Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Honey Bee King 3 2.4GHz - Esky Et61 transmitter problems

Hi Guys,

Really stuck a the moment, I've had a Honey Bee King 3 2.4GHz with the Standard Esky Et61 transmitter for over a year now and in that time I am yet to fly it. I think I may have messes up the transmitter somehow by messing with the switches (both outer and inner) trying to get it to work with EFlight. Since then I have purchased a "Blade mcpx" mini help to train on. I have actually be getting fairly comfortable and decide to have another crack at my King 3, However I realised that my Esky ET61 transmitter was set to mode one instead of mode 2 (blade is mode 2). So I did some searching and found a walkthrough on how to switch from "mode 1" setup to "mode 2" (link http://www.rc-fever.com/page.html?chapter=2&id=1009). So I followed the directions to every step and didn't achieve the result that I was after.

It seems that my throttle is on the right stick which if I were in mode 2 should be on the left.
    However when I Throttle all the way up on the right stick the heli blades spin at full speed but it won't lift, But if I also Push the left stick up (this should be "elevator") the Heli will lift off straight up!

So I guess I need nobody who could tell me:-

* Why my transmitter is going crazy
    * How set all internal/ external switches for "mode 2"
    * If it is just that it is a piece of S&@T transmitter and that it can't be fixed
    * Or if the more likely problem is the USER (me) : )

any help would be very appreciated

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Honey Bee King 3 2.4GHz - Esky Et61 transmitter problems

First of all make sure you have plugged all the servo plugs right to the receiver. Download the manual for your model and check. Not a newer model, just the one you own.

Secondly after a search I did I found this:
    TX Mode change - Esky (early 4ch) pictorial
    TX Mode change - E-sky early 0404/6
    TX Mode change - E-sky - 0404 & 0406A TX plus Reverse & Dip Switches***
    TX Mode change - E-sky " Reverse & Dip Switches" update. "
    amongst other brands at
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

I hope it can help you.
    It must have some variations of the 6ch transmitter.
    You must already know but just in case to remind you to be careful with the spinning rotor.
    Modified BOL chassis www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9422710
    brushless mod www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9460961

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Honey Bee King 3 2.4GHz - Esky Et61 transmitter problems

Hi there and thanks for taking the time to reply,

I managed to find the exact TX manual for my Esky ET61 but no mention on how to change it to mode to. All bait confused as I looked once again at the walkthrough that I followed and noticed that the title is "change from mode 2 to mode 1" (link http://www.rc-fever.com/page.html?chapter=2&id=1009). What I don't understand is that it appears from the walk through that he/she is moving the throttle to the left which I thought was mode 2.

So far I have contacted esky direct and am awaiting a reply to my question of what the internal switches do to affect the TX (see last pic on the above link) but still awaiting a reply.

As far as the servos plugged into the RX, everything looks fine. I even took them off one at a time and put them back.

I'm also wondering if their is an app for mac or windows that will let me plug my TX in to check what controls are affecting which channel and cross check this with the config of the heli? Could anybody recommend a program.

I actually remember plugging my TX into real flight about a year ago but it wouldn't work as the control setting were mixed up. For example - When I pushed the left stick up it would move more than 1 channel. Is it possible that I inadvertently messes up something with the TX?

P.S- Also noticed that Esky sell a mode 2 version of my Tx.