Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New Version of Honey Bee King

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Version of Honey Bee King

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 PM
wmcdaniell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Version of Honey Bee King

Any of you remember the post on the free shipping coupon.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
sparx-

Well, my run in with the Tree did more damage then I thought. I tweaked the trims out lastnight before I went to bed. Had it hovering really good again. Little tweaking in the tail servo was still needed. So I went to bed. All day at work all I could think about was coming home to fly the heli. So I get home, plug in a battery and out I go. Throttle up and she is spinning like a top. So I start messing with the tail adjustments. I just couldnt get it stable again. Then I hear it. The dreaded "bad bearing grind". So i start inspecting all the bearings. They all seemed good. So I spooled it up again. There is is again grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd on spool down. Forgot about checking the Brushless motors bearings. Sure enough that was the bad bearing. I spooled the motor up off the heli and I could see the bearing binding up the motor at about half throttle. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, put in my order with Jags. I'll get some bearing and repair the other one too. I plan on putting another HBK together anyway. Good thing is, I only live 2.5 hours from Jags Shop. He sends Monday and I get Tues. So as long as he sends the BL and ESC out tomorrow morning, I should have it Saturday. Please Jags, hear my plea .

I still go my Blade CPP, but it's down with a bad tail motor and main motor. Might have to visit the Local Shop tomorrow. Really didnt plan on messing with it again till I ordered the Free-Style Belt mod for it. I like the HBK better anyway So hopefully Jags will come through for me .

crashcrash, I like that canopy. Any idea where I can get one. I have been thinking I want a "Hughs" style canopy for my HBK for the last few weeks now. It makes it look like a heli instead of a Toy.

SPaRX
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL
Sorry but crash said he will trade that canopy for my brush motor
We all know how much he likes the brush motors so I may give him 2 of them for the canopy cuz i'm such a nice guy
ORIGINAL: sparx-

crashcrash, I like that canopy. Any idea where I can get one. I have been thinking I want a "Hughs" style canopy for my HBK for the last few weeks now. It makes it look like a heli instead of a Toy.

SPaRX
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
crashcrash

It's for the Syma dragonfly...any color you want (white/orange/green/blue/yellow/red).

The only place I can find it besides E-Bay is:

http://www.xheli.com/90syrcherepa.html

They cost like $9.00 shipped. They do add a touch of realism to the HBKII and it's dirt cheap. Where are you gonna find a scale canopy for $10.00? Yellow is real easy to see at dusk...I tried it. White would also be a good choice. Check around for the best prices/ colors you might want.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
sparx-

crash, can you take some closeups of that Canopy? Front and both Sides?

SPaRX
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
crashcrash

SPaRX

I'll post some tomorrow. Running out of steam tonight.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 PM
JayDizzl879

ORIGINAL: ArrowNaughtic

LOL........... ya Dave I can already see my attitude changing a bit. I did notice the CRSC lipo handles the HBK much better than the stock battery. I think that stock battery puffing and catching fire is just a matter of time on these. I have never had a lipo get that warm before. I took it out of the heli and stuck it in the fireplace for almost an hour..........no puffing but man o man, it was HOT! That was after a mere 5 min hover. Scarey and dangerous if you don't have any experience with lipos.................. Dialing these in is a challange, but doable. I still am not happy with the tail on mine. does anyone have any vids of thiers hovoring so I might get a reference to judge mine by?

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr93CDE4_uY[/link]
Just some fooling around inside on a rainy night. The servos and gyro are stock
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 AM
ArrowNaughtic

ORIGINAL: JAG Hobbies

If you're not happy with the set-up on the helicopter, you can send it back and we'll go through it checking everything out and get it back to you in excellent flying condition. We have also changed our approach on these helicopters and all helicopters will be pre-inspected before they are sent out.

Jim
Funny, I posted a reply to this one hours ago but I don't see it anywhere.
Jim........... I want you to know that what I experienced with my HBK2 should in no way ever reflect on you and your business. My intentions were NEVER meant to reflect on you in any way. All of our dealings have been of the highest standard and the many emails of mine that you replied to were always within a short time. I would tell anyone who asks me to talk to you for a HBK2 or any other product you sell. Your business ethics shine thru and the offer to fix and set up a heli are way above and beyond any expectations.
If any of my postings reflected negatively on you, I am truely very sorry. I wasn't venting at one of the few great vendors we have at our disposal.......... ( I have been skewered by a couple of online vendors) You are so far above those others that your reputation is already known to many as one of the finest in the business.
To all forum members and those reading my rants, and occasional Raves............. pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I gave an honest opinion of what I felt to be the products shortcomings. I do believe in almost every post to this thread I have continued to express my pleasure in doing business with Jim at Jag Hobbies. This guy is one of the few right ones, and cares if you are not satisfied. his quoted post in this thread only proves how dedicated he is to making the customer feel appreciated and comfortable with thier purchases.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Nice vid jay......... that gives me a whole new reference......... my tail is all over the place. where ya got the stock gyro gain set at?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:22 AM
betapilot

crash - this is the pic of the fix I told you about. Did you look at yours?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25691.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	717223  
Old 07-06-2007, 03:26 AM
betapilot

the stock one is on the left and the 3.5mm is on the right. I have flown number two through two batteries and no movement at all. I'll post a pic of the align guides that I put on, they have really made a difference in belt wear and no more guide slipping if the belt loosens a little on you
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
sdmahr

Where did the longer spacer come from? Is that a new design release from ESKY or did you fabricate one?

Thanks

Scott
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Gang,
I know everyone here misses me
For some reason all the post came to a stop.
A server this big can't go on forever with no problems so when it gets fixed i'll be back because I know chash.crash wants to know more about how good the brush motors are
See all you sling wingers later
Vegas/
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM
simon1975

jay dizzle.... Is that a honey bee cool? I like the custom canopy, how can i find one?? The skids are different to mine also, i have the yellow hbk2.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:03 AM
JayDizzl879

My gyro gain is at about 60% or so. As far as the canopy, all I did was take the decals off of the stock King canopy. I slapped some Super-Skids on it for a wider stance too. It flies like it's on a rail
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 AM
betapilot

SD - I fabricated it. I have taken the two kings I have currently and measured both birds collars. Both measured 3mm and in order for both of the birds main pulley to lineup properly, it required a 3.5mm collar to support the pulley from below. the collar rides on the lower bearing just like the stock one and you do not have to completely disassemble the heli to fix. I tried the other fixes of shimming the belt guides and drilling a new keyway higher on the shaft but the pulley would still lower after the pin would waller out the pulley. the pulley must be supported from below so I just took up the gap by making a taller collar (poet). I will post pics of the actual repair when I return from screwin around at the lake.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
sdmahr

beta,

Thanks for the reply. Nice fix ! My two heli's don't have that issue....the shafts I have must be drilled "more correctly" than those with the alignment issues. This is ideally the best fix although I wouldn't throw the original spacer away as replacement shafts down the road may be closer to "ideal" and then that rascal may ride too high ! !

Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
betapilot

SD - if you saw my garage, it would be painfully evident that I never throw anything away, lol. Both of the current birds that I fly did not start out with that problem, they progressively inherited it. I am cutting a whole bunch of these collar fixes and anyone that wants one just needs to pm me their address. I am not going to charge anything for the collar and I should be able to just stick it in a envelope ad send it out with instruction on the easiest way to make the repair.

Rusty
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM
sdmahr

EVERYTIME I have ever thrown anything away I find myself needing it within two weeks. I'm not kidding, my Wife doesn't believe it, and I have all the stuff to show for it. When I replaced my feathering shaft last night, I kept the bent one thinking "I can straighten it when I run out of good ones".......

Oh well...
Old 07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
crashcrash

SPaRX

Here's som pics from a few angles...I hope it helps.

Name:	Bz78381.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	717447  
Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
sdmahr

Nice Crash ! ! That looks nice !
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

EVERYTIME I have ever thrown anything away I find myself needing it within two weeks. I'm not kidding, my Wife doesn't believe it, and I have all the stuff to show for it. When I replaced my feathering shaft last night, I kept the bent one thinking "I can straighten it when I run out of good ones".......

Oh well...

It can be done...I've straightened 2 of them. If they get "kinked" or gouged deep....they're done. I ordered a stainless for my CP-Pro, it bent just as nice as a stock one...pointless getting stainless spindles. Main shaft...yeah, I'd go with that. Since the mainshaft can be removed from the gearhub completely, straightening can possibly be accomplished (I didn't say easily though).
Old 07-06-2007, 03:21 PM
crashcrash

This is where I got the idea of the canopy:

Name:	Db86474.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	717472  
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: sdmahr

Nice Crash ! ! That looks nice !

Yeah...I thought so too. Then I really went over the edge...I installed the flashing nav lights. Can't wait for dusk (LOL). The looked good on my CP-Pro but actually look better on this HBKII Hughes. Red on the left, green on the right, and a white on the tail...those suckers are bright. Took me all of 5 minutes to plugh them into the RX and hang the wires. I might do a lit-up pic later tonight (LOL). It's all Rusty's fault...he reminded me I had them.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Abridge04

Video-- I didnt go in the circle because it has interference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtD8TsNLiUo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.