Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Direct drive upgrade on a HB V2 FP

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Direct drive upgrade on a HB V2 FP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Thard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct drive upgrade on a HB V2 FP

Has anyone upgraded to this tail system and had any problems?

I've alreadyupgraded my main motor and blades to an extreme motor and extreme reinforced blades, and have the direct drive conversion kit on the way. My concern is the smaller tail rotor it comes with: is it going to throw out my proportion settings?

Should Iget a bigger tail rotor as a proactive measure, and if so, could anyone recommend one?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 PM
pgroom_68

Default RE: Direct drive upgrade on a HB V2 FP

ORIGINAL: Thard
I've already upgraded my main motor and blades to an extreme motor and extreme reinforced blades, and have the direct drive conversion kit on the way. My concern is the smaller tail rotor it comes with: is it going to throw out my proportion settings?
Should I get a bigger tail rotor as a proactive measure, and if so, could anyone recommend one?
Hey Thard,

It was a really long time ago when I upgraded my HBFPv2 to have a DD tail - but from memory I found it to be easy 'cause the included rotor (although smaller) spins at a faster rate than the original did - no doubt 'cause of the new rear motor - making minimal adjustments to the proportional pot needed.

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Thard

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

I've alreadyupgraded my main motor and blades to an extreme motor and extreme reinforced blades, and have the direct drive conversion kit on the way. My concern is the smaller tail rotor it comes with: is it going to throw out my proportion settings?
Should Iget a bigger tail rotor as a proactive measure, and if so, could anyone recommend one?
Hey Thard,

It was a really long time ago when I upgraded my HBFPv2 to have a DD tail - but from memory I found it to be easy 'cause the included rotor (although smaller) spins at a faster rate than the original did - no doubt 'cause of the new rear motor - making minimal adjustments to the proportional pot needed.

Thanks for the advice. Upgraded and no problems!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Sauceynuts

I had a problem with my DD tail mod. I used the xtreme mount and the cp3 tail motor/main motor/3-in-1 on mine and I'm not getting enough push from the smaller tail prop. I'm gonna have to try the xtreme prop and hope it works. I tried adjusting the 3-in-1 proportions, but it still wasnt enough.

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey Thard,

Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
jason12dawgs
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, the xtreme main motor will burn your 4 in 1!!!... or do you have the cp3 3 in 1 and your own receiver?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Sauceynuts

It's a CP3 3-in-1, but thestock HBFP V2reciever.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 PM
LENYLOW

Hi guys, i have the d/d tail motor set up on my h/b v2 straight from the cp3. just wanted to no if the extreme tail rotor blades work better with the h/b v2
or is it best to stick with the standard cp3 tail rotor blade?
i have noticed that the extreme blades are longer but more flexible than the cp3 blade, just wanted to no witch is the better blade to go with.