceeded to the Bay and got a couple of carbs off there, 3 actualy, 1 must work ..... uhffff ... I was not happy, they are not the Zama one, but I still have to make a manifold, havn't got the wood kit yet so there is no hurry, anyone else got an idea where to get the Zama one???
Barry

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 04:45 AM

Ï looked up Towers they have DLE 30 carby for $Aus 30.00 so if all else fails I get that one
Barry

CH Ignitions 08-24-2011 05:15 AM

Barry,

I will sell you one I have liek 75 of them http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif But those I am keeping for my conversions deals.Isell you a complet kit for it if you are interested. Mainafold, and all 9 yards. You will have to mount your sensor . also can provide u the C&H ignition also.

[email protected]

Adrian</p>

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 06:09 AM

Adrian, you are a blessing,:) only need 4 1/2 yards, thanks, I have accumulated all the rest except the carby and manifold for the saito 180.
PM me is you wish or I can email you at the address above, let me know,,...... please
barry

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 06:17 AM

Adrian, I have Recel A-01 CDI, that should be OK ?????
Barry

w8ye 08-24-2011 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: barry wetherell

&Iuml; looked up Towers they have DLE 30 carby for $Aus 30.00 so if all else fails I get that one
Barry
While the DLE 30 carb would work well on a weed whacker 2 stroke engine, the WT-456 and C1QP8 would be better and more convenient on a four stroke

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 09:06 AM

Thanks W8ye

optech 08-24-2011 07:34 PM

Adrian,

When you say "CH Ignition", are you talking about those clunky old brown boxes that need a ton of linkages and mechanics for spark advance?

And why would someone want one of those instead of an RCXel?

How about some simple pictures once in a while of what your talking about.

Take care,
Mike

w8ye 08-24-2011 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: optech

Adrian,

When you say "CH Ignition", are you talking about those clunky old brown boxes that need a ton of linkages and mechanics for spark advance?

And why would someone want one of those instead of an RCXel?

How about some simple pictures once in a while of what your talking about.

Take care,
Mike
You have spent about the last 20 yrs under a rock with that statement

CH Ignitions 08-24-2011 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI Mike,

Here is a Picture of the New C&amp;H Ignition, If you look closely at the screens you will see reason one. Is less close to an ounce and that ....counts.
2- I can custom make them for desire voltage battery.4.8-7.4, and I tune them for the best performance .
3- Draws no more than 500mA VS....650-700mA
4-Something elsein this hobby Made in USA
5. Mounting ears with rubber for vibration absorbtion and easy and convinent mounting. If you don't need them....you can cut them off and you get a 2"x1.5"
6.Samler.
7. Fire retartand enclousure
8.Proprietary Autoadvance
9.Upgradable/ repairable as we do not ....POT them
10.Me for customer suport 7 days a week but not 24hr http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

....Iwill stop here, I can find more.

Feel free to ask for a FreeTest New Unit if you are a active flyer and want to test it on various engines.

Thank You for your inquiery and I hope that Ianswer some of your Questions.

Adrian Ciulei

P.S. New labels are in process to be made.

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 08:14 PM

Adrian Have you worked out a cost yet????
Thanks
Barry

CH Ignitions 08-24-2011 08:20 PM

Iwill need to make a manafold plate addaptor, and mount all together ,intake,plate, heat barrier, carb and see the weight. But I do not think that is more than 20USD.

Give me couple days and I will let u know.

Thank You
Adrian Ciulei

CH Ignitions 08-24-2011 08:46 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNzOELA_-E[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9dbs9yo4g[/youtube]

Here is my last setup Saito FA120S and180, Zama C1Q-P8, C&amp;H Ignition.
enjoy

Adrian

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 09:21 PM

Adrian very impressive, tell me where do you get those little tacho's from????
yea the price is good, let me know when you require some $$$$$'s do I just" send money" through P/Pal to your email address???
Thanks Barry

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 09:36 PM

Adrian, as I have just replaced the crank bearings, I bought a new ft drive boss and taper coller, which is now not locked onto the shaft, should I run the motor first, on glow fuel before I drill a magnet locating hole, so as to lock the boss in position, or drill it first and then fit the sensor ????
Barry

CH Ignitions 08-24-2011 09:57 PM

Barry Iwill say NO. One thing that I wanted to suggest was to change the bearings. Get the bearings out again and drill the holes, Use the same pattern as FG20 or FG30 and wait for my kit to arrive, mount the sensor bracket ( I can include that if you like) with sensor and set it at 28 degree. I will send you the timing instructions and degree wheel. You need a timing buzzer or use just the spark plug. It must fire at 28.
I will let you know when ready to ship.

Adrian

barry wetherell 08-24-2011 10:18 PM

Yea , mount the sensor bracket ( I can ok, i'm not sure what you mean here
""and drill the holes, Use the same pattern as FG20 or FG30 and wai....." do you mean drill the hole for the magnet?????...."same pattern as FG........" ???? pattern of what
I have a sensor and bracket, timing wheel and instuctions
Thanks Adrian
Barry

Pull Up Now! 08-25-2011 09:35 AM

Adrian, does that C1QP8 carb have the 4-stroke pump helper spring(for negative-only pulse), and is there an accelerator pump like the WT456-1 has?

Thanks,
Rick

Ps-currently having a lot of trouble with a Huan Chinese carb that came on a RCG26 I'm using!!! Bad products!

CH Ignitions 08-25-2011 09:47 AM

Hi Rick,

No it does not, Is not spring there like on Wt456-1, the material is stif and it works without a spring.
And also has ACC.Pump
Adrian