Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM
fairnot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Will do, VACA in a few days...Key West for a week let you know when I get back....(If I come back!....lmao)
Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM
1morecrash

ORIGINAL: betapilot

First thing - you are not spending $200 on a beginner heli, you are spending $200 on a new helicopter radio which can be used to fly many other helis as well and will not be proprietary to just your king. If you do it right, your motor/esc, servos, and gyro will be the same way. I have had an electronics set-up that has been passed around like Madonna at a Lakers game, it has been on over a dozen different helis and will actually go on the new version beam when it gets here and after testing on the beam will go on the next testor heli I get. Buy electronics that will last, buy quality and in the long run you will save money over buying lesser quality and having to replace it all the time, as we progress we all end up with the good stuff anyway, the question is how much will you spend on subpar equipment in the interim. You can only fly one bird at a time and when the king is used up and you move to a different bird just throw the stock stuff back on the king and use it as a second and still have two birds to fly but only spending money on one set of equipment.

Secondly, are you talking about the actual futaba 401 gyro or the spin-off clone? Most of the time the limit/trim gyros that have no actual gain setting on them physically have the gain settings programmed into the radio or use radio programming to achieve gain settings and the trim is used similar to the trim on the cyclic and the limit is used to literally limit the servos throw. If you do not have the radio with the gain programming you may not be able to get rid of the wag through adjustment of the gyro, you may have to go to hard adjustments like moving the tail rod link down a hole or two on the servo arm. Also try improving the limit, allowing the servo to travel farther thus reducing the erratic behavior of the servo, this should help not only the wag but also the heat problem. I do not know that this will be a cure all since I know that esky is having nothing but bad luck with those 2.4 systems but give it a try and let us know the results.
well got to say it YOUR THE MAN
took your advice on moving the tail rod down on the servo.
and yes it if finally working right no more tail wag. thanks a lot.
other things I did just to make sure,
was balance and track blades.
made sure no binding, change the old belt for a new one. had some teeth missing on it.
checked everything,
and mounted the servo with just one strip of double sided tape, it use to have two.
thats it for now.
but it is finally flying good, can do tail in all day. and side in both sides.
still working on tail out. still looking for a new Radio.
thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

O got my HBK2 now, got a bunch of blades and feather shaft and head parts, i need to know besides the general runn over and setup what is recommended to do before i attempt flying, any upgrades part is should install off the bat that will make my life easer i dont really want to repeat what happened with my BCP lol.

Also i noiced the Main gear is vibing up and down like its bent and thats translating up the head, buy a new one? or an upgrade?

Cheers
K
Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
joizeex

has anyone tried this futaba GY520 micro gyro? http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/....html#futm0810
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM
goofyfoot

Rusty,

What would I need to do to convert my 72 to 2.4? There is interference in my area that is off and on and very frustrating. What do you have?

Thanks,
Harry
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 AM
joizeex

futaba (is that what you're using?) has a 2.4 module that you can plug into the 72 Tx and a 2.4 Rx that you can get as well. The price of the 2.4 conversion module is kinda high though. i think you can get a whole 2.4 Tx for about the same price instead. would have to check prices on that. i'm just assuming you have futaba, as i don't remember previous pages.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
goofyfoot

Not Futaba, just the stock Tx and Rx. The crystals can be pulled from the Tx but not the Rx. But I have a feeling there is more involved than just switching a crystal and getting a new Rx.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
joizeex

you're correct. if you're going 2.4, you'll have to discard everything you have now (except for servos). it'll be a complete new Tx/Rx combo. you should be able to get the crystal from the Rx though. i swapped mine to be on the same frequency as the futaba Tx i bought for the Evo50. my V1 HBK uses the original orange Rx. it has a small rectangular insert to which the crystal is superglued and can be seen from the outside.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
jasbabe

ORIGINAL: joizeex

you're correct. if you're going 2.4, you'll have to discard everything you have now (except for servos). it'll be a complete new Tx/Rx combo. you should be able to get the crystal from the Rx though. i swapped mine to be on the same frequency as the futaba Tx i bought for the Evo50. my V1 HBK uses the original orange Rx. it has a small rectangular insert to which the crystal is superglued and can be seen from the outside.
hi, i'm just curious. what type of crystal did you use on your HBK receiver (single or dual conversion; futaba brand rx crytal?) to make it work with your futaba tx? thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 AM
joizeex

Rx crystal doesn't give much clues, but i'm positive that it was a dual conversion and it was either Futaba or Hitec. probably Hitec because it was cheaper and has a strap that looks just like this http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=777213 i'm pretty sure futaba one will work too.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
jasbabe

Rx crystal doesn't give much clues, but i'm positive that it was a dual conversion and it was either Futaba or Hitec. probably Hitec because it was cheaper and has a strap that looks just like this http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=777213 i'm pretty sure futaba one will work too.
i'm just puzzled at what i'm doing wrong cause i have a hitec tx and put a dual conversion crystal (same frequency as tx of course; hitec brand) on the hbk receiver and the servos wouldn't move at all. so i put in a single conversion crystal, same thing, no control. i tried to use the crystals that came with the hbk (tx & rx). no response at all. but with the stock hbk tx, no problem. the hitec tx can control a hitec rx. so i guess everything works but could not interact with other brands.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
joizeex

switch your Tx to PPM mode instead of PCM. it's in the main setting menu, check your manual. PCM is coded to work only with that brand, kinda like 2.4, PPM is global.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
1morecrash

hey guys just looking for opinions on a radio for a HBK 2.

I found this one is this a good radio??

FUTABA 6 EXP 6 channel PCM/PPM (FM).

thanks in advance. [8D]

Old 03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
jasbabe

switch your Tx to PPM mode instead of PCM. it's in the main setting menu, check your manual. PCM is coded to work only with that brand, kinda like 2.4, PPM is global.
My tx only transmits PPM, I already verified this with the manufacturer at the other forum.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
joizeex

ORIGINAL: 1morecrash

hey guys just looking for opinions on a radio for a HBK 2.

I found this one is this a good radio??

FUTABA 6 EXP 6 channel PCM/PPM (FM).

thanks in advance. [8D]
that should be good for HBK. check out the manual for it online and see if you can understand it. one of the most important things for people starting out with programmable radio is figuring out how to set it up.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
betapilot

Goof man, sorry for the late reply, I have been on spring break with the kids. There is no way to change the 72mhz to 2.4 without changing radio and rec, it is not worth the time and effort if you are only going with new esky stuff, their 2.4 wreaks and is failing left and right. I have been doing mostly the 72mhz V3's due to the rate of failure in the esky 2.4 and that also went for the art techs that used essentially the same system. If you are getting interference then just change frequencies until you are ready to pop for a good radio, I can get you the crystals if need. I noticed you said the crystal in the rx won't come out? Whats up there? Also, you may look at going to the Berg 7 by castle creations, the best non-2.4 rx money can buy and it is programmable via castle link, very cool stuff for around $50 (one of the reasons I still run 72mhz). I have a 7202 that is slightly used (less than 2 hours) that is probably my favorite radio in use today that I will let you have cheap (my personal radio) and you can use it with the bergs or my suggestion would be to go with the 790 scan select rx so you change freq on the fly, the rx usually runs around $85 but no crystals are needed which is really cool.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 PM
betapilot

Hey jas, Did you check to make sure you were using rx crystals in the rx and not tx crystals? Also, which hitec are you using? Is it one with spectra (synthesized)?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
jasbabe

ORIGINAL: betapilot

Hey jas, Did you check to make sure you were using rx crystals in the rx and not tx crystals? Also, which hitec are you using? Is it one with spectra (synthesized)?
Yes, checked everything and made sure i'm using rx crystal for rx and tx crystal for tx. actually i have 3 esky receivers (EK2-0420A) which came from my honeybee king2 and that of my buddy's (he got two) who got frustrated and was about to throw it in the garbage.

right now i'm using futaba 7C 2.4 ghz on my helicopters. the hbk2 was shelved almost a year now. the trez450 was again shelved for about three months ago. right now i'm flying the gauiH550 and a trex600N.

my buddy gave me a stryker body and i'm just finished putting it together. i don't want to use a 2.4ghz rx in it because i already lost one plane with that expensive receiver in it.

so i thought i'd use 72mhz for this plane and use the hbk2 rx which was only gathering dust in conjuction with my hitec neon-ss 3 channel tx. hitec rep already said this tx transmit in PPM and the hbk2 rx also runs in PPM. so i'm just puzzled why it would not work.

if you would check the previous posts i already tried everything or maybe not??
Old 03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
osterizer

jasbabe- I don't know about your particular transmitter, but I've heard that the Optic-6 at least can switch between positive and negative shift signaling. The HBK2 is a negative shift receiver, like Futaba 72 MHz gear. If your Hitec is selectable, you should check that.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:54 PM
tank126

Rusty i finally got my Futaba 7c for my heli. Still trying to work through all of the programming though. Also do you know if the t-rex tail boom will fit on the king 2.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 PM
betapilot

tank - like anything else, with enough imagination anything is possible, lol. Gregkabob did that very thing but collars had to built and different tail shafts and belts and really you are just better off putting the money to a true 450 if you are looking for more size. The king boom is only 7.5mm and the rex boom is 10 or 12mm plus depending on the boom up to 40mm longer. If you are just looking to extend the boom a little with the fewest modifications possible then go with the art tech falcon boom and a typhoon belt (or belt cp). You will still need to swap the tail shaft for a better grippier shaft but overall an easy mod.

Jas, what Osterizer said was the reason I was asking about the hitec you are using. I am not familiar with the radio you have so I would check exactly what Osterizer said with your rep to see what shift your radio is or if it selectable like the eclipse models.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Kelownan

You could try the Guru-z tail kit on helifreaks. it has a 12mm boom.

Hey beta, what do you recommend as an upgrade/replacement for the stock main gear on the King2?
My one was bent and is causing vibration and power issues affecting the throttle, so im not flying till thats sorted.

I cant believe it - brand new and it arrives with a bent flybar and warped gear. Im not buying from that store again.
(a local ish store, not my LHS but in Country)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 AM
tank126

The main gear for the blade 400 fits and I have it on my HBK 2

Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
betapilot

Hey bud - to be honest with you the blade 400 gear and there is a new gear on the market I have tried specific to the king that do really well as replacements, they are straighter but not perfect. I run the microheli with the M/H one-way and run-out is minimal if any, they are really pricey but very strong and durable and the bearing is vastly superior to the king or eflite bearing. If all youa re doing is just lite forward and patterns and such then just go with the blade gear for cost purposes.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Kelownan

Saweeeeet! thanks rusty and tank.
Now where did i leave that camera.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.