Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Version of Honey Bee King

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Version of Honey Bee King

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Version of Honey Bee King

Thanks for the info on that setup.

I received my box of parts today and I went to radio shack and picked up some light pref board.
I alsogot some CA glue and RS had those nylon velcro ties so tomorrow I should have it close to yours/.
Later maybe i'll put my out runner motor on.
For the money their really nice helis.
I been flying mine here indoors for about 25 minutes @ 2 packs
Vegas/
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Whirley Bird

Long wait because I had your HBK redirected to my address
Vegas/
ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Hi all....love the pics! waiting for my HBKII to arrive. I've sold off my Eflite CP Pro, so now maybe I can do some flying instead of FIXING (no crashes involved either). Other CP Pro owners have started to shift to the KINGII...this thread might get busy...we know you're here. I contacted JCS Hobbies about Plasti-Blades for the KingII...they don't have them yet but they'll be watching us. If there's a market for the KINGII and the T-Rex...he'll get it going. Plasti-Blades are not as good as carbon fiber, but are way better than woodies. They just dont break...period. Just my $.02 worth. I've had many strikes with the Plasti-Blades...back in the air in 5 minutes with the CP-Pro, just straighten the spindle and hope like heck you didn't bend the main rotor shaft...which don't normally happen, but it does happen sometimes.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Better buy when you can.
Tonight I just got the last one from Jag hobbies.
Vegas/

I so much appreciate your input. I'm going to the HBKII for sure. I can't deal with the substandard trash any longer.

Already on the way. One of the Wheeeeeee Blade CP thread friends in Seattle is ordering his HBKII this weekend, Choppersrule in Indiana has his on order too....I think the Blade series heli will end up like ALF....in a trash can someplace.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Whirley Bird

I have a gram scale plus when I change batteries I do a hang and balance test from the fly bar.
The heli should hang horizontal or no more then 3* nose down.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Vegas/
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
betapilot

you mean Alf, the furry muppet alien dude?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:55 AM
betapilot

how much weight can you run before you reach that threshold?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Whirley Bird

I guess their getting them KA- planes?
He's the only one who has them in stock now.
GEE I have to wait 1 more week to get my 4th one.[]
BTW,
I fly allmy E-sky helis with no HH gyros and so far no crash.
I just get it off the ground fast.
Vegas/
[quote]ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Better buy when you can.
Vegas/

I so much appreciate your input. I'm going to the HBKII for sure. I can't deal with the substandard trash any longer.

Already on the way. One of the Wheeeeeee Blade CP thread friends in Seattle is ordering his HBKII this weekend, Choppersrule in Indiana has his on order too....I think the Blade series heli will end up like ALF....in a trash can someplace.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: betapilot

you mean Alf, the furry muppet alien dude?
(LOL)...yup....Ailien Life Form, or ALF.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
crashcrash

[quote]ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

I guess their getting them KA- planes?
He's the only one who has them in stock now.
GEE I have to wait 1 more week to get my 4th one.[]
BTW,
I fly allmy E-sky helis with no HH gyros and so far no crash.
I just get it off the ground fast.
Vegas/

Better buy when you can.
Vegas/

I know you can program the DX6 for tail input at specfic throttle levels and before gryos were cost effective, there were heli's that didn't have them. I think you call that "flying by the seat of your pants".
Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
sdmahr

I wouldn't dare try to fly without a gyro. BUT, I do fine with rate gyro's and of course Head Locking gyro's basically make it hands off except for collective pitch and throttle on the left side.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

I wouldn't dare try to fly without a gyro. BUT, I do fine with rate gyro's and of course Head Locking gyro's basically make it hands off except for collective pitch and throttle on the left side.

Hey!!! does ANYBODY have the input parameters for the HoneyBee King 2 for the DX6? I would really appreciate NOT having to do it from scratch.

My ETA for HBKII is 13JUN....jeebus...that's a long time!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
metabolicmaggot

What other helis, if any, has swapable parts? 1 LHS has CP2 parts and both have helimax and blade parts. will I just have to order everything?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:28 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: metabolicmaggot

What other helis, if any, has swapable parts? 1 LHS has CP2 parts and both have helimax and blade parts. will I just have to order everything?

www.xheli.com has a good list for the HBKII for extra parts. It has the brushless ESC and motor for $60....I'm there!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
gregkabob

HI All, I've been flying a Lama V3 for about a month and yesterday I pulled the trigger for a HBK2 from Jag. Was thinking of going to the TRex 450 but after reading the reviews on the HBK2 I decided to buy it first. I was in RC years ago and decided to get back in. I'm looking forward to getting it in a week or so as you all know Jag is getting them in on the 13th. I look forward to learning more about them and the mods you all are doing.

Greg

Moore, OK
Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: gregkabob

HI All, I've been flying a Lama V3 for about a month and yesterday I pulled the trigger for a HBK2 from Jag. Was thinking of going to the TRex 450 but after reading the reviews on the HBK2 I decided to buy it first. I was in RC years ago and decided to get back in. I'm looking forward to getting it in a week or so as you all know Jag is getting them in on the 13th. I look forward to learning more about them and the mods you all are doing.

Greg

Moore, OK

Mine should be in my hands by the 13th....oh the agony of waiting! The only mod I see that I might spring for first is the ESC and brushless can at X-Heli.com. Maybe a HHG...dunno yet. I hope this thing is as awsome as these guys say. They sound just like the guys who own T-Rex....I've never heard ONE bad thing. After fighting a CP-Pro for 7 months....I need a decient heli.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
DriveWRX

ORIGINAL: betapilot

wrx, I like the mod. gram wise what are you running? I guess my question is, does a 120g battery affect the nose or vertical cg? At what point does it start to. I just run my larger batteries underbelly mostly for cg purposes.

The stats:
ESky 1000mAh: 88g; AUW is 451g
MP 1350 15C: 100g; AUW is 466g
MP 1350 20C: 116g, AUW is 480g

With the stock battery and the 15C Mega Power, there's still enough room to move the battery around to adjust the CoG, so there's not problem. With the 20C the heli is slightly nose heavy. And there's no room to move the battery around to adjust the CoG.

Now remember that's with my battery tray. Should be different using the stock battery location.

I have to say that the Mega Power 15Cs seem the best bet. The ESky battery can't deliver the power needed by my motor (JGF 400DH).
No power issues with the 15C and the 20C. But the extra weight of the 20C cancels out much of the performance gains...
Old 06-08-2007, 11:32 PM
metabolicmaggot

Which ESC and brushless can at X-Heli.com are you using?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Whirley Bird

Some things I did that make my HBK V 2 fly better.
I use the fly paddles from a falcon.
Seems like the longer steel sleeve adds weight.
I also weigh each paddle.
One was 20.90 grams and the other was 19.40.
I add the washers between the sleeve and the paddle and both are even now.
After that I spin them with a jig I made up for my dremal tool.
This is also good time to see how level they are on the bar.
I also balance and spin test the Falcon ail rotor blades.
After all that I have the Heli up with mono line attached to the end of the fly bar.
This lets me know if i'm tail or nose heavy.
Anything over 3* up or down should be corrected.
Minor head wobble is no concern at low RPM spool up.
Remember you tracked the blades and flying speed.
If you have no vibs when you spin the blades,(both rotor and the mains),your OK.
My 1 V-2 has a slight start up wobble and I noticed the main gear has a slight warp in it.
No 3 D flying here.
I enjoy flying the heli around and making steep climbs and dives and
No HH gyro and I use a Brush motor with 2 heat sinks.
The F/C blades give me a total of 26 mm more and I still clear the tail blades.
I just got my other canopy today and i'm trying to cut out a nice,neat scoop under the nose.
That will drive cool air direct onto the heat sinks
Vegas/
Old 06-09-2007, 06:18 PM
betapilot

Greg, good to see some good ole down home folk here. I need to get your number, there are a couple of us that et together and fly. We all met around midnight last night and did some night flying. BTW, thank you from all the Americans that I know for your service and sacrifice for our country. Without people like you most likely none of us would be living in a nation where we can screw off and fly helicopters when we want and have the kind of jobs that afford us this luxury, you think the people that make these get to fly them ery often. So thanks again and lets go fly.

Greg, you will definitely enjoy your bee, alot different from the lama but alot more fun. I fly all of mine fairly stock with the exception of the motor and esc. I have tried several combos and really all perform pertty close to each other. I have one combo that is noticeably better than the others and that is my align 4300 lx and castle creations 36a esc. total combo price was a little over a hundred and there is a pretty large difference. I notice it mosly when I fly in the wind, it is the only bee that will perform like my falcon.

Maggot, I would recommend that align motor definitely and the price is in line with any other bl, the esc you can pretty much pick whatever, I have yet to notice any difference between them (esc's) and I have run seven different ones from cheap to expensive. I think on the esc's it comes down to who will stand by their product the best, castle creation has been unreal on their customer support, take it from an experimenter, I have blown up a few.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Joe K

Can some one tell me if enjoy hobbies take Pay Pal?
What is their shipping prices like?
I have had my eye on this bird.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:30 AM
wmcdaniell

Hello heli boyz

I have read most of the post. I have been flying the Falcon 40 for the last couple of months. Can someone make a comparison of flying the 40 and the new HBK2. It seems that I continue to have trouble with the 40 and the parts are costing me an arm and leg. I've replaced servos, tail motor and numerous head rotors. Is the HBK2 more stable? At 62 yrs. young the reaction time isn't what it once one. Please Advise.

Heliworth
Old 06-10-2007, 09:48 PM
sdmahr

SURPRIZE !

Its Sunday about 12:30pm and I'm out trimming the yard with the weedeater and a postal truck pulls up. Guys says, "you Scott?"...I'm like "yeah". " I got a package for you from China". COOL ! The King arrived today !

It looks pretty good. I checked everything out, put it together, (landing gear needs installed and tail blades tightened down is about all). I didn't put the main blades on or set up the head as I am awaiting the arrival of servo's etc.

So, all in all not a bad Sunday ! Hopefully this week for servos, ESC, battery, motor, etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM
crashcrash

You didn't buy it RTF? I had to being how my DX6 is JUNK.

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

SURPRIZE !

Its Sunday about 12:30pm and I'm out trimming the yard with the weedeater and a postal truck pulls up. Guys says, "you Scott?"...I'm like "yeah". " I got a package for you from China". COOL ! The King arrived today !

It looks pretty good. I checked everything out, put it together, (landing gear needs installed and tail blades tightened down is about all). I didn't put the main blades on or set up the head as I am awaiting the arrival of servo's etc.

So, all in all not a bad Sunday ! Hopefully this week for servos, ESC, battery, motor, etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Whirley Bird

Falcon and Falcon 40 same birds?
I never heard of a Falcon with a tail motor.
Well dollar for dollar you get more with the HBK V-2 but I use tail blades and padles from a Falcon.
And yes,the parts are much cheaper.
Vegas/
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
DriveWRX

Falcon and Falcon 40 same birds?
I never heard of a Falcon with a tail motor.
Well dollar for dollar you get more with the HBK V-2 but I use tail blades and padles from a Falcon.
And yes,the parts are much cheaper.
Vegas/

Nope.
Falcon 40 is FP. Same heli as the Walkera DF4. Same as EF Saber. Same as Venom Nightranger. And same as a couple more I can't remember the names of...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.