Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

E_sky Honey Bee King II

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

E_sky Honey Bee King II

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
helinewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E_sky Honey Bee King II

found this new heli posted on RC711 today:

http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id=220

What's the difference with King 1?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:45 PM
cdheli13

Default RE: E_sky Honey Bee King II

It has a better landing gear, the V1 had the same landing gear as many fixed pitch helis,

It also has a belt driven tail rotor, the old one was shaft driven,

that is all I know about
Old 06-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It also has a shelf for the battery to rest on.
The Ver # 1 the battery had to be held UP against the frame.
Plenty of room also for a much bigger battery.
RX is also smaller.
Also has tail boom support rods and aluminum skids.
I have 2 but this one is getting all the aluminum upgrades put on.
All I need are the wash out arms.
I have the rest.

Vegas/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87714.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	696867  
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Whirley Bird

The site gives you all the info you need to know about it.
Also the $146.00 is a good price but I don't think I want to give my card info via the web to Hong-Cong.
www.jaghobbies in in OHIO and will have another batch in next week for $149.99 and he responds to E mail.
I think KA-planes will be selling them for $160.00 + shipping.
Vegas/
Old 06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
metabolicmaggot

My LHS says not to get it because if its not in the top 3 (trex, helimax, blade) its not worth getting because its no good. and i was going to get a axe cp but Everyone here says the hb king2 is good. What to believe? I know parts availability is bad now, but so was helimax a few months ago. My big question is does it fly good or will it sit on the shelf like my other smartech heli? is it as good or better than the axe, anyone have both?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Whirley Bird

Your LHS persom may no thave any to sell so do you think he'll tell you anything good about it?
Many cheap helis out there are doing a real good job.
A few days ago I posted a picture of mine hoovering off the floor just a couple inches but it showed how stable it is.
I also watched 2 do a lot of 3-D being done by to other fliers.
Mine flies so well I now have 2 of them.
I also read about all the Blade crashes.
BTW,
There is no problem for parts.
Jag hobbies.Helie Direct and even Hobby-Lobby still carries the parts
Vegas/
Vegas./
Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM
DriveWRX

ORIGINAL: metabolicmaggot

My LHS says not to get it because if its not in the top 3 (trex, helimax, blade) its not worth getting because its no good. and i was going to get a axe cp but Everyone here says the hb king2 is good. What to believe? I know parts availability is bad now, but so was helimax a few months ago. My big question is does it fly good or will it sit on the shelf like my other smartech heli? is it as good or better than the axe, anyone have both?
I have both the Axe and the King V2. No doubt, the King V2 flies sooo much better.
Both helis out of the box are OK. But, when upgraded with similar setups (BL motor, better servos, good radio, HH gyro and a good battery)
the King V2 just simply out performs the Axe. The King V2 feels much more nimble, more responsive while still more stable.

One big difference is the tail. The tail motor on the Axe has trouble keeping up with a BL main motor. You'll eventually end up with a pile of burnt out tail motors. And at $24/motor that's going to add up.
The King V2 has a belt driven tail. The power is taken from the main motor so, the tail is always in sync with the main rotor.

I like the King V2 so much better that not only did the Axe "sit on the shelf" but now it's for sale. I have LOTS of extras included.
Interested? Go to [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=292680]my ad[/link].
Old 06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Whirley Bird

Your LHS like mine around here think they have the best of any heli just because they sell it.
My friend has his Honey Bee King VER # 2 now for 7 weeks and stock out of the box and no mods except for a 1350 15-C battery is doing loops,straight down dives and hoovering stationary upside down
Not bad for an out of the box and no HH gyro and this guy is 67 years old and controling the tail with the stick as needed.
And he's only 9 weeks into the hobby.
Vegas/
ORIGINAL: DriveWRX

ORIGINAL: metabolicmaggot

I have both the Axe and the King V2. No doubt, the King V2 flies sooo much better.
Both helis out of the box are OK. But, when upgraded with similar setups (BL motor, better servos, good radio, HH gyro and a good battery)
the King V2 just simply out performs the Axe. The King V2 feels much more nimble, more responsive while still more stable.

One big difference is the tail. The tail motor on the Axe has trouble keeping up with a BL main motor. You'll eventually end up with a pile of burnt out tail motors. And at $24/motor that's going to add up.
The King V2 has a belt driven tail. The power is taken from the main motor so, the tail is always in sync with the main rotor.

I like the King V2 so much better that not only did the Axe "sit on the shelf" but now it's for sale. I have LOTS of extras included.
Interested? Go to [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=292680]my ad[/link].
Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Lilpilot13

Hey guys, should i buy this heli? i have a blade cp pro, and if the 3-1 is burned out, im not going to spend another 50 bucks on it, im just goign to sell it and get this one. Is this a good idea, ebcause i also dont want to buy anymore tail motors! And BTW, im thinking about buying a trex 450 SE V2, but i dont have 500 dollars, and this is 160!!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Whirley Bird

Save your money and go for the Honey Bee VER # 2.
You don't get medals for flying a T/rex or any other expensive heli.
My friend is doing 3D and the VER # 2 he has is 100% stock and no HH gyro.
After I saw how that flew I orderd and already have my 2nd one and now getting a 3rd one because I have the carbon/fiber set and all the cnc metal for it.
Helidirect got their shipment in and was sold out in less then a week.Ditto for Jag hobbies and now I'm willing to bet KA-planes will be out of them next week.
Go for it.
Vegas/
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Quit buying them all up........ let some of us others get one too!
ORIGINAL: Whirley Bird

Save your money and go for the Honey Bee VER # 2.
You don't get medals for flying a T/rex or any other expensive heli.
My friend is doing 3D and the VER # 2 he has is 100% stock and no HH gyro.
After I saw how that flew I orderd and already have my 2nd one and now getting a 3rd one because I have the carbon/fiber set and all the cnc metal for it.
Helidirect got their shipment in and was sold out in less then a week.Ditto for Jag hobbies and now I'm willing to bet KA-planes will be out of them next week.
Go for it.
Vegas/

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost.................................. I miss my mind the most!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Whirley Bird

[sm=biggrin.gif]Oh i'm just getting one more.
WOW,
My eyes are going or this print is small.
Maybe I need a bigger monitor.
Anyone want to trade a Humming bird Pro all metal cnc for a Honey Bee King VER 2?
No TX or battery but got a box of spare parts.
Vegas/
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
JayDizzl879

I got mine from Banana Hobbies for $165.00 plus shipping. It looks like they still have some in stock. It's so smooth and stable, and is well set up out of the box. I only had to tighten the belt. I think ESky should sell the heli with at least their 3100kv BL motor stock as the stock brushed motor gets nuclear hot after five minutes of hovering. I've got the 3900kv on order with a Dynam 30a ESC w/program card. I should have them by mid week. The stock TX has a much better feel than the Walkera TX that I'm used to, but I am looking at DSM radio systems. I'm leaning towards the DX6, but I haven't read much feed back on it. There seems to be more people using the DX7. Bottom line though; I'm very happy with my purchase.

Name:	Tq49018.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	698467  
Old 06-06-2007, 03:30 AM
neweheliflyer

Esky King 1 is tail gear driven and Esky King 2 is belt driven tail. [link=http://www.china-magic3.com/category.php?cat=46]Check the pictures here[/link]
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
betapilot

hey everybody, I can't believe I finally found the esky threads. I have been in the heli-max threads giving those guys a hard time. Just wanted to introduce myself and see what good information you guys have in here. My name is Rusty and I currently have two cp2's and two king 2's and a blade cp and a blade cx and a falcon 3d and a carbon belt on its way. I went with a brushless rc smart 4200 with 30a esc on my first King and the esky 3900 with emax programmable on my other. I will say that without a doubt, either of my kings will fly circles around my buddy's axe cp and they are waayyyy more stable than anything eflite puts out, in fact for almost half the price, both of my cp2's will outfly the eflite products. having said that, I have not flown a cp pro yet but my cp is modified to the point I don't think the pro will fly any better. I am a true esky fan and am currently working on trying to get them a name here in oklahoma, I am hoping to become a distributor soon. I will also be trying to get art-tech on board with the Falcon 3d, want to fly something amazing, it is in its own class. I actually sold my 450es Trex and kept my Falcon cause it flew better. I have totally destroyed just about every heli I have and my wife thinks I do it so I can rebuild them, but she doesn't undstand the male need to push the envelope. I have started buying the afr kits and adding my own electronics packages for better performance, that stock motor will take your fingerprints off it gets so hot, but would love to help anyone that might need some advice. I also have a commercial rating in the Robinson R-22 beta and R-44 Raven and am currently working on my Bell certification, I am addicted to helis like hillbillys are to meth but at 9000 dollars for the cert from Bell, it comes slowly. Well thanks for letting me introduce myself and if I can be of any assistance to anyone, just let me know.

thanks a million, Rusty

Name:	Sq46662.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	698715  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 PM
shadowflyer101

Dose enyone know if the honey bee king 2 can do [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyZbz42xg0w&mode=user&search=]this[/link] stock? or do you have to upgrade alot
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
crabclaw12

it does that stock and i got mine from rchelicoptershop.com for 129 though something was wrong but no everything is perfect
Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM
eraticc

I need some Feedback from you guys to assist with correcting a problem I'm having with my HBKII. The tail rotor as you know is belt driven. On spooling up, my tail rotor is providing so much thrust that i'm being spun clockwise even with full opposite adjustment on the esky gyro. I can only counteract this colockwise rotation with 3/4 to full left rudder input on the TX.

Any input on what the problem is or how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
sdmahr

Set your trims to nuetral. Loosen the servo mounts on the tail boom enough to slide the servo forward or back. Move the servo forward or back until all the craziness stops or gets MUCH better. (Don't fly....just do it on the ground). You can do final trim on your transmitter once it is stable on the ground.

Let us know if you get it under control and we'll take it from there.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Whirley Bird

Looks like he has an out runner motor and a good sized battery but my friens who flies helis good does the same 3D stuff with my old ver HBK.
The ver HBK 2 will do better
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
rc-jj

Hey Rusty

just the man i need to chit-chat with .... you said you have a Falcon 3D and a HB-King II ... i know you said you have a slight bias to Esky ...but i am in a quandry here for a couple weeks - i have a Axe CP and wanted to get another heli -i am SO torn between the Falcon 3D and HBK-II .... on one hand i am not into 3D flying yet and wont be for quite some time - and also i have just gotten to where i feel comfortable with hovering ... dont want to spend the extra 100 for the F3D if the HBK-II is pretty much all that. But on the other hand i dont want to try to save 100 bucks and dont get a good heli and end up getting a F3D later and then wasting the 100.

remember i am not the best pilot in world and want a heli that can keep my focus for another year or so til i (maybe) get a T-Rex .... help - i am going crazy with this decision [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

help!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Richman856

is this esky Honey Bee King II good for a beginer??
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Richman856

opps
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Richman856

is the Esky Honey Bee King II good for a beginer ?? new at this posting thin sorry for many of the same ?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Visaggio

I would say yes, but others might disagree. It's not this particular helicopter i think they'd disagree with, but this type. i.e. collective pitch.

I've read others that suggest starting with a co-axial and moving up to the collective pitch, but i started with the cp and i'm diong fine. Just take it slow, don't over estimate your skills or under estimate the helicopters difficulty.

Look up RADDs school of rotary flight. That served me well.

For the price, i think you'd be hard pressed to find a better helicopter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.