Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help on Honeybee FP MK3 and electronics

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Help on Honeybee FP MK3 and electronics

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 AM
spyder0069

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Honeybee FP MK3 and electronics

Finnally got my first heli. This honeybee has been great although I noticed something that has made my learning curve a little more difficult. While hovering and moving slowly every now and then the tail will do a quick spinup and throw me off course. This is without any major movement of the heli. I have messed with the gain and turned it way down and up but still does this. Last night while hovering I saw the receiver unit blink red a few times and then go back to green. Also when I drop throttle the tail trim changes and vice versa when I power up. If I drop throttle more rapidly the heli will spin almost a full turn.

I had bought a second new honeybee to use as a parts copter that just arrived and I tried it out last night and it didn't exhibit this for its first flight. I have to fly it a few more times to confirm. If that is the case I will have to monkey with the original setup some more but was wondering if a bad tail motor would cause something like this. I had to change the rx unit to a deans connector to fit my other lipo's so if it is the rx thats the problem I am probably out of luck for warranty and a replacement almost costs the same as the heli. The glitch has been a good teacher helping me keep on my toes for wind bursts. :^)

Other than that this has been a great heli. Two days in and I can land on a card table with light winds outside and have been able to fly a 100 foot circle at the park. I will say if I hadn't spent any time on the realflight sim I'd still be waiting on parts.