Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky Honey Bee

Old 05-10-2004, 08:03 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Esky Honey Bee

ohhh i understand now. yes the crystal is pushed in well.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:43 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Check the transmitter crystal too. Did you crash very hard ? Maybe consider ordering another bird and use your current one for parts. I'm betting everyone on this board (including myself) has sent a perfectly good model to it's death. It really is part of becoming an experienced RC pilot. I accidentally flipped the throttle reverse switch on one of my birds and whammo! It was brand new; that was it's maiden flight!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:29 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its only the receiver. the heli is intact. it didn't receive a scratch.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im looking for a receiver for my esky. If someone has one which can sell to me please reply or email me at alainsainz@aol.com
Old 05-13-2004, 05:35 PM
stremrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I bought a honey bee started off ok but ground looped on take off and broke sevo rod. I replaced it and nothing else seemed broken but when I turn it on have flashing red light then it alternates greenand red flashing light on control/gyro/receiver on helicoptor and nothing works. When I first plug battery in servos move a little then thats it. Once they started working and then abrubtly stopped. tried plugging unplugging everything, diffrent tranmitter but no luck. does anyone know what the flashing lights mean? trying to get a fix from seller on ebay but he is chinese and his english is not too good. Did my receiver/gyro die? thanks also there are other post where to get parts for honey bee japan2000 or something carries everything

Bill
Old 05-13-2004, 05:57 PM
kagreen2k

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Make sure your throttle AND throttle trim are all the way down when you plug in the heli battery.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:31 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW!! Im new at this heli stuff, but right now i'm feeling like an expert at it. The very same thing happened to me and just an hour ago i fixed it after a week and a half or so. I was getting the same problem, the led kept flashing from red to green. If the sticks are not to the minimum the led stays in red and does not work until the sticks are put to the minimum position(when they are to the minimum the led flashes green a couple of times and then stays lid indicatin that it is ready to go. The thing is that trying to find out what was wrong with it i burned the two servos now i have to get new ones. Ok the thing was that the receiver board was not getting power from the gyro and mixer board(if you open the the plastic box you'll see what i mean). What i did was that i sent the electricity directly to the receiver board. It works well now!!!!
I'll post some pictures to show how i did it. I hope this helps.
\
Alain.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:31 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW!! Im new at this heli stuff, but right now i'm feeling like an expert at it. The very same thing happened to me and just an hour ago i fixed it after a week and a half or so. I was getting the same problem, the led kept flashing from red to green. If the sticks are not to the minimum the led stays in red and does not work until the sticks are put to the minimum position(when they are to the minimum the led flashes green a couple of times and then stays lid indicatin that it is ready to go. The thing is that trying to find out what was wrong with it i burned the two servos now i have to get new ones. Ok the thing was that the receiver board was not getting power from the gyro and mixer board(if you open the the plastic box you'll see what i mean). What i did was that i sent the electricity directly to the receiver board. It works well now!!!!
\
Alain.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:33 AM
stremrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks for the input. I set and reset reversed the transmitter but no luck. something must have burned out because the first few test hovers were ok then I got a surge of power then nothing then one more time the servos worked for a few seconds since then nothing. I've asked the seller for a new control box since they are 70 bucks hope he sends one or replaces unit.

Bill
ORIGINAL: asainz320

\
Alain.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:37 AM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

when my servos burned smoke came out of them and then work again for a fraction of a sec and then stoped working.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:08 PM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hadis

Tips for flying RC micro helis:

- Give immediate enough throttle to make it lift off, do not increase the throttle slowly. It will slide the heli to the left, and you will run out of space very soon..
- Once it lifts off the ground, adjust the aileron control to the right, as the heli will tend to bank to the left.
- If the heli is in the air, adjust the rudder trimmer so that the heli will maintain the heading.
- E sky can be controlled easier when it sin the air.
- Do not overcontrol. Just do the correction smoothly.
- I have bought many E-skies , and most of them are ready to fly out of the box.

You can download a small portion of my e-sky circling around my living room at http://knvonline.net/files/esky1.wmv

Hope this will help.
HI HADIS CAN YOU ANSWER ME A QUICK QUESTION PLEASE I HAVE ESKY AND WHEN GREEN LIGHT ON HELLO SO IS OK TO FLY BUT IF I DO A QUICK POWER UP THE GREEN LIGHT GOES RED IS THIS NORMAL.
THANKS
Old 05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Same thing happens to me but when i give full throttle. I get the same thing, the green led turns red when full throttle is given. What does that mean???
Old 05-18-2004, 06:25 PM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i hope it dont mean something bad cos mine is only a day old

asainz320
did you get a training lead with yours if yes have you got it working
Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 PM
jaglabs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The red light means the motor needs more power than the battery can supply at the moment. You will also see this when the battery runs down and you have to apply more and more power just to get it to hover. This is a normal condition usually. I own 3 eskys and they fly great once you have them trimmed out correctly.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:10 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not able to use the training thing with the computer. How does it work? How can i get it to work with the computer???
Old 05-19-2004, 05:20 AM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi jaglabs thanks for your reply at least thats once question sorted thats put my mind at rest now to sort this training lead out

i see that some come with just a parallel lead but mine has got both plugs on one end but i seem to think it is both for different types of serial conector.

if i get it working ill let ya know
Old 05-19-2004, 04:35 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a transmitter with the port and the cable for the computer . I tried to connect it using PPJoy and i got some movement input from the transmitter, but no more than that . Does someone knows how to connect the transmitter to the computer ???? Any suggestion will be appriciated. Thanks

Alain
Old 05-19-2004, 05:33 PM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi asainz well crashed my helli today and thats me out of action till spares come i must say the rotar and tale blade and tail cog are very brittle compared to aero hawk.

my bro flew his aerohawk onto my arked up esky and his is ok mine broke tale blade and cog

i have some more information for the lead it is infact a serial lead but still i have not managed to get it to work as of yet but ill keep trying.

if anyone can help with this b4 i totaly wreck my helli i would be very greatfull

ps asainz i was told that tru flight 3d will work directly with this lead as to if it does i cant say as i dont have that software and it is pretty expensive for me.

good luck and let me know if you get it working
Old 05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi ade i to baught my esky from ebay with cam and training lead and i cant get it to work with fms on windows xp is your lead a serial that is double sized ie a serial plug and one that looks like a printer port plug.
if you manage to get it working can you please email me at stevehickey6@yahoo.co.uk and tell me how
thanks

ps i notice that the rotar and tail and tail gear are very brittle plastic but the spare rotar and tail blades seems more flexible im just hoping now the spares i have ordered of ebay are not the brittle ones as these are nothing more than useless.
does anyone know what specs the the tail motors are as i have found a shop online that does very cheap motors but i need to know the specs for esky one first. here is link for any of you that are intersted

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...//www.msn.com/
ORIGINAL: ADE

Thanks for the information. I'll try that online hobby shop. I purchased my unit off ebay and it came with a spy cam and sim cord. However, I have not been able to get the transmitter to work with FMS. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My computer is loaded with XP but I can control everything with my keyboard. Any tips on this are welcomed as well. Being new to this area sucks! I want to get my bird in the air.....I've contacted my seller in china and gave him my needed part number....hopefully things will pan out.

Thanks again,

Tony
Old 05-19-2004, 07:01 PM
asainz320

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Steve,

Im going to try to get the software or a demo to try it out. If i have any luck i'll post it, but for now i was trying with PPJoy. This software lets you use many kind of controls, but i can't get it to work correctly. You need to now the axis of the comtroller to set it up. Well i'll keep trying.

Alain
Old 05-19-2004, 09:13 PM
JZGOON

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

buy a usb cable it will solve your win xp problems
Old 05-20-2004, 06:11 AM
stevehickey6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi jzgoon
will the usb cable work with the esky remote

thanks
steve
ORIGINAL: JZGOON

buy a usb cable it will solve your win xp problems
Old 05-20-2004, 09:28 AM
JZGOON

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

EVERYONE SAYS THE ESKY IS COMPATABLE WITH FUTABA, 1 OF THESE MIGHT WORK...
http://www.milehighwings.com/usb_cables.htm
Old 05-31-2004, 08:30 PM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Hadis! I was looking over this forum and noticed that you have a 1800 mAH Lithium battery on your bee. Where did you get it? I'd like to get one to have longer flight times. Any suggestions you have for the battery and how to fly with it will be appriciated. Also, can you send me any videos of your honey bee in action? My email adress is www.needfsunderground@yahoo.com
Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:26 PM
rsmli

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi , I am new to his forum. I have also bought the Esky Honeybee fro Ebay, like many of you.
Mine from RC-expert in HK., fast delivery. I am able to use the transmiter cable (came with the package) to work in FSM2 beta7 with airlanes, but not on helicopters, not matter what models of helicopter I loaded. Anyone has the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service