Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

E-SKY LAMA 2 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 AM
PoppyDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-SKY LAMA 2 THREAD

Timmca.........I would think that the Hitech radio should work, Sorry I cant be of more help.

PoppyDon
Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
GTX SlotCar

I use a Hitec Eclipse7 with mine. I think it should be set to neg. shift.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Gary, what does a guy gotta do to get together with another guy from Maine, and try to learn to fly his King?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
robertdownes25

Got a question for you all. I've just got a Lama on mode 2, throttle left, but I'm not sure it's doing what it's supposed to do. In the instructions it says for Mode 2 the left hand stick will also make the Lama lean left or right if you give (if left or right imput). It also says the right hand stick (if given left or right) will make the head change direction i.e. directional.
But my Lama is doing the opposite. Give it some left on the left hand stick and head turns i.e. the heli spins on its axis (directional) and the right hand stick is the lean?
I think the instructions are wrong actually, but I would like some clarification from anyone else with a Mode 2? These Chinese instructions are a bit of a joke in general.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 PM
ccpmheli

Hello, That sounds correct. On the left stick, there are two functions essentially. 1.) Up or down 2.) Yaw Left or Right. On the right stick there are essentially two funtions as well. 1.) Roll Left/Right. 2.) Pitch For(down)/Aft(Up).That covers all of the Axis of flight. The reason the heli rotates left or right when you move the left stick from side to side represents yaw. In the absence of up/down stick movement, only one set of rotors will spin, this is how the heli carries out yaw control(differential torque). If you move the same stick slowly up, but not side to side, both sets of rotors should spin equally and the heli will begin to take off. The right stick controls Roll(Lean Left/Right) when moved from side to side, and when moved up/down the left stick controls Pitch(Lean forward(down) or backward(Up)). Just as in an airplane, a coordinated input of yaw and roll are used to make a turn. However in an airplane, pitch is used only to go up/down(excluding aerobatics), while in a heli, pitch controls up/down while moving in flight, but while hovering, pitch controls forward/backward movement. It sounds like your manual is in error. Good Luck. -ccpmheli
PS You can hold(carefully) the heli in one hand and introduce stick movements to see if reacts as you expect it to.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 AM
robertdownes25

The Lama took a dive last night into a muddy field from about 40 ft. Been raining before so it was pretty boggy which broke the fall but I have now got wobble. Took it apart as much I could and think the main outer shaft is slightly bent. Firstly, does anyone know how to get the main shaft off - got the inside one out and all the blades off but the main shaft seemed to be stuck fast? Any advice on how to get it out really appreciated. Also, does anyone have any tips for getting it back to (almost) straight. I know this is a tricky job so any tips welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:52 PM
spiderhole

I'm ordering some spare parts for my Lama v3, but the store I like to buy from carries mainly v4 stuff. I know that most of the parts are interchangable, but one thing I'm not sure about is the swashplate. Ka-Planes carries EK1-0571, but other sites list EK1-0319 for the V3. Are they the same thing with different part #s? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 PM
ccpmheli

Hello spiderhole, Hobby-Lobby should have them, and anything that can fit in a 4"x4" box will ship anywhere for $2.99US.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 AM
spiderhole

Yes, but they don't have half of the other stuff I need. Ka-Planes has it all but the swashplate (unless the V4 one will work)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
ericke1

Im new to RC helicopters and saw a great deal on an esky lamy for $79 with 2 lipos and charger from a hk shop. Problem is it is mode 1 and 35mhz, for that price do you think it is worth it, or should I find the proper 72mhz with mode 2?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:34 AM
PoppyDon

Hi Ericke1

I know that Xheli.com has a large assortment of coco heli that would be a great buy! Check them out

PoppyDon
Old 07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
laurentrcuniverse

same here mate i also have a lamav3 and the throttle glitches seem to happen when i do a lot of hover but i have yet to find why. had a look in the tx and all the solders looked fine, same in the 4-in-1. lately the glitches have become more "pronounced" as well in the sense that the drop of the lama is bigger than usual and the "catching time" is longer. i am thinking maybe a motor is on its way out.

take care.
ORIGINAL: hdellk

ORIGINAL: wye

Ok, I now have new concern/ problems...

1)The actual swashplate assembly seems to have some 'play'. In other words the shaft and so on can move up and down relative to the rest of the heli. It moves about 1mm to 2mm. Is this normal? I noticed this before any major crashes...

2) About 6 flights ago I accidentally repalaced an A blade with a B blade. I figured out my error within about half a minute of flying time - since it wouldn't lift higher than a foot. Could I have done any damage to the 4 in 1 ? Since its happened about 3 times where there would be a sudden glitch in the throttle ( the throttle drop and then quickly rise to where it was). But this could also be due to the 4 in 1 heating up...

Otherwise she flies very very well and I'm improving. I can hover/fly/land anywhere I want to in the squash court across the road. Tail in forward flying needs some work though.

Hi wye, about sometime ago you have " sudden glitch in the throttle " .
Is your problem solved? I am having the same problem with my new Lama V3.
It would happen 2 or 3 time in each flight. Still fly well but hope it can be solved.

Anyone else have this problem?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 PM
skyhulk
My Feedback: (2)

i have a esky lama v3 a ton of extra radio and everthing, it need a 4in1 that's it and your ready to go. they cost about 38.00 and some seller offer free shipping. this come with 60 brand new blade 30upper and 30lower 2 extra batteries the 900 ones for extra flight time 2extra stablizer bars to much to mention if interested i will send photos i asking 65.00 or best offer i got this copter 3weeks ago a little advance for me that's why i selling it instead of repair i stating with the e flite mcx. i also have the box. i selling this in buy and sell if u have any question contact me and i will send photos aswel