Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

Dont feel bad I once tried to track blades for a hour with them on backwards. Even flew it like that.

Your quote must be from a VietNam Huey pilot who used to fly OV10's and got involantarily transferred....LOL.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: kmkdudeflyer
...some flight tips for the HBK2, & some setup tips if its not to much to ask....
The HBK2 should be a bit easier to fly than your CP2. The stock HBK2 motor will burn out in 1 to 5 flights, so you might as well order a brushless motor and ESC for it now.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
court461

Those of you using a dx7, are you using the 6100e with the plugs on the end or the normal one with plugs on top? Seems like the end would make more sense, but wanted to make sure. I accidently bought a Dx7 yesterday so I figured I might as well get the receiver today.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:24 AM
stump3r

ORIGINAL: court461

Those of you using a dx7, are you using the 6100e with the plugs on the end or the normal one with plugs on top? Seems like the end would make more sense, but wanted to make sure. I accidently bought a Dx7 yesterday so I figured I might as well get the receiver today.
Court, I have the 6100E and it works well. I have since rerouted all my wiring and cleaned it up. I can post some pics tonight when I'm home from work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69302.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	896985  
Old 03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
crashcrash

There are WORSE accidents to have (LOL). I wouldn't mind accidently buying a DX7 if the price was right......
Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 PM
court461

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

There are WORSE accidents to have (LOL). I wouldn't mind accidently buying a DX7 if the price was right......
Haha, I agree. I really didn't mean it. I search ebay everyday, yesterday I found an auction ending for a brand new mode 2 heli version. I have been seeing them go for $160 or so in the for sale forums used. So I figured I would bid $160 and lose. Bid then went home from work. Got up this morning and won. With shipping It is $180, but I don't mind paying an extra $20 for a new full warrany version. Plus the ones in the for sale forums are gone in about 5 minutes, so it seems like a pretty good price.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
crashcrash

Haha, I agree. I really didn't mean it. I search ebay everyday, yesterday I found an auction ending for a brand new mode 2 heli version. I have been seeing them go for $160 or so in the for sale forums used. So I figured I would bid $160 and lose. Bid then went home from work. Got up this morning and won. With shipping It is $180, but I don't mind paying an extra $20 for a new full warrany version. Plus the ones in the for sale forums are gone in about 5 minutes, so it seems like a pretty good price.

You did pretty good (not terrible at least). I dont see me moving up to a DX7 unless I move to nitro or 500 sized electrics....then I figure it's a must. Since I'm running a 400, the DX6 fills the bill nicely, and I have 4 AR6000's and none of which work on the DX7...just my luck. Retail, over $200 worth of RX's. The DX6 has it's drawbacks but the benefits far outweigh them and ANYTHING is better than a stock radio that comes with these heli's. I don't get it. Some people fly these stock radios over a year and never have a problem. I generally have glitching happen after the first week, the radio is trash within a month. I got about 4 or 5 stock radios in a box that I've gutted for resistors/LED's/ and POT's/switches...etc, saves me a trip to radioshack (LOL).
Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
court461

You did pretty good (not terrible at least). I dont see me moving up to a DX7 unless I move to nitro or 500 sized electrics....then I figure it's a must. Since I'm running a 400, the DX6 fills the bill nicely, and I have 4 AR6000's and none of which work on the DX7...just my luck. Retail, over $200 worth of RX's. The DX6 has it's drawbacks but the benefits far outweigh them and ANYTHING is better than a stock radio that comes with these heli's. I don't get it. Some people fly these stock radios over a year and never have a problem. I generally have glitching happen after the first week, the radio is trash within a month. I got about 4 or 5 stock radios in a box that I've gutted for resistors/LED's/ and POT's/switches...etc, saves me a trip to radioshack (LOL).
This will be my first computer Tx. Was going to get the DX6i but I figured for a little more, it will be there if I ever need it. I have actually had pretty good luck with my stock tx. I have had it 4 months and still works good. Probably just luck of the draw. I just feel like now that my flying is progressing, I would like the benefit of being able to customize curves and settings. Subtrim is also something I want. My wife will probably kill me though.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
canniscam
My Feedback: (1)

Good Afternoon,

I frayed the belt on my HBK, and now I have to replace it. It looks pretty bad and it was smoking when I shut the heli down.
This was with the stock motor so I don't think I 'overpowered' it. It looks like the belt sliped out of the belt guide on the pulley side, so I assume it got loosened some how.

Since I have to replace the belt, I figured I would go ahead and get the Extreme 42 tooth rotor pulley, and extended belt from USHobbySupply.com. I also picked up a hardened feathering shaft, and a pair of the Titanium Turnbuckles for the pitch arms.. I don't like to pop off the ball links, I already ruined the swash plate on a Walkera because my indelicate meathooks are hard to control sometimes.

Also going down to the LHS to pick up my HHG..

Casey
Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
crashcrash

This will be my first computer Tx. Was going to get the DX6i but I figured for a little more, it will be there if I ever need it. I have actually had pretty good luck with my stock tx. I have had it 4 months and still works good. Probably just luck of the draw. I just feel like now that my flying is progressing, I would like the benefit of being able to customize curves and settings. Subtrim is also something I want. My wife will probably kill me though.

I haven't heard anything good or acceptable from people who own the DX6i. I know a guy who got one with a T-Rex...he HATED it (LOL). DX6 is good for what it is, the DX7 is better and proven. Good move NOT getting a DX6i.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: canniscam

Good Afternoon,

I frayed the belt on my HBK, and now I have to replace it. It looks pretty bad and it was smoking when I shut the heli down.
This was with the stock motor so I don't think I 'overpowered' it. It looks like the belt sliped out of the belt guide on the pulley side, so I assume it got loosened some how.

Since I have to replace the belt, I figured I would go ahead and get the Extreme 42 tooth rotor pulley, and extended belt from USHobbySupply.com. I also picked up a hardened feathering shaft, and a pair of the Titanium Turnbuckles for the pitch arms.. I don't like to pop off the ball links, I already ruined the swash plate on a Walkera because my indelicate meathooks are hard to control sometimes.

Also going down to the LHS to pick up my HHG..

Casey
Casey...when you install the 43T.....check the alignment between the front belt pulley and see how the belt enters the boom. It should be a straight line (the belt) from the pulley to the boom. Odds are, your belt is on a downward angle from the tail boom to the front pulley causing the belt to drop off the guieds and burning up the belt. There are many fixes....about the first 30 pages of this thread cover the fix.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55904.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	897095  
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
canniscam
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the heads up crash, I will go back to the begining and read through the pully fixes.

Casey.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
lohchief

I haven't heard anything good or acceptable from people who own the DX6i. I know a guy who got one with a T-Rex...he HATED it (LOL). DX6 is good for what it is, the DX7 is better and proven. Good move NOT getting a DX6i.

Well,the king II radio/reciever took a ............ turned into a...................fresh steaming pile (complete with flies).It's got more twitchs in it then then a spaz on speed.I'm a gonna buy me a 'puter radio.Lookin' good for a 2.4ghz Futaba 7c Fasst,with servos.Ain't screwing around anymore.I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
-lohchief
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

I love my dx6i works great!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Fly To Chill

I love my dx6i works great!!!!!

OK.....there's one yea.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

Well,the king II radio/reciever took a ............ turned into a...................fresh steaming pile (complete with flies).It's got more twitchs in it then then a spaz on speed.I'm a gonna buy me a 'puter radio.Lookin' good for a 2.4ghz Futaba 7c Fasst,with servos.Ain't screwing around anymore.I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
-lohchief

Lochief....FUTABA...the greatest name in R/C electronics in my book. Over 20 years using them, never a failure or glitch...it's just the way it is.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
lohchief

Thanx for the input Vic.I tend to lean more towards the 7c,then the dx7.Extra rx's are a bit more spendy for the futaba's,but the fasst system just smokes the dx whatevers,IMHO.I'm also gonna get me a real hhg too.Just don't know which one for the king II.I will probably run the 2100 logitech on my 450.I'll figger out my shopping list in the next week or two,then do it.
-lohchief
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
crashcrash

Thanx for the input Vic.I tend to lean more towards the 7c,then the dx7.Extra rx's are a bit more spendy for the futaba's,but the fasst system just smokes the dx whatevers,IMHO.I'm also gonna get me a real hhg too.Just don't know which one for the king II.I will probably run the 2100 logitech on my 450.I'll figger out my shopping list in the next week or two,then do it.
-lohchief

REAL HHG's draw LOTS of power, like the ones for .30 gassers and up. They have real electro/mechanical internals unlike the solid state gyros. Do your homework before buying, and it might save your wallet. I'll read up on the 7C and see what they're all about. I had a choice between a 6EXH or the DX6...could'a went either way. I chose the DX6 for ONE reason...programming for the HBKII existed and was easily obtainable, but NOT for the 6EXH. Otherwise, I'd be flying a 6EXH right now. Keep us posted on this development
Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
lohchief

REAL HHG's draw LOTS of power, like the ones for .30 gassers and up. They have real electro/mechanical internals unlike the solid state gyros. Do your homework before buying, and it might save your wallet. I'll read up on the 7C and see what they're all about. I had a choice between a 6EXH or the DX6...could'a went either way. I chose the DX6 for ONE reason...programming for the HBKII existed and was easily obtainable, but NOT for the 6EXH. Otherwise, I'd be flying a 6EXH right now. Keep us posted on this development
I would imagine that setting up the 7c will be a royal pita.More so then the dx7 due to lack of info on the king,or anything else really.From what I have read,the 6exh and the 7c share very little.Nothing is carved in stone......yet.As for hhg's,I don't believe that I need the latest and greatest or the most expensive to do the job.3D ain't fer me,so I can safely say that the spendy "ring" style JR gyros are definately not coming home with me I also need a new battery charger/balancer.I have looked and read till I'm blue in th' face,and have decided on the FMA CellPro 4s,with a couple adapters.All in all,the next two or three weeks will see some positive changes here in my world of rc helos.Ya know what? Drugs would be cheaper,LMFAO
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
crashcrash

I would imagine that setting up the 7c will be a royal pita.More so then the dx7 due to lack of info on the king,or anything else really.From what I have read,the 6exh and the 7c share very little.Nothing is carved in stone......yet.As for hhg's,I don't believe that I need the latest and greatest or the most expensive to do the job.3D ain't fer me,so I can safely say that the spendy "ring" style JR gyros are definately not coming home with me I also need a new battery charger/balancer.I have looked and read till I'm blue in th' face,and have decided on the FMA CellPro 4s,with a couple adapters.All in all,the next two or three weeks will see some positive changes here in my world of rc helos.Ya know what? Drugs would be cheaper,LMFAO
Right up till you get caught (LMAO), and apparently it's IF they feel like catching you. Yeah, dumping a couple grand into this hobby is pretty much nothing....I know I'm there and aint got a lot to show for it other than I can fly and pirouette a model helicopter across my front yard (big deal eh?). I stayed out of heli's in the 80's because of price....$1800 for a complete bottom of the line gasser (radio/gyro/and all). Dunno...still thinking about just going back to planks (LOL), but when it's right....this crap is FUN.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:59 PM
KCinNC

ORIGINAL: kenhiraihnl

... the repaired bird has b400 main gear (a little noisier)

i'm glad somebody else noticed this !!!! my B400 gear is totally straight...but it sounds like [:'(]
Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
crashcrash

Futaba 6EX, 7C and TM-7 Service Advisory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated January 30, 2008
This service advisory affects only owners of the Futaba TM-7 module and 6EX and 7C FASST systems. Each FASST transmitter contains a unique eight digit identification code, programmed at the factory to identify the respective transmitter and to allow a receiver to be paired only to that radio's signal. Recently we have learned that a very small number of the TM-7 modules, and 6EX and 7C FASST systems were incorrectly coded with a common code number during the manufacturing process. These units were subsequently sold prior to our awareness of the situation.

If two or more units, utilizing this common identification code, were to be in use simultaneously, they may cause interference with one another. Please note: Units which utilize the correct identification code will not be affected by these units.

We're extremely confident that this is not a widespread problem. However, to catch any possible incorrectly coded units in the field and to give you peace of mind that your system is not affected, we have set up test stations at participating hobby shops throughout the country where you will be able to determine -- within a matter of minutes -- whether or not your transmitter is affected, at no charge to you. There are 100 such Test Stations in place now, and the number will be increased to 500 over the next two to three weeks. Please see below for a listing of these testing stations. Or, if you prefer, you may send it in to our service center and we will analyze it for you at no charge. If any problem is found, it will be replaced. We will gladly pay the postage for returning the unit and sending it back to you.

If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Futaba Service Center at: 217-398-0007 or via email at: [email protected]. Our staff is available to you Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

Precautionary Measures and Information-

It is important to note that the precautionary measures are relevant only to the Futaba FASST items with serial numbers as described below. To determine if your transmitter might be affected, look on the bottom of the transmitter case. If using the TM-7 module, the serial number is located on the inside portion of the module:

6EX: A7xxxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker
7C 07xxxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker
TM-7 07xxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker

The precautionary measures do not apply to systems that utilize a serial number as noted below:
6EX ALL A8xxxxxxx or systems with the A7xxxxxxx serial number which include the "I" (Inspected) sticker
7C ALL 08xxxxxxx or systems with the 07xxxxxxx which include the "I" (Inspected) sticker
TM-7 ALL 08xxxxxx or modules with the 07xxxxxx which include the "I" (Inspected) sticker

As with all radio control equipment, we strongly suggest that you pre-flight your aircraft thoroughly prior to flying. When flying at a location with other FASST owners, prior to flying we suggest that all pilots briefly activate their systems simultaneously to check for any interaction between units. If any interactions should occur, do NOT fly. Return the unit to the Futaba Service Center for immediate replacement.

Each time that your transmitter is turned on, it is imperative that you allow the FASST system an adequate amount of time to thoroughly boot-up completely before shutting down the transmitter. After the battery voltage appears on the LCD, we recommend allowing the system to remain on at least one (1) additional second prior to turning off the power to the transmitter.

If the transmitter and receiver have lost their binding which required them to be re-linked, we recommend returning them to the Futaba Service Center for analysis. This is not expected behavior and should be investigated accordingly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Futaba FASST Test Stations

Store Name Street Address City State / Province Country
HOBBYCRAFT INC. 800 E DIMOND BLVD #136 ANCHORAGE AK USA
MAC HOBBIES LLC 6509 HIGHWAY 69 SOUTH TUSCALOOSA AL USA
R/C HOBBIES 3303 MERIDIAN ST N HUNTSVILLE AL USA
MARK'S HOBBY SHOP 2516-G CANTRELL RD LITTLE ROCK AR USA
R.C. HOBBIES LLC 1409 EAST PARKER RD JONESBORO AR USA
FRANK'S HOBBY HOUSE 12008 NORTH 32ND STREET PHOENIX AZ USA
HOBBY BENCH 2040 W NORTH LN PHOENIX AZ USA
HOBBY BARN 7025 E 21ST ST TUCSON AZ USA
R/C COUNTRY HOBBIES 6011 FOLSOM BLVD SACRAMENTO CA USA
D & J HOBBY 96 N SAN TOMAS AQUINO RD CAMPBELL CA USA
PEGASUS HOBBIES 5515 MORENO BLVD MONTCLAIR CA USA
MODESTO HOBBY & CRAFTS 401 BANGS AVE. SUITE H MODESTO CA USA
HOBBY SHACK 18480 BANDILIER CIR FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA USA
ULTIMATE HOBBIES 1536 E. KATELLA AVE ORANGE CA USA
Racer's Haven 7401 WHITE LANE #12 BAKERSFIELD CA USA
THINGS WITH WINGS 6268 W. 10TH ST. #2 GREELEY CO USA
REMOTE CONTROL HOBBIES 10005 GRANT ST. UNIT D. THORNTON CO USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--FORT COLLINS, CO 4348 S. COLLEGE AVE FORT COLLINS CO USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--NEW MILFORD, CT 168 DANBURY RD NEW MILFORD CT USA
GRAVES R/C HOBBIES 4814 N ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL ORLANDO FL USA
HOBBY WORLD 7273 103RD ST JACKSONVILLE FL USA
R/C HOBBIES 6800 N UNIVERSITY DR TAMARAC FL USA
WARRICK CUSTOM HOBBIES OF PLANTATION INC 7676 B. PETERS RD PLANTATION FL USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--KENNESAW, GA 840 W. ERNEST BARRETT PKWY KENNESAW GA USA
HODGES HOBBIES 428 NEIL HODGES RD ANDERSONVILLE GA USA
ALOHA HOBBIES 1151 MAPUNAPUNA ST #A-5 HONOLULU HI USA
HOBBY HAVEN 2575 86TH ST URBANDALE IA USA
DAPCO HOBBIES 131 EVANS LANE CHUBBUCK ID USA
VENTURE HOBBIES 23 HUNTINGTON LANE WHEELING IL USA
AL'S HOBBY SHOP 121-123 ADDISON ST ELMHURST IL USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--ROCKFORD, IL 3782 N ALPINE RD ROCKFORD IL USA
LEISURE HOURS HOBBIES 2712 PLAINFIELD RD JOLIET IL USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--INDIANAPOLIS, IN 6336 E. 82ND STREET INDIANAPOLIS IN USA
HOBBY LAND--SOUTH BEND 1810 E. 12TH ST. ,UNIT C MISHAWAKA IN USA
PRESTON'S HANGAR 449 NORTH WEST ST WICHITA KS USA
SCALE REPRODUCTIONS INC. 3073 BRECKINRIDGE LANE LOUISVILLE KY USA
HOBBY TOWNE 8484 AIRLINE HWY BATON ROUGE LA USA
HOBBY HUT 5029 VETERAN'S MEMORIAL BLVD METAIRIE LA USA
BARN SPEED HOBBIES 109 CENTER STREET LEE MA USA
HOBBY CITY 15751 COLUMBIA PIKE BURTONSVILLE MD USA
KING'S MOUNTAIN R/C 934 CENTER DR. ORRINGTON ME USA
PROP SHOP HOBBIES, INC 23326 VAN DYKE WARREN MI USA
HOBBY WORLD 2851 CLYDE PK SW GRAND RAPIDS MI USA
RIDER'S HOBBY SHOP--YPSILANTI, MI 4035 CARPENTER RD. YPSILANTI MI USA
SKY'S THE LIMIT INC 7138 CHICAGO AVE S RICHFIELD MN USA
MID-MO HOBBY 2401 MISSOURI BLVD. JEFFERSON CITY MO USA
MARK TWAIN HOBBY CENTER 2793 WEST CLAY ST CHARLES MO USA
SCHAEFERS HOBBY SHOP INC 11659 GRAVOIS ROAD ST. LOUIS MO USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--FLOWOOD, MS 350 RIDGEWAY FLOWOOD MS USA
ABELL HOBBIES & MFG 1125 MONAD RD BILLINGS MT USA
ANTIQUE BARN TRAIN SHOP 2810 FOREST HILLS RD SW WILSON NC USA
K/C HOBBY INC. 10948-G N MAIN ST ARCHDALE NC USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--OMAHA, NE 10020 SCOTT CIRCLE OMAHA NE USA
R/C BUYERS WAREHOUSE 95 NORTHEASTERN BLVD NASHUA NH USA
WIDE WORLD OF HOBBIES 974 TEANECK RD. TEANECK NJ USA
HOBBIES 'N STUFF 2801-P EUBANK NE ALBURQUERQUE NM USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--LAS VEGAS, NV 5085 WEST SAHARA SUITE 134 LAS VEGAS NV USA
PERFORMANCE HOBBIES 15 W.MAIN ST. WEBSTER NY USA
DAN'S CRAFTS & THINGS 352 EMPIRE BLVD ROCHESTER NY USA
BRUCKNER HOBBIES III 421 NORTH CENTRAL AVE HARTSDALE NY USA
FIELD'S HOBBY CENTER 3523 UNION RD CHEEKTOWAGA NY USA
HOBBY STOP WEST 1210 WEST SYLVANIA AVE TOLEDO OH USA
AERO TECH HOBBIES 902 N MAIN ST NORTH CANTON OH USA
RC HOBBY CENTER 2047 HARSHMAN RD DAYTON OH USA
MIKE'S MODELS 1137 N MAY OKLAHOMA CITY OK USA
TAMMIE'S HOBBIES 12024 SW CANYON RD BEAVERTON OR USA
COYOTE HOBBY 1128 MAIN ST OREGON CITY OR USA
TRAINS & LANES 3825 N WOOD AVE EASTON PA USA
ACTION HOBBY 1236 E LINCOLN HWY LANGHORNE PA USA
HOBBY HUT 609 S. TROOPER RD. NORRISTOWN PA USA
BRAND'S THE HOBBY PLACE INC 2193 MINERAL SPRING AVENUE NORTH PROVIDENCE RI USA
THE HOBBY CONNECTION 4148 CALHOUN MEMORIAL WAY EASLEY SC USA
DANIELLE'S R/C HOBBIE 4230 WESTCAP ROAD WHITES CREEK TN USA
ABC RADIO CONTROL HOBBIES 5702 MCPHERSON SUITE 3 LAREDO TX USA
RADIO CONTROL HOBBIES INC 156-F FM 1960 E HOUSTON TX USA
ROY'S HOBBY SHOP 1309 N NORWOOD HURST TX USA
VICTORIA HOBBY SHOP 5211 JOHN STOCKBAUER VICTORIA TX USA
MIKE'S HOBBY HANGER 1201 N. I-35 EAST CARROLLTON TX USA
FREQUENCY RC 431 WEST 1425 NORTH LAYTON UT USA
HOBBY HANGAR SPEEDWAY 14014-D SULLYFIELD RD CHANTILLY VA USA
DEBBIE'S RC WORLD, INC 1828 S. MILITARY HWY CHESAPEAKE VA USA
HOBBYTOWN USA--TUKWILA, WA 17774 SOUTH CENTER PARKWAY TUKWILA WA USA
PERFORMANCE R/C HOBBIES 320 E FAIRHAVEN AVE #100 BURLINGTON WA USA
HOBBY TOWN INC 402 GARFIELD ST. TACOMA WA USA
GREENFIELD NEWS & HOBBY 6815 W. LAYTON AVE. GREENFIELD WI USA
POPE'S HOBBY LAND 640 S 3RD AVE WAUSAU WI USA
NITRO HOBBY AND CRAFTS LLC PUTNAM VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER TEAYS WV USA
ED'S HOBBY SHOP PNO ST. H-36 CAGUAS PR Puerto Rico
PM HOBBYCRAFT LTD. 2020-J 32ND AVE NE CALGARY AB Canada
HOBBY WHOLESALE 6136 103 STREET EDMONTON AB Canada
NORBURN MODEL AIRCRAFT SUPPLY 1841 EDWARDS DRIVE 7 BURNABY BC Canada
X-TREME HOBBIES & KARTS 1115 FIRST STREET CHILLIWACK BC Canada
ELIMINATOR-RC 11 MACDONALD AVE WINNIPEG MB Canada
CELLAR DWELLER HOBBY SUPPLY 1560 MAIN ST. WINNIPEG MB Canada
R/C WING & WHEELS HOBBY SUPPLIES 490 RT 325 BLOCKHOUSE NS Canada
SKYCRAFT HOBBIES 115 PLAINS RD. E UNIT 3 BURLINGTON ON Canada
HOBBY HOBBY 128 QUEEN ST. SOUTH STREETSVILLE ON Canada
GREAT HOBBIES INC 17 GLEN STEWART DRIVE STRAFFORD PE Canada
HOBBIEVILLE INC 876 DECARIE BLVD. SUITE 100 ST. LAURENT QU Canada
R/C HOBBY WORLD 1521 IDLEWYLD DRIVE NORTH SASKATOON SK Canada

Copyright © 2008 Hobbico, Inc. Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
All rights reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
osterizer

Updated January 30, 2008
This service advisory affects only owners of the Futaba TM-7 module and 6EX and 7C FASST systems. Each FASST transmitter contains a unique eight digit identification code, programmed at the factory to identify the respective transmitter and to allow a receiver to be paired only to that radio's signal. Recently we have learned that a very small number of the TM-7 modules, and 6EX and 7C FASST systems were incorrectly coded with a common code number during the manufacturing process. These units were subsequently sold prior to our awareness of the situation.
Saw that, crash, but truly, I've heard a lot of stories about the Spektrum receivers going tango uniform, and I think it was 3 people reported crossing up with the Futaba radios? The Futaba radios also require fewer steps to program the CCPM mix than the Spex, btw . I have used the 6EX, 9C and 12FG, if you were wondering, the 6 and 12 on 2.4, the 9 and 12 on FM and PCM.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
kenhiraihnl

i just finished a successful test flight in my driveway after another major crash yesterday (bent boom, ball broken off a scissors arm, stripped main gear, cracked battery frame, bcpp canopy destroyed)... the repaired bird has b400 main gear (a little noisier), oem servos that came with it, main shaft and trex spindle which survived the inverted crash (flybar was corkscrewed, but i hand-straightened it)...stock canopy...this is one tough heli...my friends have had less gruesome crashes with their 600-size heli, and wasted a $250 battery, etc., etc...ken
Is that an optical illusion or are the flybar paddles facing WRONG?
Thanks for catching that boo-boo! In hindsight, it must have been that way before the crash (with both set screws on top)...It ought to fly much better when i take it to the field tomorrow...Thanks again...Ken
again, thanks for pointing out my 'reversed' flybar paddle...the test flight turned out ok, as well as shooting the vid with focus set on 'infinity'...i'm slowly getting the hang for movie-making...ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNpghfYLucw
Old 03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
lohchief

[quote]ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Yeah,I read this a couple of days ago,but thanks for looking it up.When I buy the 7c,I don't see why whoever,or (wherever) I buy it from can do the test before sending it out,or at the least check the serial #'s.Nothing against the spektrum line,but the dx7 has some dogs barking.It's like anything else,some be good uns,some be not so good uns
-lohchief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.