Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky Honey Bee

Old 04-06-2004, 02:28 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Esky Honey Bee

ORIGINAL: FLIPBEL

HEY, I AM HAPPY TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO NEEDS PART FOR THE HONEY BEE. YOU TOLD ADE THAT PART FROM THE CENTURY HB FIT THE ESKY. I KNOW YOU TOLD ADE THAT THE MAIN AND TAIL ROTOR CAN BE USED. WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE LITTLE ARMS AND BALL JOINTS?

HOW LONG DO YOU CHARGE YOUR BATTERY?
DOES YOUR HELI VIBRATE AND IF SO HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT PROBLEM?

THANKS
FLIPPER
Flipper,

Those little arms and ball joints may not fit. I'm in the process of sanding down some balls now to stop some binding. I found that the common parts may be blades, some carbon fiber rods, motors, and paddles. I have been all over ebay emailing these guys that sell this bird and no one has parts as of yet. However, The guy I purchased from in HK is working to get me parts. I need to email him tomorrow the part numbers and pics of the damaged parts. I'll post here how it goes.

Tony
Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
zeeshan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hadis i can t open the link it says ther is no such url can you pst it again or somthing thankyou zeeshan
Old 04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hadis

Good Luck Kagreen2K.

You'll love this little bird.
I now can fly it outdoor with "PE" Blade which has flat bottomed airfoil.

I'm willing to upload my e-sky video to encourage others to fly this heli.
does somebody here know where I can upload it ( 12 MB) ?

With a 1800 mAH Lithium battery, you can fly more 35 minutes, but be aware of your tail motor.
It'd better to stop every 10-15 minutes to give the motors some minutes to cool down before next run.

I'm Indonesian, sorry for my english.

Hadis,

You sent the video to my personal email.....I just wanted to say thank and looks awsome. You fly really well. I tried to email you back but the message kept being returned to me.

I'm in the process of replacing parts on my heli.....I've gotten 3-4 second hovers so far. I'm determined to fly this thing. Can you tell me what the gain and proportion adjustments are for on the receiver/mixer/gyro? I received the wrong manual with my heli.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Old 04-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Richard Holmes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We are going to be carrying spares for the Esky - I just havnt had chance to add them up to the site yet - As for flying - I prefer the Jabo to the Esky - the Esky is a bit cheap quality and its a bit over senssetive - it seems to take a bit of messing with to get a stable model - However the RC gear is nice and its a rugged bit of kit- Ive been talking with the factory about a HLG gyro - which looks like a strong possibility

Richard rchobby
Old 04-08-2004, 08:57 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Richard Holmes

We are going to be carrying spares for the Esky - I just havnt had chance to add them up to the site yet - As for flying - I prefer the Jabo to the Esky - the Esky is a bit cheap quality and its a bit over senssetive - it seems to take a bit of messing with to get a stable model - However the RC gear is nice and its a rugged bit of kit- Ive been talking with the factory about a HLG gyro - which looks like a strong possibility

Richard rchobby
Richard,

Where can I find your site. I'm looking for a location to buy Esky parts. I want to see what else you have.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 04-15-2004, 03:21 PM
hadis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I tried to email you but they were always bounced back to me.

Gain: sensitivity, the rate of change sent to tail motor. or how fast it will response to the input and/or disturbance.
Porportional : the amount of change

If you set proportional to lets say 2 units, and gain to 3 units, this would mean the 2 units of change will be sent to the tail within 3 units of time after any input given by your stick or any disturbance applied to the gyro.

I also sell almost every item in the e-sky part list.

IMHO, E-sky is much better than JABO. Jabo comes with PCM radio which is proprietary and we can not adjust anything on the gyro.
E-sky comes with radio that compatible with futaba radio. I fly my e-sky with a T6XHPS transmitter instead of the stock tx.

Hope this helps.

Hadi
Old 04-15-2004, 04:07 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I didn't know you sold parts Hadi. Are they on eBay or do you have a site ?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:13 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hadis,

Thanks for the information. I'm waiting for my training gear and a few other things to arrive. I'm still trying to get this thing in the air! Do you have a website where I can locate parts and get pricing?

What is a good set of blades for this heli? and should I fabricate a head stiffener or where can I buy one?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 04-16-2004, 10:32 AM
hadis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

IMHO,
Training skid will only add weight and contribute vibration to the heli, which in turn will make the heli less stable.

I always advise first electrtic heli pilot to instantly aplly some amount of throtlle (so that the heli will begin to lift off the ground) instead of increasing the throttle slowly / gradually. Once in the air, give some aileron correction to the right as the heli will tend to drift to the left.
I will upload movie of "how to lift off" soon. Please check my simple website at http://knvonline.net/ (It's in Bahasa Indonesia, you don't have to understand it, just select the link that points to the movies)
Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 AM
jaglabs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Esky Honey Bee Parts

My son and I own 2 of the ESKY heli's. They are great machines for what they are. Not as "smooth" as a piccolo, but much better value in the long run. We also bought 2 Piccolos and have had many problems with the piccoboards, and frankly the esky comes with bearings and the Piccolo is just bushings. The Piccolo is a more stable,but ahrdly worth the hassles. My son Paul, has been able to hover for almost a full pack in just a matter of a week.
I have 20+ years flying nitro heli's and I have found the ESKY to be a awsome deal. My son's Esky has hummingbird tail rotor and a Piccolo tail motor! Take the time to balance everything out, it will make the machine a pleasure to fly.

QUESTION:
Does anyone have access to the ESKY cable for simulators? Our ESKY did not come with one.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:03 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jaglabs

My son and I own 2 of the ESKY heli's. They are great machines for what they are. Not as "smooth" as a piccolo, but much better value in the long run. We also bought 2 Piccolos and have had many problems with the piccoboards, and frankly the esky comes with bearings and the Piccolo is just bushings. The Piccolo is a more stable,but ahrdly worth the hassles. My son Paul, has been able to hover for almost a full pack in just a matter of a week.
I have 20+ years flying nitro heli's and I have found the ESKY to be a awsome deal. My son's Esky has hummingbird tail rotor and a Piccolo tail motor! Take the time to balance everything out, it will make the machine a pleasure to fly.

QUESTION:
Does anyone have access to the ESKY cable for simulators? Our ESKY did not come with one.

Thanks for the information. You can find that sim cable on ebay. I got one with my heli but I was not able to use it due to Windows XP being loaded on my computer. I just purchased a cable and FMS that is compatible with XP. I purchased the cable from RC Experts. They have both versions available.

Hope this helps.

Tony
Old 04-20-2004, 11:08 AM
jaglabs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does anyone have a url for rc experts?
Old 04-20-2004, 11:53 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

check this.

http://www.rc-expert.com/index.php
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just noticed on eBay that there is a guy sell E_Sky (ESky) Honey Bee parts. He has an assortment of parts pictured from the manual; any 3 for $20 + shipping. Just search for esky.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:08 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kagreen2k

Just noticed on eBay that there is a guy sell E_Sky (ESky) Honey Bee parts. He has an assortment of parts pictured from the manual; any 3 for $20 + shipping. Just search for esky.
I purchased my heli from this guy and he is now sending more parts. When I ordered the heli shpping form HK was 5 business days! Super Fast!

Also, you can now find parts on http://www.rc-expert.com/index.php.

They are the same parts - just a little more expensive.

Tony
Old 04-22-2004, 04:20 PM
hyrogen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im thinking about getting one of these from [link=http://www.rchobby.co.uk/Radio_Controlled_Helicopters/Electric_Powered_Helicopters/Ready_to_Fly_Helicopter/Radio_Control_Heli_ESky/radio_control_heli_esky.html] here [/link]. Are they any good for indoor flights? could you send me the video clip you were talking about please? my email is hyrogen@hyrogen.demon.co.uk

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
JZGOON

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey all, i was just wondering what kind of electronics came in the honeybee. Also can they be replaced by something like a piccoboard?, im bidding on a few in ebay right now, and i was just curious. Also how is the receiver, is it a peice of junk, should i replace it with my jr radio? i have the 421 ex. thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Deleted User

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Deleted User

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2004, 10:47 AM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello I bought my esky a week ago. The first day i got got i tried to fly it since i had practiced a lot in the sim, but ofcourse i crashed[:@]. The heli is stil inone piece(what a strong heli) but the receiver i think got the damage[]. Now it wont stop flashing from red to green as if the transmitter was off. I have done evrything, i set the trims and sticks to the minimum, but still doesn't work. Does someone knows whats wrong[&o]? Thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 03:19 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only times I've ever had the problems you described are when the transmitter is turned off or the trim and/or throttle are too high on the transmitter when you connect the copter battery. Is your receiver crystal seated ?
Old 05-09-2004, 11:49 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How do i know if the crystal is seated? And what does that mean?[sm=confused.gif]??I know nothing about that im new at this. I think it has to be something with the connection between the receiver and transmitter because its doing the exact same thing as if the transmitter was off or the crystal didn't match. Maybe when it crashed the crystal broke, i dont know. i was planning on buying a new receiver but i'm asking around to check to see if it is something else other than a broken receiver. Any suggestion is very very welcome. Thanks.

Alain.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:52 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asainz320

How do i know if the crystal is seated? And what does that mean?[sm=confused.gif]??I know nothing about that im new at this. I think it has to be something with the connection between the receiver and transmitter because its doing the exact same thing as if the transmitter was off or the crystal didn't match. Maybe when it crashed the crystal broke, i dont know. i was planning on buying a new receiver but i'm asking around to check to see if it is something else other than a broken receiver. Any suggestion is very very welcome. Thanks.

Alain.
Alain,

This also happens when your battery is damaged or dead. Try this:

1. Move throttle stick and the trim are all the way down to zero.
2. Turn on radio
3. connect a freshly charged battery in the heli.

Note: do not touch the sticks for 10-15 seconds.....this will initialize the gyro

You should be ready to go from there. If it does not go then there may be a problem with your radio, or reciever.

Hope this helps,

Tony
Old 05-10-2004, 01:23 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The problem is that when i first got it i learned how to turn it on and i was able to make the heli work i just didn't have the guts to fly it inside the house so i took out to the park and there i crashed. Before the accident when i connected the battery i heard some movement from the servos but now they dont do anything. If the crystal is broken do i still hear noise from the servos when i connect the battery??? Thanks for your help guys.

Alain.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:33 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't think the crystal is broken; I just though it may have come loose in the crash. Pull it out and then put it back in to be sure it is "seated" properly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service