Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Esky Honeybee FP Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky Honeybee FP Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM
yongary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky Honeybee FP Thread

Everyone else has their own thread. Why not us? =)

I bought my honeybee fp a month ago from ebay seller 'modelocity''. ($94 including shipping, awesome price)

here's the video of tail-in and side-in hovering.

[link=http://media.putfile.com/hovering]Newbie Hovering Video[/link]
Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM
michaelx

Default RE: Esky Honeybee FP Thread

Not bad at all for a $100 bird.
Seems there's a problem with landing anyway ?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 PM
yongary

Are you talking about my video? Oh well, I tried to do nose-in hovering for the first time and crashed without any damage =P

Anyways, can honeybee fp be upgraded to honeybee cp2?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:47 PM
ironbadge

I don't think you can upgrade and I don't think you should. Do the math and you'll see the "upgrade" (if possible) can cost the whole new bird. So, get the new one instead. You can still have the FP to practice without fear
Old 03-17-2006, 02:47 PM
rmgmag

I bought one a few weeks ago from ModelCity too. I've had a lot of downtime while waiting for parts to come in. A few minor pieces broke from various crashes, and it's tough to find parts. Anyway, I've located some spare parts and I'm back flying it again.

I can hover pretty easily. Forward flight seems difficult. I get it going forward and then it seems balloon up a bit and pitch to the rear which stops the forward flight. I can make turns to the left fairly easily, but I have trouble turning to the right. Haven't really tried much nose in hovering yet. But I think that I'll be able to manage it by turning my back to the heli, and watching it from over my shoulder. I did that when I was learning to fly fixed wing planes, and it helped a lot with orientation. After a while it became automatic and I didn't need to do that anymore. Probably took me no more than a couple of weeks to get past that point with fixed wing planes, It'll probably take a little longer with this beast.

I hate to say it, but it seems kind of boring compared to flying 3D foamies. I enjoy the learning experience, but there's not much wow factor for me.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 AM
bignose13

Hi
I have had mine since xmas and with the help of clearview sim can hover nose in and do fo8 .
I have bought the upgraded skids from helidirect but have not put them on yet , as you can see from the photos I need the skids urgently , when i have put them on i shall post more photos for you to look at.
I have got a 1200 mah lipo and get about 15 mins of fun from it but i do use heatsink as a precaution.
The next upgrade will be the dd tail motor as i am fed up with burning the motors up see my other thread
Old 03-18-2006, 11:02 AM
bignose13

Whoops
Forgot photos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49268.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	428357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21665.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	428358  
Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 AM
bignose13

Oh well seems i am the only one writing in this thread
Anyway I have put on my skids i had from helidirect and they are a deffinate improvement from the stock one they fell more solid when you take a hard landing not that i have had much flying this week due to 30 mph wind and solid rain for the last week .
Anyway hope you like the photos and if you need a helping hand to fit them just ask and i will gladly help.
By the way my next upgrade will be the dd tail motor setup on hellihobby , iwould appreciate it if anybody has had them on there hb fp let me know what they are like , ihave read they are good on the cp and blade plus others but not read anything about them on the fp honey
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84347.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	433898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75497.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	433899  
Old 03-27-2006, 08:10 AM
rmgmag

Looks nice. I stuck my wrapped my antenna around the receiver and then stuck it in the orange tube. Seems to work fine, but I do get occasional glitches. What battery are you using? It looks like a big 3 cell.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:14 AM
bignose13

Yes i use a 1200 lipo with with 3 cell it gets a bit hot but let it cool down after about 10 mins flying, I do have a 2 cell but this wont lift the heli of the grond very far somthing to do with the pinion gears i need a 11 tooth not a stock 10 tooth that came with it but i dont know where to get them in the uk and i dont want to pay 13 dollars delivery for them
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Butuz

Bignose i found a place in the UK that does small pinions, and i ordered a couple for my Piccolo FP and they work. Should work for you too.

Go to http://www.apexmodels.com and to a search for pinion. The ones you want are the MICRO RS4 individual ones, or the MINI T HIGH SPEED METAL PINION SETs.

yongary i have not got a honee bee FP, but i have a piccolo fp and theyre very similar. the piccolo v3 comes already with a direct drive tail and it is good. you can also use cheap GWS orange propellors on it, works out great value.

Butuz
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 AM
bignose13

Hi Butuz
How are you?
Are the pinions 2mm bore just making sure before i go ahead and order and are the old pinions easy to get off the new ones have a grub screw so i should think they are easy to replace.
By the way seen your piccolo looks cool
Old 03-30-2006, 10:29 AM
RKS1949

A friend and I have the HB/Fp Heli's. We are in the learning process(we are learing alot,the hard way). We have found if the heli is set up to hover real well indoors,that when we went outdoors to try FF it would pitch up after about 10ft of FF. The cure for us was,to run the trim tab(right stick) all the way forward where you have to hold a little (back stick) in it to hover.Also we moved the CG(battery) a little forward. Now when you go into FF it dosen't try to pitch up. It kinda flys like a plane once you get it into FF. But man it will really move out when you push the stick forward! We are running 2 S lipos(7.4 Volt) batterys,and the motors don't even get hot at all! We tried the 3 S Lipos and the motors got very hot. These motors will last a long time on a two cell,but a three cell is too much voltage for them. On a fixed pitch heli,I don't think you need the extra power anyway. It's not like your gonna get it to 3-D. Hope this info. helps. RR[8D]
Old 03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
shmokinmonki

Is it ok to jion in hear, ive got a Twister V2 FP (basically the same thing), theres not many FP heli post around....

Anyway, nice video, seems nice and steady, if ur like that in the ground swash, i bet ur even steadier higher up.....
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
RKS1949

That is a real steady hover for being in ground effect! RR
Old 03-30-2006, 11:24 PM
stents3

Hi Guys has anyone tried or know how to adjust the servo throws on the ESky 6 CH transmitter CCPM? Seems the throw of the front servo(by the motor) for elevator is excessive. It does'nt match the other two servos and almost twists the swashplate. If there is an adjustment,it might be in the 4 in 1(a small pot maybe). Thanks S[sm=confused.gif]tents3
Old 03-31-2006, 02:55 AM
bignose13

RKS did you have to change the pinion gear on the motor when you use the 7.2 lipo or did the HB fly with the stock pinion
Old 03-31-2006, 08:02 AM
RKS1949

bignose13, No we are running the stock pinion gear. I'm not sure what the rpm of the rotor is,but it flys real nice(alot better than we do)! The main reason we went with the 2 cell is,the motors run so much cooler,and longer. Mine has over 100 flights on the orginal main motor,and tail motor. We had Blade CP's for our first heli's(big mistake) and we ran the 3 cells in them. We were constantly buying motors(alot of tail motors). I use a 2 S 1250mah Lipo in mine and reguarly get 20-25 minutes flying time on a charge. My friend uses a 2 S 1650mah lipo,and it actually flys better,with the extra weight( it only weighs 2 grams more than the stock battery) and the fly time is just unbelieveable! I've never thought about going up a tooth on the pinion gear. It would be worth a try,if you wanted more head speed. RR
Old 03-31-2006, 08:12 AM
RKS1949

stents3,The only adjustment I know you could make is to move the control rod in one hole on the servo arm it's self. Then you will have to reajust the swash plate to get it level again. Some guys are going to computer radios,for this reason. With them you can adjust the travel (epa. end point adjustment). It makes life alot easier. RR
Old 03-31-2006, 01:04 PM
stents3

RKS1949 Thanks for the reply. The only problem moving it in on the control horn is it also reduces the throw for mixing functions,throttle and blade pitch,which seems to be alright.I agree with you about computer radios,it makes set-up alot easier.[sm=wink.gif]
Old 04-01-2006, 06:25 AM
shmokinmonki

stents3, I think know what u want to do

first switch on ur heli (and radio), and centralize the servos with the links off, now u said one servo isnt a centre when "centred on the controller",
What u need to do is undo the tiny screw holding the horn, and remove the horn and refit it one spline in the direction u need

Servos a built with gears in them, if its still not as u want, u can open up the servo and move the gears around by on tooth,rebuild and check. u tend to find that by moving the horn or gears you can "micro adjust the servo to centre, by moving "1/2" a tooth round.

my twister FP v2 , was the same on one of the cyclic servos as urs and it centred the servo to its true 90 degree, and it helps keeps ur remote trims to centre until u need them

hope this helps, Shmokin
Old 04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
yongary

is the super landing gear from helidirect good? easy to assemble? should i buy the pre-assembled one?

when i try to fly outdoors, the servos have lot of glitches. why is that? they dont glitch almost not at all when i fly indoors.

it's been 2 months since i bought my honeybee, but i didnt have much time to practice lately so i'm still doing side-in hovering and practicing nose-in hovering. =P right-side hovering is pretty easy now, but left-side is alot harder.

after that, i will practice figure 8s

i didnt know there were this many people out there flying fp heli.
welcome!!!!!!!
let's talk about fp helis~
Old 04-03-2006, 02:56 AM
bignose13

youngary
go to this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#3991562
it gives very informative instructions on how to build them , its not hard and it adds to the fun of the little heli so dont buy a ready assembled one also helidirect are very good i had mine in 7 days i live in the U K
Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 AM
guy4x4

I don't have a honey bee but you can get parts here http://www.********.co.uk/categories.php?cat=8
Old 04-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Butuz

Hi bignose.

Those pinions i showed you are 2mm shaft yes. But be careful, i thought my piccolo motor was 2mm shaft, but it was actually 2.3mm shaft, so i had to use a dremel to file down the shaft a bit so that the pinion would fit. Check if your motor is 2mm or 2.3mm.

We will have to catch up sometime i live just outside pontypridd too!

Butuz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.