Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
kenhiraihnl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: George1234

ORIGINAL: Kelownan

is it a good idea to schlap in my dx6 and ar6000 when i add a HH gyro, or can i just use the stock radio?
it would proberbly make the mixing easier right?

It's always good to convert to a computer radio for pitch and throttle curves, throttle hold, remote gyro adjust etc.

George
+1! here's a pic of my hbk2 w/ fut9chps...good example of starting with a $65 heli and going overboard w/ mods...lol...ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57336.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1187937  
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
George1234

[/quote]

+1! here's a pic of my hbk2 w/ fut9chps...good example of starting with a $65 heli and going overboard w/ mods...lol...ken

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. Mine is almost a clone of yours, except Futaba 7CHP.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47591.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	1187970  
Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
kenhiraihnl

-ken
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
joizeex

do you guys fly hard 3D with all those mods, or is it mostly for bling?

so, i keep getting +45 degree out of phase rotor disk movement like i mentioned a few pages back. what the heck is going on. the head isn't loose or anything, no more than the stock head normally is. has anyone ever experienced that? i think that's what keeps making my side-in hover more difficult than it needs to be. i seriously want to get to the bottom of it, although i'm getting by through compensating on the cyclic.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 PM
kenhiraihnl

hi joizeex...i'm definitely not into hard 3d, but aerobatics (loops, rolls, flips and stall turns) is exciting enough for me...regarding being out of phase, i once installed the anti-rotation bracket backwards on a logo10...the rear swash pin came out of the anti-rotation bracket...i thought the heli was flying a little wishy-washy...after landing, i noticed that the swash was twisted 45-degrees or so...so i think i know what you mean...i haven't read through your posts, but the rubber head is kinda imprecise...cnc will definitely pinpoint your problem...maybe you lost an anti-rotation pin from your washout?...although unrelated to your problem, i noticed that there was a lot of play in the 43-tooth pulley because the slot in the pulley for the pin was too big...i filled the excess slop with jb kwik...i've been playing with my hbk2 to tighten it up like my mikado logos (hands-off hover and crisp maneuvers)...probably an impossible exercise, but it's fun to try...ken
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 AM
joizeex

yea the stock head has slop that's really easy to see, even when it's brand new. i haven't found any cracks or any parts in the head that are flexing excessively or out of alignment. so at this point i can only attribute the out of phase behavior to the sloppy head.

i probably will eventually go only as far as you do in pushing the envelope, once i cover all the basics, that is. I have too many hobbies and will never have the time to get into more advanced flying, since that would also require sim time to be effective and that's just too much time spent on one hobby lol. I think basic aerobatics can be pulled off on the stock head, but it'll be a bit of a pain, having to compensate for the phase all the time (maybe with some channel mixing on my 7CHP), so i can see upgrading it in the future. I'm using HBK as practice and weekday flying after work at a park, before i put fuel in the Evo50 and drive out to the bigger field on weekends again. I just didn't like the fact that i had more flights on the Evo than on the HBK and the latter was my first heli, back when HBK V1 was $200+s! I like it a lot, eventhough it's not the most precise thing in the air.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
goofyfoot

I am going to have to make the move to 2.4 if I want to fly three of my birds. I cannot get around the interference on the 72 channel no matter what I try. My single 2.4 CX2 has no problems. So, my question is has anyone tried this combo? It is about half the price of the Futaba and Spektrum but obviously not as many bells and whistles and is pretty restricted to the HBKII.

Just looking at all options. My first choice would be the Futaba but man, $200 bucks is quite a hit. This combo is only $89.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=C2220002
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
joizeex

wasn't there a whole bunch of problems with Esky's 2.4? i think Rusty mentioned something about that.
try looking at the Walkera's 2.4 programmable and standard Tx's. it's model number is 2801 i believe. it should be listed on www.ehirobo.com
Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
goofyfoot

Joizeex,

Thanks for reminding me. I believe you are correct that Rusty mentioned a lot of problems. I will check out the Walkera and keep looking.

I think the problem is a renovated fire station about two blocks from me. Either they are racing RC cars in the back lot or have some sort of communications that throws out the disturbance.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
warpnine

ORIGINAL: goofyfoot

I am going to have to make the move to 2.4 if I want to fly three of my birds. I cannot get around the interference on the 72 channel no matter what I try. My single 2.4 CX2 has no problems. So, my question is has anyone tried this combo? It is about half the price of the Futaba and Spektrum but obviously not as many bells and whistles and is pretty restricted to the HBKII.

Just looking at all options. My first choice would be the Futaba but man, $200 bucks is quite a hit. This combo is only $89.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=C2220002
I would also advise biting the bullet and getting a good 2.4GHZ Tx like the Dx6i, as a one time upgrade - that will then easily support every helicopter you've got (as you get Rx's for them over time) for years to come. From the mediocre quality you see with most of the other electronics from Esky, I'd save my money up to get the Dx6i with a good AR6200 (dual) Rx for $180. Works great, is widely used (so lots of available help in programming it), and can easily fly anything in your hanger. Additional Rx's are about $80 for the dual AR6200 and $50 for the single AR6100 - something you could get for your other copters over time.

Not a big fan of Futaba, given the poor bang for buck of their gyros... Probably good stuff, sometimes just too expensive...

If you buy the cheap Esky Tx, my worry is that you'll be replacing it in a year or so - because it lacks features or just doesn't work as well. You can't go wrong with a Dx6i IMHO!

Michael is currently out of stock and I don't see that Rusty sells them, but there are other sources if Michael won't be getting them in soon. Give you some time to save up some more money too!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
goofyfoot

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your input.

I had forgotten about the problems that Rusty had pointed out for the HBKIII radio stuff so have taken that off my list. I am checking out the Walkera but have not given up hope on the Spektrum or Futaba. It seems that both camps are happy with these radios. I did get the knock off G401B gyro and it works excellent. I agree that the Futaba G401 is a bit pricey.

I am not in a rush. Maybe a stimulus check will come my way.

Harry
Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
joizeex

I really like my futaba 7CHP. Although it's not 2.4, i believe both versions have the same menus and options and i got the hang of using its features really quick while setting up my Evo50 and later, the HBK. This is someone who never had a programmable radio before. The REAL GY401 is a great gyro, but i definitely wouldn't spend that much on a gyro that would go into a tiny heli like HBK, so i opted for Telebee HH and it's very nice, paired with tail blades from Trex 450. Not sure how it holds up to hard 3D, but in strong wind and just punching the throttle, it's very impressive for $50. I'm a big Futaba fan though (not to be confused with fanboy because i'm open to other brands)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
grifon

i really really really wonder if there is anyone could succeed this scrap garbage to fly?? cuse ill give him the nobelprize
Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
reel109

grifon,

What are you talking about.[]

Jim
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: reel109
What are you talking about.[]
Given the name of the thread, I'd guess he's somewhat dissatisfied with his King 2.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
reel109

I understand his frustrations. There is so much to learn. If I had known what it would take I am not sure I’d be in the hobby. But it is too late for me, already hooked.

Jim
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 AM
joizeex

ORIGINAL: grifon

i really really really wonder if there is anyone could succeed this scrap garbage to fly?? cuse ill give him the nobelprize
well, almost everyone on this thread has succeeded in doing that, so we can help out those who didn't. you would have to be more specific though. is the problem with something mechanical, electronic, or with the flesh-and-bone linkage between the 2 control sticks (pilot )
it's not easy to fly a heli, so if that's the problem you're having, then it'll happen with ANY heli. let us know how we can help.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM
sly the dogman

good day,
Settings on a stock tx: ail- ele - thr - rud- . I know there's a thread on this, can't find it.
For a HBK.
Sly.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
greco_sti

ORIGINAL: sly the dogman

good day,
Settings on a stock tx: ail- ele - thr - rud- . I know there's a thread on this, can't find it.
For a HBK.
Sly.
hi

ail-nor, ele-rev, thr-nor, rud-rev
Old 04-30-2009, 04:01 PM
sly the dogman

thanks,
greco sti
Old 05-01-2009, 04:03 PM
chris1379

Has anyone else worn out the balls on the blade grips? Mine have too much slop but all the others are fine. I have some belt CP grips to replace them.

Chris
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 PM
xodarap1

I've only been flying for a little over a year now, and this heli has more miles on it than any other in my hangar. I've moved on to other helis now and don't fly the king2 much anymore, but it still flys great for me and was fine for learning and even up to entry level 3-D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2Rm3MIbjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eR0XQZ1Vhw

..And I agree that the main issues with controlling any heli well are practice and patience. Before I shelved the king2 last month and moved on to newer helis, i flew that thing pretty hard and it took a lot of abuse for the amount of $ i spent on it. It was well worth the cost and served me well.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:56 AM
joizeex

so since you have so many flights on it and it's all worn out, do you notice any out of phase cyclic behavior?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:04 PM
sly the dogman

goodday,
I was doing 2 things at the same time,got distracted thought the tx was on but wasen't,
pluged the pack and goodbye....Caught the heli but in the process but the washout base
and the rotor head control snaped. It's ok to laugh you know. So my question to you is:
is there a way to get to those parts without taking every apart ?
If you have pics with the explanations it would help me a lot. [8D]
thank you kindly
Sly
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
joizeex

can't see how you would get to the washout base without removing something. i think the easiest would be to remove the bolt at the bottom of main shaft, remove the linkage to the flybar sea-saw and then pull everything up, then slide off the washout base after disconnecting its linkage. depending what aftermarket ESC you have, it will not start the engine when no signal is received from the Tx or if you plug in the battery with the throttle all the way up. my esky 25A ESC will not initialize the engine when that happens.

does anyone know what site sells gears for the old analog 8g servo (servo labeled 5070A)? last time i ordered a set from RC711.com, they sent me gears from the digital 7.5 servos instead (part number 500C). seems like no one has the old servos or gears anymore?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.