Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Version of Honey Bee King

Old 10-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Tommyjoking

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Version of Honey Bee King

the reason to take the zip tie off the gyro is for better performance.....a thick double sided foam tape is the trick.....solidly mounting with a zip tie transfers a lot of vibration directly to the gyro which will reduce its performance and capability......and no I have no idea why they come that way other then its cheaper to put together that way.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 AM
turbojimmy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi all,

I came across this thread on a search of "honey bee mk3 spektrum". I assume that somewhere in this 100 pages that there is a reference but I haven't been able to find it.

I ordered a MK3 today to get accustomed to a 4-channel helicopter. I'd like to keep it stock for now except I'd like to use my DX6i radio. I have an extra 6100 receiver and would like to install it in the MK3 - is that possible?

Maybe once I learn to fly it without any electronic aids I'll add a gyro to it. I assume that this is possible?

I can't wait to try it!

TIA,
Jim
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 AM
osterizer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jim- it depends which you ordered. This thread is about the King, which is a six channel CP. The HB FP v3 is a 4 channel FP. The Spektrum gear is easily installed in the King, but it would be more work in the FP.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
turbojimmy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: osterizer

Jim- it depends which you ordered. This thread is about the King, which is a six channel CP. The HB FP v3 is a 4 channel FP. The Spektrum gear is easily installed in the King, but it would be more work in the FP.
Ooops - sorry. I didn't realize this was the King thread It's an FP. I read somewhere that I need to take the all-in-one receiver/speed control apart? I'll look for an FP thread.

Thanks!

Jim