Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Big lama throttle

Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 AM
laffan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big lama throttle

Hello ,
Just got my Big Lama , out of box , I noticed that throttle is not working , while I can control the blades . it's solid red . how to attach the training gear ?
The throttle is working now , when I rotate the big lama left/right the motor works accordingly !! event when the transmitter is off !
Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
pgroom_68

Default RE: Big lama throttle

ORIGINAL: laffan
Hello ,
Just got my Big Lama , out of box , I noticed that throttle is not working , while I can control the blades . it's solid red . how to attach the training gear ?
The throttle is working now , when I rotate the big lama left/right the motor works accordingly !! event when the transmitter is off !
Hey mate,

I own 4 Big Lamas & never had to use training gear! If your system is a 2.4gHz?
It doesn't sound like the transmitter (ET4?) is "bound" with the helicopter. Binding instructions are in the manual that should be in the box. If you need further help - just ask

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
laffan

Thanks , the throttle is working and the big lama is flying but I here solid beep and when I rotate left/right the motor spin !! even while transmitter is off , I did played with the 4x1 controller binding button []
the manual rebinding instruction is not clear and confusing
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
pgroom_68

Thanks , the throttle is working and the big lama is flying but I here solid beep and when I rotate left/right the motor spin !! even while transmitter is off , I did played with the 4x1 controller binding button []
the manual rebinding instruction is not clear and confusing
Hey again,

You must unbind - then re-bind the Transmitter (Tx) with the Receiver (Rx) in the heli so they can communicate OK. This should have already been done for you at the factory. Email the seller first to see if he will exchange it for a new helicopter without the problems. If he doesn't reply positively within two days - I will post the unbinding/re-binding procedure for you

Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 PM
laffan

Yes plesae do Peter .
Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 PM
pgroom_68

Yes plesae do Peter .
Hey again,

In your first post you said that you just got it - brand new?[sm=confused_smile.gif]

Email the seller first to see if he will exchange it for a new helicopter without the problems. If he doesn't reply positively within two days - I will post the unbinding/re-binding procedure for you then.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
laffan

yes , But I did unbind because when throttle didn't worked so I thought unbind will reset the throttle , so I was the one how played with 4 in 1 mix controller . not fair to contact the seller for replacement , I just need a clear steps for unbinding/re-binding procedure
Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 AM
pgroom_68

yes , But I did unbind because when throttle didn't worked so I thought unbind will reset the throttle , so I was the one how played with 4 in 1 mix controller . not fair to contact the seller for replacement , I just need a clear steps for unbinding/re-binding procedure
Hey again laffan,

O I See![sm=49_49.gif]
The Rx inside the heli (see pic below) has a very small button about 5mm above the short aerial wire! This is the helicopters "binding button".
The actual button is recessed and in the middle of the cut out area...... Don't press it to hard - firmly is enough - you will feel it "click" slightly
UNBINDING WON'T RESET THE THROTTLE

Procedure:
Ensure the throttle stick on your Tx is in its lower-most position (and the throttle trim slide next to it also!) so the blades won't suddenly spin-up..........

Leaving the Tx switched off, connect the lipo in your heli.
[The LED on the 3in1 will show green/red/green/red/green/red and continue.....]
Press the binding button (you may need a paper clip). This will unbind the Rx.
[The LED on the 3in1 will flash red for a few seconds then go solid red 'cause it can't find the Tx]
THIS MIGHT BE WHERE YOU ARE IN PROCEDURE NOW - unbound!

To re-bind:
Switch the Tx on - notice the small rapidly flashing red LED on its front face?
Before it stops flashing and goes solid you have to press the Rx binding button within the helicopter (with the paper clip) - can you do it??? Sometimes it can be a real juggle You might have to partially "remove" the fuselage by removing the four shiny philips-head screws. Replacing them - screwing them into the clear plastic tubing can be fiddly though

Hope this helps

P.S. If you move the OTHER stick (not the throttle) after 10 seconds or so, the swashplate will move the blades a little (not spin-up), and the LED will flash green a couple of times then be solid green!![sm=thumbs_up.gif] This is bound and ready!
P.P.S. I've just had another thought[X(] Are all the AA batteries within your Tx OK? What is your Tx model number (ET4 4 - channel? or ET6i 6 - channel? or other?)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42671.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1531683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38532.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1531684  
Old 12-08-2010, 05:06 AM
laffan

Thanks Peter , I followed your procedure yet , I'm still getting continuous beep !![]
but it fly fine
Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 PM
pgroom_68

Thanks Peter , I followed your procedure yet , I'm still getting continuous beep !![]
but it fly fine
Hey again laffan,

When you say "it fly fine" - do you mean that the throttle is working fine and you have full control of the helicopter? Or is the LED light on the 3in1 still flashing red (& you can't control it)??

Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
laffan

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

but it fly fine
Hey again laffan,

When you say ''it fly fine'' - do you mean that the throttle is working fine and you have full control of the helicopter? Or is the LED light on the 3in1 still flashing red (& you can't control it)??

I have full control and did some fly successfully , yet I have two observations:-

1- there is a continuous beep sound coming from the big lama !
2- The motor is spin when I rotate the big lama by hand left/right .

Is this normal ? what goes wrong
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68
but it fly fine
Hey again laffan,
When you say ''it fly fine'' - do you mean that the throttle is working fine and you have full control of the helicopter? Or is the LED light on the 3in1 still flashing red (& you can't control it)??
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
I have full control and did some fly successfully , yet I have two observations:-
1- there is a continuous beep sound coming from the big lama !
2- The motor is spin when I rotate the big lama by hand left/right .
Is this normal ? what goes wrong
Hey again,

First CONGRATULATIONS! You can fly your "bird" now......[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

This sound is not normal. I just tried to get one of my BOLs (Big Outdoor Lama) to make this sound and the only way I could was to raise the throttle trim,
ssooooo......it sounds like your throttle trim slide is not all the way at the bottom - so any movement of the throttle will start the blades spinning. Is this correct?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
laffan

No both are down , The tx battery are good ( three lights) , I have solid Green and solid orange on the 4 in 1 Mix .
Not sure why I'm getting this continuous beep , it indicate that something is wrong !!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 PM
pgroom_68

No both are down , The tx battery are good ( three lights) , I have solid Green and solid orange on the 4 in 1 Mix .
Not sure why I'm getting this continuous beep , it indicate that something is wrong !!
Hey again,

No - not normal![sm=50_50.gif] The gyro "gain" pot on the side of the 3in1 may be a little to tight![sm=72_72.gif]
Don't move it to much - just a little......CCW (counter-clock-wise is towards the -) the smallist amount.

P.S. You have to use a small flat-bladed screw-driver.
P.P.S. The one marked "proportional" slows one of the motors electronically allowing your bird to yaw (rotate left or right)[sm=wink_smile.gif] To get any "proportional" adjustments to actually work - you have to re-initialize the system by un-pluging then re-plugging the lipo. The gyro "gain" will work without doing this extra procedure..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27386.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1532080  
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again,

...nothing you did before has caused this!! But it is not normal for a continuous beep to come from the heli. Do you have a Hobby Shop that you could take it into and let the shopkeeper hear the noise? He might be able to suggest something. I can't diagnose without hearing (or seeing & hearing - Youtube video?? ) very much more..........[sm=49_49.gif]

Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 AM
isaxon

This is just a brilliant site !

A problem. Got a Big Lama that just suddenly stopped working...

This is now the problem when I try to re-bind it.

To re-bind:

The LED on the TX doesnt flash anymore, just a very pretty low light from the LEDand no flashing as it was from the start.

I did have a crash with the helicopter before this but I find it very unlikely that the Tx gets broken because of that.

So any Idea what to do? Is there any way to "reset" the Tx or similar?

(The Tx works fine in a simulator on the computer)

Many Thanks

Br

//Isaxon
Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: isaxon
This is just a brilliant site !
A problem. Got a Big Lama that just suddenly stopped working...
This is now the problem when I try to re-bind it.
To re-bind:
The LED on the TX doesnt flash anymore, just a very pretty low light from the LED and no flashing as it was from the start.
I did have a crash with the helicopter before this but I find it very unlikely that the Tx gets broken because of that.
So any Idea what to do? Is there any way to ''reset'' the Tx or similar?
(The Tx works fine in a simulator on the computer)
Many Thanks
Br
// Isaxon
Hey mate,

It sounds like the AAs in your Tx are low! The computer provides USB power to the Tx when it is connected, so this is not a very accurate way of testing the strength of the AAs. Replace all the batteries in your Tx and you should have more luck[sm=wink_smile.gif]

P.S. I agree - rcUniverse.com rocks[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
P.P.S. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8216608/mpage_257/tm.htm]HERE[/link] is the Big Lama forum[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
isaxon

Thanks for the quick answer.

But have now tried 3 different types of new batteries but no luck.

The batteryindicator shows all green and couldnt be "more".

Any other ideas?

Many Thanks

Br

// Magnus