Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Version of Honey Bee King

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Version of Honey Bee King

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
betapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Version of Honey Bee King

the right heli can change your entire flying experience. I started straight out of the womb on a blade cp, I had been a rated pilot for three years previous so I thought I thought this would be an easy hobby to pick up, wrong. I thought for a long time that I would never progress, that there must be something wrong wth my bird. Then I experienced a Trex 450 se at the behest of my lhs guy, ( I *****ed alot about that cp). All of the sudden I could hover in a one square foot area, no etl, no "hover in a bowl", it was like all of the sudden I got it. Since then I have flown almost every electric on the market. I still have my little blade and love to fly it, but it is now the guinea pig for my "new" manuevers department and after many upgrades (basically a new chopper) I have it balanced and stable but it took some work. I would definitely go with hb king2 or falcon 3d for my first ccpm, hope I helped in some small way.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
crashcrash

I've had a stock radio go bad, a DX6 go bad, on my 3rd set of servos...none of this due to crashing. It just won't reliably stay in the air long enough to do anything...There's ALWAYS a frigg'in problem with the CP Pro so you can't fly it. When it was running GOOD...left/right side in, almost nose in a few times, I did 2 piro's, I flew over my head once and did a half of a pattern flight...IN 6 MONTHS. I know how to hover fine. I could keep my Pro in a 2ft x 2ft with NO problems...if it were running right. Most of my actual hover time is dedicated to troubleshooting problems...it turned out NOT being fun...just expensive. I give up with Eflite...I'm done. HBKII seems like a very good step in the right direction. I'm glad you filled me in on it!

ORIGINAL: betapilot

the right heli can change your entire flying experience. I started straight out of the womb on a blade cp, I had been a rated pilot for three years previous so I thought I thought this would be an easy hobby to pick up, wrong. I thought for a long time that I would never progress, that there must be something wrong wth my bird. Then I experienced a Trex 450 se at the behest of my lhs guy, ( I *****ed alot about that cp). All of the sudden I could hover in a one square foot area, no etl, no "hover in a bowl", it was like all of the sudden I got it. Since then I have flown almost every electric on the market. I still have my little blade and love to fly it, but it is now the guinea pig for my "new" manuevers department and after many upgrades (basically a new chopper) I have it balanced and stable but it took some work. I would definitely go with hb king2 or falcon 3d for my first ccpm, hope I helped in some small way.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
betapilot

crash, always glad to help any way I can, I have been there with the frustration and I am sorry you are having to go through it now. My buddy bought a helimax axe cp ad it ain't any better. Let me know if there isany thing els you need and good luck flying.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
crashcrash

Mine just went on order...should be a couple days. Going to sell the Pro to offset the cost of the new one. After all...if it's NOT dependable...what good is it? Even if I put all the parts in and it flies sweet...I'm still done with it. To me...I think it's (HBKII) a mini T-Rex by the looks and by what you guys are saying. The 400 class is just bigger than I want to go anyway. I couldn't hover a T-Rex in my living room or the basement.

crash, always glad to help any way I can, I have been there with the frustration and I am sorry you are having to go through it now. My buddy bought a helimax axe cp ad it ain't any better. Let me know if there isany thing els you need and good luck flying.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 04:44 PM
betapilot

good choice, I know you will be amazed at the difference. I will make a suggestion though. While you are learning to fly and not smooth on the controls you will notice your batteries do not last as long. that is because you are all over the collective and cyclic and every input requires power. the same holds true for the heat of you motor and the king 2's stock motor gets very hot. When you get it, try not to fly two consecutive batteries, let it cool before popping in the next battery. I finally burnt my stock motor after about 20 hrs.. Align makes a new 4300 bl that I will be testing in my King and I will let you know how it goes. Right now I am flying with an rcsmart 4200bl w/ 30a esc and performance wise it does not make that much difference, but my stock lipo is getting 14-17 minutes of flight time and you can go one battery after another and not get it hot. Try that with your favorite gal,lol.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
crashcrash

What kind of main motor does it come with? Im thinking the standard 370 9T right? I won't be going BL for a while but if I like this heli...I will do it.

good choice, I know you will be amazed at the difference. I will make a suggestion though. While you are learning to fly and not smooth on the controls you will notice your batteries do not last as long. that is because you are all over the collective and cyclic and every input requires power. the same holds true for the heat of you motor and the king 2's stock motor gets very hot. When you get it, try not to fly two consecutive batteries, let it cool before popping in the next battery. I finally burnt my stock motor after about 20 hrs.. Align makes a new 4300 bl that I will be testing in my King and I will let you know how it goes. Right now I am flying with an rcsmart 4200bl w/ 30a esc and performance wise it does not make that much difference, but my stock lipo is getting 14-17 minutes of flight time and you can go one battery after another and not get it hot. Try that with your favorite gal,lol.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
betapilot

it is a "super 370" 15a brushed motor and I believe it is either a 9t or 10t pinion. You should get good performance out of it, you will just notice it gets very hot and with the battery heat it gets scorching. I did put a cut out piece of plastic from a 2 liter, (my own design), and made a heat shield between the battery and motor and it did help. Either way you should be very happy with your new bird. Keep us posted when you get it.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 05:48 PM
crashcrash

it is a "super 370" 15a brushed motor and I believe it is either a 9t or 10t pinion. You should get good performance out of it, you will just notice it gets very hot and with the battery heat it gets scorching. I did put a cut out piece of plastic from a 2 liter, (my own design), and made a heat shield between the battery and motor and it did help. Either way you should be very happy with your new bird. Keep us posted when you get it.

Rusty

Yeah....I'll keep everyone here posted, and thanks to all helping me kick the Eflite habit.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you look over Jag's site?
Tons of parts and really super good prices
He'll have more in on the 13th of this month and I think also he'll have the metal upgrade parts.
I think he has all the plastic parts,bom,frame and anything else you may need.
But so far I havend heard of 1 HBK11 crashing
Vegas/
ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Yeah....I'll keep everyone here posted, and thanks to all helping me kick the Eflite habit.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Whirley Bird

What I like about the HBK is the motor is up front.
I cut a slot in the nose you can't even notice and that cooler blows direct on the 2 heat sinks I have on the motor.
Vegas.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Whirley Bird

It's a 9 tooth like the old standard HBK but even with that 5 minute flights with a 2 heats sinks and a couple minute rest and the motor doesn't get that hot.
I priced some of the BL motors and ESC units.
They cost more then the heli.
I have several motors here and still had no need to make changes.
Vegas/

What kind of main motor does it come with? Im thinking the standard 370 9T right? I won't be going BL for a while but if I like this heli...I will do it.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
metabolicmaggot

People tell me helis like this can only be so cheap because they use the crappiest parts, is this the case? are servos and tx/rx gona go out? of just the motor?

and does everything stock get 15 min of flight?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Whirley Bird

I get an easy 12 minutes if I don't just keep it in a hoover mode and I use the battery from a Falcon.
For a crappy heli as you call it my friend had his for 9 weeks and is already doing loops and inverted flight.
The price is so good if I smash it to nothing i'll just buy another.
I have 2 now an dgetting a third.
Bigger helis like the T/rex just put you in the poor house.
Vegas/
Old 06-06-2007, 07:32 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Yeah...and then bookmarked it. I ordered the heli thru someone I've already done business with but their parts support is shakey. The more people that go on this thread and make comments...the more I know I've made the right choice. You guys sound JUST like the people that have the T-Rex as far as being happy with it. I need a dependable platform that will fly...I think I've found it in the HBKII. I wanted to stay in the 300 class because 400 class is pushing it in size for me. I don't think I could hover a T-Rex in my living room.

Did you look over Jag's site?
Tons of parts and really super good prices
He'll have more in on the 13th of this month and I think also he'll have the metal upgrade parts.
I think he has all the plastic parts,bom,frame and anything else you may need.
But so far I havend heard of 1 HBK11 crashing
Vegas/

Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: metabolicmaggot

People tell me helis like this can only be so cheap because they use the crappiest parts, is this the case? are servos and tx/rx gona go out? of just the motor?

and does everything stock get 15 min of flight?

you gotta be talk'in about the CP-Pro....LOL
Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
crashcrash

It's a 9 tooth like the old standard HBK but even with that 5 minute flights with a 2 heats sinks and a couple minute rest and the motor doesn't get that hot.
I priced some of the BL motors and ESC units.
They cost more then the heli.
I have several motors here and still had no need to make changes.
Vegas/

Rusty
Any time you talk brushless....minimum of a $200 upgrade even for the CP Pro.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Whirley Bird

So tell us,
Did you order it yet?
I fso from who?
Vegas./
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
crashcrash

Yes...it's on order.

http://www.hobby-estore.com/esky-e01...elicopter.html

I've delt with them before...prices are OK.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
metabolicmaggot

u talkin to crashcrash?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Whirley Bird

OK so I assume their in stock?
Ka-planes has them NOW and I thing $160.00
How come they put those fins on the boom but their more air then anything else.
I'm trying to find thin plastic then make then solid.
Vegas/
Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
crashcrash

OK so I assume their in stock?
Ka-planes has them NOW and I thing $160.00
How come they put those fins on the boom but their more air then anything else.
I'm trying to find thin plastic then make then solid.
Vegas/
The trick is...not to fly with your tail in the dirt (LOL).
Old 06-06-2007, 09:33 PM
betapilot

I just went to the lhs and picked up a castle creations 30a esc and an align 4300 for my falco and at his highway robbery prices my total reciept was less than 130 bucks. I have yet to spend that much previously. You can buy the Esky 3100kv bl for 34 bucks list, and if you watch ebay you can get them for much less. In fact I just won the HDX 3100 brushless combo for a blade cp I am salvaging and paid 60 bucks plus shipping. I have totaled one of my king v2's twice and both times it was less than 40 bucks to repair. For that matter, I have stopped buying parts and started doing arf's. I just picked up the yellow king 2 from enjoy hobbies for 51 bucks plus 25 for shipping. that is the beauty of this hobby, the electrics are pretty cheap to operate and very simple to rebuild, that is the biggest reason I stay away from the nitro stuff. Where the real money comes in is the servos and gyros, good radios and receivers. Those items are hard to get cheap if they are quality, but I for the most part just fly with stock and don't run into much trouble. btw, enjoy also has falcon 3d's rtf for 215 plus 40 shipping.

Rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
crashcrash

I just went to the lhs and picked up a castle creations 30a esc and an align 4300 for my falco and at his highway robbery prices my total reciept was less than 130 bucks. I have yet to spend that much previously. You can buy the Esky 3100kv bl for 34 bucks list, and if you watch ebay you can get them for much less. In fact I just won the HDX 3100 brushless combo for a blade cp I am salvaging and paid 60 bucks plus shipping. I have totaled one of my king v2's twice and both times it was less than 40 bucks to repair. For that matter, I have stopped buying parts and started doing arf's. I just picked up the yellow king 2 from enjoy hobbies for 51 bucks plus 25 for shipping. that is the beauty of this hobby, the electrics are pretty cheap to operate and very simple to rebuild, that is the biggest reason I stay away from the nitro stuff. Where the real money comes in is the servos and gyros, good radios and receivers. Those items are hard to get cheap if they are quality, but I for the most part just fly with stock and don't run into much trouble. btw, enjoy also has falcon 3d's rtf for 215 plus 40 shipping.

Rusty
So the stock TX/RX and all are decient on the HBKII? I've got a dead Eflite TX laying around, I got a new in the box TX from Horizon that was defective and I fired it back.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
DriveWRX

crashcrash,
I believe you will like this heli. I really do!
I went BL, Just Go Fly 400DH (8T pinion) and CC25 ESC. With a MegaPower 1350mAh 15C battery, this heli is amazing.
I found a ESky BL motor/ESC combo deal on eBay (sorry don't have a link). 3100kv motor and a 25A ESC for $30. This motor is slightly underpowered, so it's good for basic flying. A good start anyways.

Do you still have the DX6 that you mentioned earlier? If you do, the King V2 only gets better!
I have the DX7 and the fine tuning that you can do really make this heli so much fun to fly.

When you get your heli, I suggest checking everything! And I mean everything.
Here's why:
- I found that the thrust bearings in the rotor head were NOT lubricated! [X(]
- Others have found step washers installed the wrong way on the belt pulleys.
- The tail pushrod binds when using the rod guides. (I don't use them because of this...)
- Some of the servo wire routing came too close to moving parts.
- I had to balance the main blades. They were pretty far off!
- I had to adjust the links to get tracking correct.

But that's stuff that should be done anyway on any heli!

Here's my King V2. It's a BLAST!
JGF 400DH, CC25, DX7 (AR6100 rx), HS55 on the swash, HS50 on the tail, G90 HH gyro and a custom battery tray.
(These are old pictures, it's slightly different now.)

Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
betapilot

I like the esky much better, you have two trimmer pots on the radio for fine tuning and it feels smooth. I removed the rachet collective, I prefer mine smooth but it operates very well just stock. Don't get me wrong, any heli can have a problem from the factory. My buddy just purchased a helimax axe cp and the first one he got had a bad gyro from the factory, whew, talk about a handful. The only reason I am buying a new radio is because I have so many helis it wil make it nice to have one radio that controls them all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.