Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
canniscam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

I'm not sure I see any specific benefit to doing it other than 'bling', and to say that I did it. I can imagine that it would make a sound very similar to that of a timing gear set. Which may or may not introduce some kind of high frequency harmonic vibration. I can't imagine how healthy that may be for the heli since I am complete noob.

Thought it might be an interesting conversation idea.

But I do see your point crashcrash, in the fact that there is no real point to doing it.

Regards,
Casey
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 PM
canniscam

I guess like a lot of hobbies, amatuer radio (KC0LVJ), rc models, and model rocketry some things are done just because they can be done.

Casey ...
Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
sheerider1026

ok guys, i just installed my esky hh gyro on my hbk2, it was fairly easy but the gain seems to not do anything at al no matter where i set it at.. anybody experience this?? on hh moe i can hover it in my living room with just using the right stick only, maybe every 30 seconds or more i have to tap the stick, it seems the tail may get an inch or two from where i started out at.. did i do something wrong or is all of this normal?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
crimsonrain22

If you plugged in the gain wire(the yellow one with one wire) then your gain is set buy the radio, And the stock radio has to low a gain setting to really be usefull. Leave the gain wire unplugged and you can set your gain with the pot on the gryo. remember over 50% is hh under is rate. Hope that helps.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
sheerider1026

so now i am confused!! do i plug the single wire in and use the switch to toggle betwen hh and rate?? how will the gyro act with the wire unplugged and the gain above 50%(HH)?? will it be better to do it that way??
Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: sheerider1026

so now i am confused!! do i plug the single wire in and use the switch to toggle betwen hh and rate?? how will the gyro act with the wire unplugged and the gain above 50%(HH)?? will it be better to do it that way??
Running with the wire unplugged is straight rate and gain must be adjusted on the gyro it's self and not remotely through the TX.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
sheerider1026

it seem when i trim it out in rate mode, it doesn't want to hold the tail very well in hh mode..hmm. do i trim it out in hh mode and adjust the servo on the boom in rate mode? i would like to use the seitch on the transmitter.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
sheerider1026

hey guys. what is crust?? it says that gain value can be adjusted through crust. that totally went over my head.. i am slowly learning all this stuff but ned help
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 AM
noobflyer01

hey guys...do you guys use medium locktite on the screws around the head area? after literally 10 hours of flight time last sunday...one of the screws loosened on my head and one of the links broke[:@]. after having perfectly trimmed and everything. it was flying so well that i bought up enough courage to IDLE UP in flight for the first time. well i really idled up because the wind would take it up and when i trottled down to bring it down it became to sluggish. but man what a RUSH. to hover in idle up mode is awesome. the wind almost became a non factor. just remember to flip it back before you land. anyways i like it so much i think i will be flying it alot more in this mode. don't be afraid to try it.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
crimsonrain22

Only use loctite on metal to metal connections it breaks down plastic and can cause problems. Personaly I just check the screws from time to time to make sure everything is good.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: canniscam

As a matter of curiosity, what would prevent someone from making a CNC milled metal main gear? ...
In any high speed application, the main gear (spur) must be softer than the pinion or it'll tear up the pinion. This is also true on r/c cars, slotcars, anything.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
lohchief

I'm not sure I see any specific benefit to doing it other than 'bling', and to say that I did it. I can imagine that it would make a sound very similar to that of a timing gear set. Which may or may not introduce some kind of high frequency harmonic vibration. I can't imagine how healthy that may be for the heli since I am complete noob.

Thought it might be an interesting conversation idea.

But I do see your point crashcrash, in the fact that there is no real point to doing it.

Regards,
Casey
Microheli already makes cnc plastic (delrin,nylon or whatever)main gears for the king,at over 30 bux a pop.I haven't wasted my loot on that at all.Too many other viable replacements.
-lohchief
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
canniscam

What material is the average pinion made of .. It looks to be brass is that correct?

Casey
Old 03-13-2008, 11:05 AM
kmkdudemann
Banned

I need to stop break main rotors ahhhh, whats this about furnisher polish or cleaner any more info would be great.. PS does anyone watch Rob & Big on mtv the newest one was sick him and black bought 12 RC E-flite CX2 models and like broke them all and flew them sky high and **** it wwas great laughs for heli pilots.

Writen Signature:
Legalize it - don't criticize it
Legalize it and i will advertise it
Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
canniscam

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

As a matter of curiosity, what would prevent someone from making a CNC milled metal main gear? ...
In any high speed application, the main gear (spur) must be softer than the pinion or it'll tear up the pinion. This is also true on r/c cars, slotcars, anything.
I'm not sure I would even attempt to have one made, I was interested more or less in the physics of it. This is definitely a helpful tidbit, I've never had a solid grounding in gear components, so RC motors / pinions / main gears are proving to be a educational experience.

Thanks for the heads up.

Casey
Old 03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
crashcrash

I'm not sure I would even attempt to have one made, I was interested more or less in the physics of it. This is definitely a helpful tidbit, I've never had a solid grounding in gear components, so RC motors / pinions / main gears are proving to be a educational experience.

Thanks for the heads up.

Casey

Pinions on the motor are an alloy mixture of brass and bronze. They're harder when combined but not too hard. Bronze it's self is very hard, brass is very soft so they combine them to get the right hardness for the pinion. Aluminum is the sme way...alloyed to a specific mixture for desired hardness and corrosion resistance. Aluminum can be heat treated to make it harder in addition to the alloy mixing (example...6061-T6) where T6 is the degree of heat treatment I can tell you....T-6 is pretty hard stuff. Metalurgy class is now in recess (LOL).
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
canniscam

crashcrash, you are forever the font of knowledge .. Thanks ..

Casey
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
crashcrash

crashcrash, you are forever the font of knowledge .. Thanks ..

Casey
Dunno about that but after the trial by fire with the CP-Pro and the CP, and 20years Navy as an aircraft mechanic....I managed to learn a little about these things (LOL). Serious...even though I don't own an HBKII anymore, I still consider it the best I've seen and very easily adapted to about any style of flight, easy to fix, parts are inexpensive...it's just great.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: kmkdudemann

I need to stop break main rotors ahhhh, whats this about furnisher polish or cleaner any more info would be great.. PS does anyone watch Rob & Big on mtv the newest one was sick him and black bought 12 RC E-flite CX2 models and like broke them all and flew them sky high and **** it was great laughs for heli pilots.
....and here is the link of that video. Should start right away but if it doent, it is video 2 on season 9 episode 3.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1582964&vid=215290

I had to check it out myself! Pretty funny but what a dumb thing to do. Wish I could throw $2200 bucks downs the toilet.

Z
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72897.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	902478  
Old 03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
GTX SlotCar

LOL I don't know who those guys are, but they really aren't too bright, or coordinated. More money than brains, I guess.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
crashcrash

LOL I don't know who those guys are, but they really aren't too bright, or coordinated. More money than brains, I guess.
PERFECT example of why the government thinks they gotta think for you. In this case.....I think they're RIGHT. Beauty is only skin deep...stupid goes right to the bone.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
sheerider1026

hey guys, has anyone heard of a swash leveling tool?? it levels the swash plate out perfect. i just can't find where to buy one at.. would be good when i go setting up my cnc kit.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:43 PM
canniscam

Swash Plate Leveler: It was made for the Trex 450, but it should work for the HBK2.

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2903

Casey
Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: sheerider1026

hey guys, has anyone heard of a swash leveling tool?? it levels the swash plate out perfect. i just can't find where to buy one at.. would be good when i go setting up my cnc kit.

It's your money..... You don't really need a swash leveler, serious, the heli will tell you it's not right when your setting it up and test run it.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:02 PM
boatchief

I'm getting ready to test fly my HBK2 tomorrow with the copter X head and tail upgrades with the DX7 and telebee HHD gyro I have been programming the TX since Monday had finally got to where I thought I had it last night when I hit the throttle hold switch and sent the heli off the table so I spent today changing gears in my new servos. I gave you all this info because I'm not sure I have the tail right witch direction is the gyro supposed to be set because spinning it up on the table to check the tracking and the tail is super sensitive wants to keep drifting counter clockwise and when I go to adjust it will whip the other direction so not sure I want to do a hover test and crash if I could have corrected something first.

P.S. All the help I can get is welcome

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97110.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	902694  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.