Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
FMB42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Thanks beta, will do.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:54 PM
choppersrule

Betapilot,

Wow, 3 blade rotor head, awesome. You probably saw this link if not, here it is. About half way down the page there's a video. Looks sweet.

Oh, I'll be giving you a PM next week, need to get a couple bare bones and some B/L motors, Crashcrach (Vic) refered me to you.

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ====================================
http://www.rc-expert.com/product.php?pid=233
ORIGINAL: betapilot

DANGEROUS, THINKING CAN BE! check this out, you know I am going to have to try this out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5290&rd=1&rd=1

It may not fit the king, but we will have to see what we can do. This will be a killer project.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

tail pics
Looks nice what is the going rate?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
betapilot

You know, it is 99 bucks plus shipping which makes it either very cheap for what it is, or very expensive if you know what I mean. It looks very cool and I am really contemplating trying one but I had been hoping to come across a guinea pig on one of these forums and so far no luck, lol.

Dave - whenever you are ready, just let me know. I have several arf kits and a couple of b/l combos so just say the word and I will get you fixed up. I will make sure to let crash know how much I appreciate it.

Joek - did you get your b/l taken are of? If not, I have a combo for you also just in case buddy. If you did win it, let me know what he included in the package. You know I include everything including the pinion of your choice plus any tech support I can possibly give, of course, even if you do not get it from me, my tech support offer is always good.

Rusty
Old 07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
choppersrule

Betapilot / Rusty,

Timing is everything, LOL. I just sent you my order about, 3:30 PM today. Two barebones (color doesn't matter), brushless motor, esc and some other stuff, plus a couple of your services. If you have any better recommendations than what I ordered, PM me or E-mail me.

Thanks in advance,

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ====================================

Dave - whenever you are ready, just let me know. I have several arf kits and a couple of b/l combos so just say the word and I will get you fixed up. I will make sure to let crash know how much I appreciate it.

Rusty
Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
jester409

What battery packs are recommended for a b/l setup on a King 2?
Motor is an esky 3800kv....
Old 07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
sdmahr

I'm using a 3 cell 1350 MaH battery with the exact same motor set-up with a 9T pinion. I'm getting about 13 minutes of flight time hovering around and battery and motor stay cool.

Remember you are space limited in the battery area on this copter. It won't hurt you to go long, (and it may help on the crazy C.G. balancing), but just don't exceed the Width and Height.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 AM
ezveedub

OK guys, if any one needs a sturdier set of skids, the TREX 450 Landing Skid Set fits perfectly. My HBK2 stock white skids seems to flex fairly easily. Installed the TREX skids tonight, frame screw spacing is exactly the same on the skids. Mine are black, so they match the frame and skid tubes a gunmetal grey. Gives a slightly wider sturdier stance. [>:]Comes with antenna tube also and it mounts higher to frame. Price was 7.99 @ LHS.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88022.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	720615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89851.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	720616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56061.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	720617  
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 AM
ezveedub

OK, has anyone got their hands on the HBK2 carbon fibre edition or know anyone getting them in yet?[sm=50_50.gif] Just saw the pics and specs and it appears to be all carbon fibre and CNC parts.[sm=thumbup.gif] Waiting to see when they start showing up.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 AM
gregkabob

I"m sure Betapilot will be one of the first to get one and have them for sale. I"m sure he'll chime in on this.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
betapilot

Not released yet, I have been on my distributor to get me one and a new falcon se and neither have been released. Both are distributed by the same manufacturer and from what I hear will be released at the same time. I will keep all posted on its release, rumors of pricing are around 189.

Kabob - I'll call you around 11 today for lunch

Rusty
Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 AM
gregkabob

Does anyone know what pitch the drive gear is on the HBK II? Is it a .5 mod or a .4 mod?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
FMB42

Thanks for the skid tip ezvw. Ya, the K2 CF edition sounds good. But so does the CP belt, T Rex 450, etc. Trouble is that I already have too many models and not enough common sense. My solution ? A bigger garage.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
betapilot

ALWAYS a bigger garage!!! One can never have too many toys. I have done several belt cp carbons and I really liked them. They did not take off as well as they should have due to the Falcon 3d and the closeness in price to the Align 450's. Honestly, most of the carbons that I finished out were done using a lot of the align parts a I found it to fly every bit as well. I think personally when you get to that caliber and price, I am sold on the Falcon. Sure it has quirks, but they all do and for no more than a Falcon sets you back, they are very tough to beat.

I do like those skids, I keep ordering some for me, but I keep selling them before I can put them on my bird, I am a geek for bling and pretty parts so I keep ordering the chrome and blue and man they look incredible.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM
tbaus

Gregkabaob,
I am no expert on the matter of pinions, so perhaps a more experienced electric motor guy will chime in, but here is my 2 cents... I believe the pitch (mod) you are talking about concerns the angle the teeth on the pinion are slanted. I believe our teeth are straight cut, so the pitch (mod?) doesn't concern us. If I am wrong, I am certain someone will jump in to let us know. I hope I helped...
Tom
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 AM
gregkabob

tbaus, thanks for the input. I'm putting in an order for a .4 mod and a .5 mod and I'll see what the differance is. I think the differance is in the angle of the pie shape of each tooth and I'll find out when I get them and post some picks so inquiring minds will know. I'll let everyone find out when I get them.

Thanks again,
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
BobbyD-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

I haven't seen a 2.3mm shaft pinion listed as .4

All I ever see are .5, like this one. This is my next pinion(and probably last) for my 3100kv.

http://www.readyheli.com/11T_RevCo_H..._p/ho-0011.htm

Cheers
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
gregkabob

Here's the link to the Venom site:

http://www.venom-store.com/items.asp?CartId={4276E7E2-2EC7-42AF-AF60-EVEREST8E25879BDAEF}&Cc=PINIONS&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

I don't know why this doesn't all show up as a link but it doesn't so go to the venom store and then under motors and you see Pinions link there, or copy and paste the above link.

I've ordered both to see what the differance is.

Also, if you decide to register with them do it as a buisness as the price goes from 7.99 to 3.99.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
BobbyD-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Interesting. Maybe have the answer?

In looking further at the Venom link, the first one listed is the 9t 10t 2mm .4mod. In that text they state "All pinions come in 2.0 and 2.3mm shaft sizes and .4 module metric gear pitch for small gear box applications or .5 module metric gear pitch for Micro/400 class helicopters"

Looks like the .4m is for a gear box.

I would think .5m is the one you'll need.

Cheers
Bob
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
FMB42

Hi Greg. IIRC the K2 drive gear metric module is .5288 which equals a diametrical pitch of 48. Here are some links on gear pitch and gear pitch calculations. A .5288 mod is a .5 mod as far as we are concerned.

http://shopswarf.orcon.net.nz/spur.html

http://www.engineersedge.com/gear_pitch_chart.htm

I don't have my K2 on hand to double check this, so don't take my word for these figures.

Diametric pitch or "P" is calculated by dividing the number of teeth or "N" by the pitch circle diameter or "D" so P=N/D.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
betapilot

Just the kind of information I love to see. Man this is really good stuff. I want to tell all of you how much I really appreciate the input and participation of everyone here.

On the pinions, I have always used the 2.3mm Align pinions and have never even given any thought to pitch. The Align pack can be had for 5 bucks for the 9-11t set. I have run them on everything I have flown and short of them being fairly large and having to make some room in the frame dept.I have had zero trouble with mesh. I guess thus far ignorance has been bliss, lol.

Rusty
Old 07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
gregkabob

FMB42, Thanks for the info, very interesting. This is the kind of stuff I like to know. I'm not all into figuring everything out mathamatically but I just like to know just what it is and how they determine what the pitch is of the pinion and gears. Again, Thanks.

BobbyD, I was leaning to the .5 as being the one that is we need. My couriosity has gotten to me so I ordered both so I can visually see them to determine what the differnaces are. Heck now that I'm no longer on active duty I can always make earings out of them....or give them to Rusty to wear....You know Rusty will do it....Right Rusty?

The differance between the two may be negligable. I also run an Align pinion (thanks Rusty) and I want to see if there is a differance between it and the ones coming in. As I said I'll post picks for all to see when I get them in.

Great Stuff here......
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
FMB42

You're more then welcome. And yes, you might get away with either a .4 or .5 mod for all I know. Of course, you can bet that they will go to a belt driven main shaft just about the time we figure all this gear stuff out.

And I must say that I owe all of you RCU members a big "thank you" for the huge amount of info/help that I've picked up here. Can you imagine where we would be in this hobby without RCU and its members?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
gregkabob

I remember when I was stationed in Turkey back in the early 80's my buddy and his dad taught me to fly planes and then they got into Nitro (only game then) heli's by buying a used one at the tune of $500. Man did I watch them go through rotor blades trying to get the thing to fly. No internet to ask questions. Years later I hooked up with him in Minn. and he finally mastered the Nitro heli.

I talked to him the other night and told him about he HBKII and Rusty is going to hook him up with a "Rusty Combo Special". He's excited to get back into it and couldn't believe the price. Oh, he had to place a special order as being overseas when he learned to fly he flies in mode 1 with the throttle on the right. Of course betapilot is making it happen.

The internet and forums like RCU is like one hugh library of information. It's great!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
FMB42

No internet to ask questions.
I also started flying RC fixed wing before the internet boom and remember spending hours "fixing" followed by minutes of "flying". This was at a club field and I think most of us had as much fun talking to each other as we did flying. Very few of us (myself included) knew much about the hobby and were lucky if we got a chance to talk with any of the experienced pilots who did. Of course, we didn't know what we were missing back then.

Anyway, it's good to hear that you reconnected with your friend and that betapilot is helping him out with a K2. But this is nothing unusual for beta if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.