Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
EricOnTheWeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: funflier Also a few other motors like the 450TH also made in Taiwan although a outrunner is designed to use the Low setting.
That's what I have, the Tonic-X 3300 "450th" I have the Hobbywing 40amp to run it, and the program card has 3 settings for the timing..I just checked Low Middle High. This thing also plays music?.. it says music in there lol

Old 12-19-2008, 02:43 AM
funflier

yes has about 20 songs it can play and it does play them rather well. Its in the instructions with the card. I turned them off as I only played the one to check if I had it set for 3 cells after I found it played the music instead (it automaticaly detected the 3 cells) of manually checking for 3 cells I had no need for the tunes. Besides it didnt have a jack to plug my iPod into.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:13 AM
warpnine

My kids like the "motor music" when the helicopter initializes! My HobbyWing ESC had a rather interesting assortment of international tunes. My helicopter plays "Oh Suzanna!" - one of two "American Songs". I guess they never heard of "Born to be Wild"!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 AM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: funflier
...I have noticed that some of the very high KV motors like the 4400 KV as these motors have a large distance between the magnets and do not work well with some Esc. ....
Exactly. A few motors, like the Esky 3100, have a large air gap. Some ESCs have a hard time reading the timing (esp. at 0 and low rpm) on these motors. The Dynam 25A ESC is one of them. Sometimes you can give it full throttle and the motor will start, then you have to pull back on the throttle immediately. The Dynam 30A ESC works with the 3100. I don't know if the Dynam 18A does.

Also-
The Super Battery Tray for the HBK2 is available now. It has our exclusive Orange Padâ„¢ non-slip pad. Price is $5.95
Mounting instructions are here: http://www.super-skids.com/InstallSBT400.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92214.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1092610  
Old 12-19-2008, 02:43 PM
delvallejr

Thanks GTX for the info.

Is there any way to close the gap? I still had the issue with the Dynam 30 amp.

Regards,
Ed
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
GTX SlotCar

Not really. It's the design. Generally, a larger air gap gives up some torque for higher rpm. Of course, there are tolerance differences in the motors and ESCs, so they can perform slightly different from one to the next.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:42 PM
osterizer

The Phoenix works with every motor I've tried on it. Pretty boring startup sounds, but I have an iPod.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Michaelh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: funflier

Michaelh
In China they have a job for everyone and they have so much labor they can affored to cut back anyway they can. Labor is cheap even to using hand soldering rather then machines.
I just cut back the insulation on my newest 3800 and it is actually copper, that is new for Esky as I pulled back the insulation on my 3900 and it is steel soldered to a tabs with the motor wires as they were before. I notice that for wire covering on both of them they use is still a low quality heat shrink that cracks. I have a old 3800 that I know that was steel as they were not soldered well and had to be resoldered and I replaced the lead out wires with heaver gauge copper.
On one of my speed controls the motor wires are steel and on many batteries at least one of the leads is usually steel (ok I buy Hong Kong deep discount batteries).
I actually think its some sort of crap metal now that Ive tried to solder my own ends onto it. It kinda turned crispy fried .
I guess maybe some industrial flux?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:10 PM
pilote04

hello,
i have a big problem with my new honey bee king2. since a small crash the direction don't work and the gyro is always flashing!!!!
please help
thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted in here but I have a question for ya. Can I use the Lipo wall charger that came with the heli to charge my Transmitter? It seems that the wall charger is a perfect fit to the Tx but when I plug it in no lights come on and there isn't any way of knowing if it's charging the batteries. If that's not the right charger for that, what is? Thanks guys, Joe
Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
warpnine

Hi Joey!

Be careful - some transmitters like the Dx6i have the polarity reversed on their charging jacks. If you use a standard charging plug - even if it fits - it may damage the batteries or Tx itself. Only use a Spectrum charger for Spectrum transmitters! If you are using the stock Tx, I would guess that the polarity of the charging plug is the standard (ground on the outside) - and not the way Spectrum has it on the Dx6i (and Dx7?). You may be able to test the polarity by plugging a jack into the chargine port and measuring it with a meter.

Pilote04: If the gyro is flashing, it is not initializing correctly. This may be because it is damaged or possibly if it has lost a connection to the tail servo or something. Without the gyro, you would have to keep the tail stable manually (almost impossible) - which may account for your loss of direction.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
xodarap1

hello,
i have a big problem with my new honey bee king2. since a small crash the direction don't work and the gyro is always flashing!!!!
please help
thanks
Depending on what gyro you have, it could be that your gyro isn't initializing properly because the rudder trim on the TX isn't centered or close enough to center. Try to center the rudder trim and then power up and see if that lets the gyro lock in. Also, make sure you are in HH mode on power up if it's a HH gyro.
Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 12-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Murdoc

Merry Christmas afolks I got a kingII for christmas, and I cant wait to fly it! Is it ok to use a 3s 1500 mah li po pack from esky? I have a few of those so if they can be used that would"ve been great!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:10 AM
warpnine

Good morning! I use a 1800mah battery in my King2 and it balances it perfectly. The 1500mah batteries should work fine!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 AM
pilote04

many thanks xodarap1, it 's exactly the problem taht I have! the trim was not put in the center!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Murdoc

ORIGINAL: warpnine

Good morning! I use a 1800mah battery in my King2 and it balances it perfectly. The 1500mah batteries should work fine!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Just have to change it from deans to jst, then I"m ready to give it a try
Old 12-25-2008, 07:32 PM
warpnine

In the long run, it may be better to put Dean's connectors on your batters and ESC - since they can handle higher current loads for bigger motors. The 1800mah betteries I use are "high-discharge" and came with the Dean's connectors already on them. I put one on my ESC when I upgraded it and the brushless motor. Not sure what would happen if you push too much current through a smaller connector, but it may melt or fail in flight?

You can get Dean's connectors here: http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...63020130d54fb0

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Murdoc

I agree with you on that one, but my king2 is not upgraded with a brushless motor. I"m going to fly it on the stock 370 for a few months and then put in a brushless motor that I already have. When I put in the brushless motor I"ll change to deans all the way. I used to be a big fan of multiplex connectors, but now I prefer deans.
Also, do you have any recomendations on a good charger? Right now my situation is that I just quit glow powered rc, I"m going electric all the way now I use the stock e sky charger, but want a better one. Not to expensive, and maybe the oppurtunity of charging 2 batteries at the same time
Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 AM
warpnine

Yeah, the stock chargers are sort of under powered and some folks complain that they don't balance the batteries very well either. I can take a long time to charge some of the bigger batteries with the stock charger. This $43 Align charger that I have is not the most expensive, but works great: http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...63020130d54fb0 It wiill balance and charge my 1800mah betteries in about an hour and a half. Disney1 and several other folks use this too. Good bang for the buck!

Most people are lucky to get 5 to 10 flights out of the stock, brussed motor before it burns up and they have to replace it. My understanding is that it is pretty under powered, which contributes to its short life span. Best advice is to get a good ESC (the stock one won't do at all!) and put in a brushless motor as soon as possible. I run the Esky 3900kv brushless motor with a HobbyWing Pentium 25A ESC, which is similar to what many folks upgrade to. Sometimes the stock motor and ESC can catch fire - so people are doing these upgrades out of necessity! The U.S. Hobby Supply web site above sells all these parts - generally to upgrade the motor and ESC is about $50. You'll have to do it sooner or later anyway - so why not do it before a bad crash or fire? If you haven't done business with U.S. Hobby Supply, you're in for a treat - Michael provides awesome service and support.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
hamid_fireage

Hey guys,

I have some problem with the vertical fin. Almost in any small crash it turns and hit the tail blades and causing the tail pulley strip.
No matter how tight you fasten the screw.

Should the boom be drilled? If thats true, make a hole at where(give me a distance from end of the boom)? and in what diameter(drill size)?

Any other suggestion would be appreciated

Happy holidays and have fun
Old 12-27-2008, 09:05 PM
delvallejr

ORIGINAL: hamid_fireage

Hey guys,

I have some problem with the vertical fin. Almost in any small crash it turns and hit the tail blades and causing the tail pulley strip.

Should the boom be drilled? If thats true, make a hole at where(give me a distance from end of the boom)? and in what diameter(drill size)?

Greetings hamid_fireage,

I also suffer a little bit with the tail fin sliding. use a little bit of rubbing alchohol to clean the surfaces of the plasic clamp and of that area of the tail boom...perhaps there is a little bit of oil or grease that has found its way there. The other thing you could do is to put a tiny drop of CA there so that it helps hold the fin in place. Lastly, very slightly tilt it (just a few barely noticeable degrees) so that it is not perfectly vertical and is to the opposite side of the tail rotor. Perhaps, if it does end up sliding again it will slide up the other side.

Cheers!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 PM
hamid_fireage

Thanks delvallejr - Do you mean the Super Glue? Cause I googled and it says Cyanoacrylate another name of the CA. So if thats true then would it be detachable for example when your boom is bent and you want to replace it?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:45 PM
warpnine

ORIGINAL: hamid_fireage

Hey guys,

I've observed the same thing with my vertical tail fin. I am thinking about trying to find a thin piece of rubber and wrapping it around the tail boom underneath the mount for the verticle fin - to provide more friction against slipping. Maybe the material used in disposable medical gloves (once the powder was washed off) would be thin enough to work? I would avoid drilling a hole in the tail boom, since if the screw goes in too far, it could rub the belt!

I've also though about trying to put a small wire support on the tail boom too, so that the tail fin has something else to take the impact of a hard landing - and hopefully wouldn't twist into the tail rotor. You'd almost need the type of metal used in a spring to do this right, which I don't know how to fabricate at home...

Intetresting problem!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
hamid_fireage

Thanks Dave - Would the electerical tape or the plumbing repare Teflon tape be ok for this duty?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 PM
warpnine

Good ideas! Yeah, maybe electrical tape could work - especially if it was the old fashioned tape made out of fabric instead of slick plastic! No idea if anyone still sells that, or where to get it if they do! I had thought of the teflon tape used in plumbing (to seal screwed on threads) but had assumed that it was probably too slippery... Obviously some experiementation is in order!

Cheers,
Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.