Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky Honeybee FP Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
denis1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Esky Honeybee FP Thread

thanks a lot!

OK

First thing that I can do and that I see as a good step forward towards having my HB fine tunned for the next flight, is to very carefully level those two small paddles on the main rotor - so that when servos are on and leveled, those paddles are leveled as well - as with no pitch. I will use some piece of paper to measure this angle as precise I as can. That was the advice that I've got...

So, one more question from my side (please sorry for asking so many questons, it's all very new to me)...

To adjust the angle of those two paddles preciselly, I should rotate their axe obviously (as both paddles are fixed to that axe)...
But to do that, I should probably unscrew something to free this axe for fine rotation and adjusting.
Can yu tell how should I do that?

thx
Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
lmnelson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does this HBFP come with an AC charger? http://www.hobby-lobby.com/honeybee3.htm

Or just a DC? Where the cheapest LIPO charger that will work for this?

Thanks

-Lance
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lmnelson

Does this HBFP come with an AC charger? http://www.hobby-lobby.com/honeybee3.htm

Or just a DC? Where the cheapest LIPO charger that will work for this?

Thanks

-Lance

it's a DC charger, but it can hook to a 12v lead acid battery. Chances are you have one around somewhere. If not you can buy an a/c adaptor just about anywhere. I believe it's center pin positive 1.5A @11 to 15v

www.heli-fever.com sells the adaptor for 4 bucks and the charger for 10
Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
LBB_Flyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: serverslayer

Hi all, does anyone know how to replace the flybar without breaking it. I have a direct replacement from ESKY and have already broke one trying to get it throught the rotor head without damaging it. I dont want to make the same mistake twice. If anybody has some advice, it would be appreciated.

**serverslayer**

btw, i am a noob, but i plan on learning, thanks!
Loosen the hex screws that hold the flybar in place and it will slide right in and out. They are under the paddle contol frame. Use the hex wrench that came with the heli.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
crabnutz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what other brand of heli has compatible parts with the hbfp? i would like some aluminum head set for mine. thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
denis1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One question - for all of you who have HB FP...

I have successfully adjusted my flybar, so that now both of the small paddles seem to be well leveled... thus when servos are on and leveled - flybar paddles have no pitch.

But one thing now seems to be confusing...

Namely - left, right, fwd or backwd control will move the swash plate perfectly and preciselly in all 4 directions.
But at the same time - what's strange for me (as a newbie!), as looking on how main rotor (while spinning) is tilting accordingly - it seems that it's not tilted perfectly forward for instance. It is tilted forward but there's also a very small portion of tilting left at the same time. So, it just seems to me that full forward with force the heli to go forward but at the same time tilting it very slightly left. The same with other 3 directions - they don't seem perfectly 'clear'.

Hmmm... maybe it's the matter of some advanced calibrating? Anyone of you had the same thing with HB FP? Any advice on how to calibrate that?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Commander_Drake
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It sounds like you are observing the main rotor spinning while the heli is being held or attached to the table. In which case what you see is normal. I'm not sure if this is due to gyroscopic precession or not but when the heli is unconstrained the main rotor disk will follow the swash plate movement.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: denis1

One question - for all of you who have HB FP...

I have successfully adjusted my flybar, so that now both of the small paddles seem to be well leveled... thus when servos are on and leveled - flybar paddles have no pitch.

But one thing now seems to be confusing...

Namely - left, right, fwd or backwd control will move the swash plate perfectly and preciselly in all 4 directions.
But at the same time - what's strange for me (as a newbie!), as looking on how main rotor (while spinning) is tilting accordingly - it seems that it's not tilted perfectly forward for instance. It is tilted forward but there's also a very small portion of tilting left at the same time. So, it just seems to me that full forward with force the heli to go forward but at the same time tilting it very slightly left. The same with other 3 directions - they don't seem perfectly 'clear'.

Hmmm... maybe it's the matter of some advanced calibrating? Anyone of you had the same thing with HB FP? Any advice on how to calibrate that?

yeah, I agree, it definately could be gyroscopic procession, but needless to say, it's working correctly, and you wont have a problem with it once it is in the air.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 AM
denis1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yet another thing is strange to me... I know it's not a bug, it's just like it's made to be...

Namely, we all know that transmitter needs to be on whenever heli is powered on, because otherwise - there's a danger!!
Because, if heli is on and transmitter is eventually off - '4 in 1' will go wild - instantly increasing the trottle probably to maximum! Why is it so???

I mean, what happens if transmitter dies somewhen all of the sudden (or when battery is weak)... That could happen as with all other electronic devices - so what happens then?

Why isn't it so that '4 in 1' automatically shuts off trottle to zero, when there's no proper radio signal?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it's called cheap electronics =P Usually it wont go to full throttle every time, and when it does, it will usually only do that for 3 or 4 seconds. More expensive stuff has "failsafe" programs in them so you can tell each servo where to go, and tell the throttle where to go in the event the Rx looses signal =)
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have one here that when you turn off the TX the only thing that works is the servo for the tail rotor blades*AS LONG AS IT'S NOT IN THE 3 D MODE*
Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You need to Make 1/2 to one full turn on the linkage rod.
Then plug in the battery, make sure the TX all the slider switches are all centered.
I WEIGH EACH PADDLE AND i MEASURE EACH ONE ON A GLASS TOP TABLE.
Strive for perfection.
Measure the distance between the paddle sleeve and where it is tightened down at the rotor head

[/quote]

yeah, I agree, it definately could be gyroscopic procession, but needless to say, it's working correctly, and you wont have a problem with it once it is in the air.
[/quote]
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 PM
King_99

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi, I just baught my HBFP a moment ago from XHELI.com, I am very very very new to this hobby, any word of wisdom for me? so i dont get too many crashes and all? any website with tutorial videos? Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2007, 05:01 PM
denis1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Strive for perfection.
Measure the distance between the paddle sleeve and where it is tightened down at the rotor head
That's really perfection!
Most likely I'll be having the same approach when I get more familiar with my new HBFP...
thanks!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I use paddles from a Falcon 3 D and I weigh each one on a scale
Remember anything with an airfoil that spins that fast,close enough is not good enough and if the hekli can talk it would tell you
Old 06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
denis1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: King_99

Hi, I just baught my HBFP a moment ago from XHELI.com, I am very very very new to this hobby, any word of wisdom for me? so i dont get too many crashes and all? any website with tutorial videos? Thanks in advance

Hi, as I'm also a beginner with HBFP (I bought mine some 7 days ago), maybe I can give you some words from my perspective...

Something that I did wrong right the first day when my HBF came was to go out trying to fly it in the park! Of course, I tried to hover and I crashed it almost instantly - and broke one skid! Bad! I was sad - so I decided to take some mored decent approach towards learning to hover!

So, one excersize that came out from some manual as really usefull for me is the following:

I put my HBFP on the carpet in my room, having some 5 x 5 ft area free (that's not much!). Then I increase throttle being carefull NOT to lift off - it's just to become light on skids. Heli will tend to drift left, right, around... I try then to compensate all those wild movements - so that heli stays safe in the same (the smaller the better) quandrant on the carpet. It gets hard - because, to be able to hover, first thing that's needed is to have well developed skills to react with very precise commands. Very gently, not to overreact on any heli's movement. And very quick. Very safe. Heli needs NOT to touch anything but the carpet with the skids. Heli is not made to be crashed, that's what I realize. This lection is accomplished once when I'm sure that I can keep my HBFP safe with that quadrant on the carpet.

This was my beginner's view, please correct me if you think I'm not on the good track...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 AM
johnny_p

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Need Assistance on the following:

I would like to set my FP up with my DX7 and AR6100. How should I set this up and what are my options?

What is everyone's opinion on going brushless with this bird, and if so, how should I set this up?

If you have the parts laying around and collecting dust and want to part with em, PM me and let me know what you have and we can work out a deal.

Thanks in advance!!

JP
Old 07-03-2007, 04:18 AM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if you wanna go brushless, the main advantages would be that it would have alot more climb out power and could carry alot more weight, like a bigger battery for longer flight times, the other advantage is you wouldn't have to replace the stock motor every 20 or less flight hours.

The main disatvantage is cost, and with the extra power you could wear out your tail motor quicker, although if you are running a 7 cell NiMH or NiCd or a 2s lipo, that wont matter too much.

setup your Fp just like you would set up a plane. Don't set it up in heli mode. Look on horizon's website for the instructions on how to hook the cx2 up to the dx7, and use those exact same instructions. If you can't find it give me a hollar and I'll see if I can dig it up.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 PM
johnny_p

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the reply. I will eventually end up going brushless, then belt driven tail, then...

I found the DX7/CX2 instructions by doing a google search. Got it squared away. Appreciate it.

JP
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 AM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yup, no prob =) glad you got it figured out =)
Old 07-06-2007, 06:42 PM
johnny_p

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pazminoj

Can any body help. I bought a Honeybee cp2 3 weeks ago and still can't get it off the ground. I'ts hopping to the left alot after 60% throttle and I've done all the adjustments and trimmings I could.
I know this post is old but I thought I'd chime in on this. I was having the same problem shortly after a crash, didn't seem that significant of an event but it was enough to shear upper pin at the hub assembly. So, if you can turn your blades while holding the main gear stationary, you've more than likely sheared that pin. In my case, I'd give her all I had on the throttle and the blades would spin but not enough to give her any lift. The shaft was spinning plenty fast but the hub was slipping and couldn't keep up to speed. To remedy I used a small paperclip to act as my pin. I cut it a tad long and bent it on both ends a smidge to keep it from flying out during spin-up. Back in the air.

Cheers.

JP
Old 07-06-2007, 06:44 PM
johnny_p

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Still would like to find out how to install this AR6100 Receiver to the stock bird so I can use my DX7. If anybody knows the wiring connections I'd appreciate it.

JP
Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 PM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you'll have to modify the receiver heavily. Start here, and feel free to ask any q's =)

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...h_Blade_CP_4n1

and for a few more pics and info
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...ushless_Part_2
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 PM
johnny_p

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

you'll have to modify the receiver heavily. Start here, and feel free to ask any q's =)

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...h_Blade_CP_4n1

and for a few more pics and info
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in...ushless_Part_2
Is the HoneyBee FP modification the same as the Blade CP modification above? I'm not recognizing the circuit board deely'o!

JP
Old 07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
mrasmm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no it's not quite the same, but it is very simular. If you can't figure it out, take some good pics of the circuit and send them to me somehow and I can mark them up and tell you where to put stuff =)

BTW sorry I've been off the board for a couple of days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service