Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

New Version of Honey Bee King

Old 11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Rattlecat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Version of Honey Bee King

I just read that there is a new version of the Honey Bee King called the Honey Bee King II. It is a belt drive tail with alloy landing struts. I hope it's all up weight will be under 400g. There will probably be a bunch of belt drive micros out soon, ending our tail motor troubles. But it won't be a "fairy tail" ! There are problems with belt drives also, just no where near as with a tail motor. I better get the new King when it's at the retailers. Otherwise I may go back into selection limbo again.

SB
Old 11-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Kevinator9

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Version of Honey Bee King

Little tail belt drive micro helis. Cool!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Cat_2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have also heard of it under a different name of Honey Bee Belt CP. Same thing i presume, and in the UK at least it looks as if they come as standard with brushless, which the original King and Cool didnt.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
rkelley1973

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no the belt is completly different and bigger.the king2 does not come with brushless either..
Old 05-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get the VER # 2.
It's a super machine.
Jag hobbies has them for $149.99
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46346.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	694665  
Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM
DriveWRX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I highly recommend the Honey Bee King V2.
Up grade it to brushless, better battery and if you can, a good radio. This thing ROCKS! Super stable but still agile.

I was able to get a RTF kit AND brushless 3100Kv motor AND 25A ESC for less than $200 shipped. Great value. Can't beat it.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I put a bigger and better battery in it but so far I have no issues with the motor or ESC unit.
I'm really not into 3 D flying and enjoy just flying the heli.

I have a bit of head wobble at very low head speed but it's gone when I remove the blades but the fiber/carbon blades track very sharp.
Vegas/
Old 05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
abacro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the Belt CP and have upgraded it to the aluminum head assembly,carbon main blades and a better heading lock gyro. It flies awsome! holds a hover with hands off the stick,the stock 3800kv brushless motor on a 3s 1800mah 12C li0po is giving exellent performance and a 14min fly time. There is just a bit of looseness in the linkages but it dosent seem to effect it's flying capabilities! I'm running the stock plastic main frame,but thinking of upgrading to the carbon frames. All the metal upgrades for the King fit the CP accept for the main frames. I'm turning 315mm carbon main blades,and the stock tail blades and paddles. With the upgrades i've added so far and actual price of heli,radio,gyro,and the li-po batteries i have just over 325.00 dollars in this heli. Well worth every penny! I fly it out doors in 10 to 15 mph winds with little or no trouble! And yes i still consider my self a heli beginner as i've only had 3 of them in the past 6 years and dont have much flying tiome with them. I can hover and fly circles but no 3d aerobatics yet! I can do loops and rolls,and inverted for about 10 seconds( not comfortable doing it yet) and this heli handles it with no effort. As to doing 3d with it,a friend who flies heli's and nothing but heli's,has flown my CP doing the 3d manuevers! He said it is a realy impressive heli for the price and size!

Hope this info helps you out with your desision!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess it boils down to who likes what.
As for me I don't intend to ever do 3-D flying and very happy just buzzing around the Honey Bee King helis and the Falcon
I think the real issue is all the crashes I hear about your type of heli but then the people who crash them never say how much flight time or how long they practiced before trying some fancy flying.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
neweheliflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

[link=http://www.china-magic3.com/category.php?cat=46]Esky King II Pictures[/link]
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just posted a picture of mine with firber/carbon blades,tail blades and different paddles
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42108.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	695294  
Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 PM
JayDizzl879

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, I'm expecting my King2 any day now...I can't wait!! I'm upgrading to brushless immediately, and Helidirect has an upgrade head lock gyro for $38.00. The RTF kit with the upgrades I'm planning, including a DX6 in a couple weeks, I'll be about $450 in. I've spent alot of time here:[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656118[/link]

It would be cool to have an active King2 thread here at RCUniverse, so I will post my progress here and hope others will do the same.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm considering dumping Eflite CP-Pro...how are these KING 2's as stock RTF?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

I'm considering dumping Eflite CP-Pro...how are these KING 2's as stock RTF?

I really want to know....
Old 06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Scroll back up just a bit and you'll see mine in a hoover just a couple inches off the floor.
Not reall stock because I have F/C blades,paddles and tail F/C blades on but no HH gyro,or BL motor.
Vegas/
Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'd like to know about dependability, how it handles, how are the stock electronics....fill me in on how much you like or dislike it. I've had the Eflite CP-Pro and I've had NOTHING but problems. Thanks! Gimme all the details!!!!

ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Scroll back up just a bit and you'll see mine in a hoover just a couple inches off the floor.
Not reall stock because I have F/C blades,paddles and tail F/C blades on but no HH gyro,or BL motor.
Vegas/
Old 06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Lilpilot13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Crash Crash

I have the blade cp pro, too. I've had nothing but problems as well, so, im goign to sell it on ebay and buy on of these! You should do the same, im fed up with my blade, although i can fly it quite nicely.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just spent over $100 to get mine going again. This is it...I'm gonna fly it into the flames of HE!! when the parts get here. I'm not putting up with crappy electronics, substandard servos, and replacing motors after 3 hours of run time. My CP-Pro is history. I've had two actual flights...the rest has been troubleshooting hover. Every concievable problem...glitching, servo failure, 3-1 failure, YOU NAME IT...I've had it happen. I can't fight pi$$ poor engineering and bad quality with my wallet...I always loose the fight. Eflite is FIRED!!! Man, I feel better already! Just knowing I'm not gonna be dealing with this garbage anymore.[>:]

ORIGINAL: Lilpilot13

Crash Crash

I have the blade cp pro, too. I've had nothing but problems as well, so, im goign to sell it on ebay and buy on of these! You should do the same, im fed up with my blade, although i can fly it quite nicely.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dear crash crash, After reviewing your past history with the cp pro we have decided that you need at least 4 Honey Bee Kings to pull you out of your severe depression.
We also feel that we don't have to tell you anything about how reliable it is because we know it is.
Now send me $25.00 or a case of wine coolers.
Vegas The Honey Bee Answer Man
Old 06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You'll have to check with Eflite...they got all my money for the last 6 months. You've got me convinced...HBKII is what I'm going to next. I know I can fly these things...I've done it until I had problems...which was 99.999% of the time. Personally, I think ONE good quality engineered 300 sized heli will pull me out of my depression. Thanks you guys....I'll be back when I get mine. I should have scrapped Eflite 4 months ago...sheesh.[:'(]

Dear crash crash, After reviewing your past history with the cp pro we have decided that you need at least 4 Honey Bee Kings to pull you out of your severe depression.
We also feel that we don't have to tell you anything about how reliable it is because we know it is.
Now send me $25.00 or a case of wine coolers.
Vegas The Honey Bee Answer Man
Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What can I say?
Some times you eat the bear and some times the bear eats you.
Well KA-planes has them in stock.
Jag hobbies won't have them until June 13th or later.
But Jag hobbies is selling any part you'll ever need and has the best prices I ever seen.
He even beats Helidirect who I thought was the cheapest.
I ordered 1 from JAG on Monday and it was here on WED, morning.
He doesn't waste any time.
As a newbie what I did was check the tracking and it was off just a bit.'
I gave 1 rod 2 turns and it was tracking razor sharp.
I was flying it indoors in about 1 hour.
But even stock it does 3-D and goes like He!!
Let me know when you get it.
Vegas/
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK...I'm sold. When the Pro was hovering stable, I could hold it in one spot as long as the battery held up. I can easily fly right/left sides in, and I flew about a half of a pattern till the wind grabbed it and stuck it in a tree. I've flown it away from me and back over my head...I know I can fly. The CP Pro wanders a LOT and the slightest stick movement it wants to do stupid stuff. Very unpredictable...and it's NOT just me. When the setup is right and everything is working...it's fine, but that RARELY EVER happens. Thank you guys so much...I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from me. BTW...I had a Walkera...they're JUNK too.

What can I say?
Some times you eat the bear and some times the bear eats you.
Well KA-planes has them in stock.
Jag hobbies won't have them until June 13th or later.
But Jag hobbies is selling any part you'll ever need and has the best prices I ever seen.
He even beats Helidirect who I thought was the cheapest.
I ordered 1 from JAG on Monday and it was here on WED, morning.
He doesn't waste any time.
As a newbie what I did was check the tracking and it was off just a bit.'
I gave 1 rod 2 turns and it was tracking razor sharp.
I was flying it indoors in about 1 hour.
But even stock it does 3-D and goes like He!!
Let me know when you get it.
Vegas/
Old 06-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Whirley Bird

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know who your going to buy from but if your really getting one then look at the parts prices at www.jaghobbies.com.
The parts prices are cheaper then dirt.
BTW,
I use the paddels from the Falcon because that longer steel sleve that goes on the fly bar adds some weight and really maks for a nice smooth running maching.
Ka-planes has Falcon parts really cheap.
Vegas/
Old 06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
betapilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

just a thought, I have ordered my last three king2's in arf form and have added my own eletronics and bl motors. I have two falcons and they are truly awesome machines, but I will match my kings against them anyday. when I recieved my first king I noticed the fingertip scorching heat from the motor and quickly realized that it will kill an esc and probably does not do that belt any favors either. I added an rcsmart 4200bl and rcsmart programmable 30a ecs to one king and did the esky 3900bl and emax prog esc on another and it is unreal the difference. I am finishing an all metal king2 with the esky 3100bl and the castle creations 30a esc now and will see how it performs compared to my others, but I have been able to assemble these birds for about the same price as the rtf's stock. I actually run these off of the stock radio since the esky radio is a pretty good one. I have had good luck with the servos and run stock gyros for the most part and esky seems to have done a pretty good job in those areas. I am currently experimenting with various servos to find the right ones and am leaning towards the jr stuff.

In reference to earlier comments I read about eflite vs. esky, I can tell you first hand that esky is not only less expensive, but a stock cp2 hb will fly right with the cp pro and if you don't get the pro and go with a straight cp, then you got beat. Don't get me wrong, eflites are good helis, but you will spend alot of upgrade funds on it to make it fly with the bees. I have a modified cp and have flown the pro and at 250 bucks you are making a big mistake. I only paid 250 for my last falcon rtf and have not paid over 170 for an rtf king2 and the eflite does not compete with either of those birds.

Well thanks in advance for letting me throw my two cents in, all of it is just my opinion and your probably dumber now for having read it.

thanks a million, rusty
Old 06-06-2007, 12:07 PM
crashcrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I so much appreciate your input. I'm going to the HBKII for sure. I can't deal with the substandard trash any longer.

ORIGINAL: betapilot

just a thought, I have ordered my last three king2's in arf form and have added my own eletronics and bl motors. I have two falcons and they are truly awesome machines, but I will match my kings against them anyday. when I recieved my first king I noticed the fingertip scorching heat from the motor and quickly realized that it will kill an esc and probably does not do that belt any favors either. I added an rcsmart 4200bl and rcsmart programmable 30a ecs to one king and did the esky 3900bl and emax prog esc on another and it is unreal the difference. I am finishing an all metal king2 with the esky 3100bl and the castle creations 30a esc now and will see how it performs compared to my others, but I have been able to assemble these birds for about the same price as the rtf's stock. I actually run these off of the stock radio since the esky radio is a pretty good one. I have had good luck with the servos and run stock gyros for the most part and esky seems to have done a pretty good job in those areas. I am currently experimenting with various servos to find the right ones and am leaning towards the jr stuff.

In reference to earlier comments I read about eflite vs. esky, I can tell you first hand that esky is not only less expensive, but a stock cp2 hb will fly right with the cp pro and if you don't get the pro and go with a straight cp, then you got beat. Don't get me wrong, eflites are good helis, but you will spend alot of upgrade funds on it to make it fly with the bees. I have a modified cp and have flown the pro and at 250 bucks you are making a big mistake. I only paid 250 for my last falcon rtf and have not paid over 170 for an rtf king2 and the eflite does not compete with either of those birds.

Well thanks in advance for letting me throw my two cents in, all of it is just my opinion and your probably dumber now for having read it.

thanks a million, rusty

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service