Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

My Stabilizer Set keeps coming off

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

My Stabilizer Set keeps coming off

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:35 PM
SnoopysVet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Stabilizer Set keeps coming off

After a minute my Stabilizer Set keepsflyingoff

I have a Lama V4
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
SnoopysVet

Default RE: My Stabilizer Set keeps coming off

When I order replacement stabilzer I will get a new center shaft as well
Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 AM
downunderdog

It's been a long time since I've done anything with my Lama 4, but I remember having the same problem. I think it stopped happening when I got an "extended turbo shaft" from www.rchelicoptershop.com . The shaft came with a new top piece that held the stabilizer on a lot more securely. I also stopped having to replace so many blades when I got the "harden" blades from them... now it looks like they have "airy harden" blades as the upgrade. I also got a metal upgrade kit for the heli (I think from the same place), and it was terrible - it caused toilet bowl effect really bad, so I ended up taking it off - or at least the blade grips and I think the metal swashplate.

I'd stick with the original plastic parts for the heli, but get the extended turbo shaft to reduce blade strikes and loss of the stabilizer bar, and also get the improved blades - they were definitely worth it.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
RMB677

downunderdog - I too had TBE after installing an Xtreme inner shaft on to my E 500. Thanks to rchelicopterfun.com I found that a main cause of TBE is that something on the upper blade/stabilizer head is too tight. My blade holders were tightened too much onto the shaft. Loosened them and lubed moving parts with silicon and all is working fine.