Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 244 of 252 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 6294

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

hey man, have you seen the video on youtube titled "trex450 vs blade400"? They are doing a little better than GIjoe, I am pretty sure if you enter that name in youtube you will get this video, it is very cool and those guys are crazy.
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: betapilot

well, I trimmed down to 9 and amazingly you would think that would do it, but 7 of them don't fly and I have no time to fix them so I have found myself breaking into v3 rtf's just to go out front and buzz around, lol.

Hmmm, Wish i had that much money, id have a pool so i could dive into them

I think i got the ESC workin now so, if this wind stops i will be able to fly,

Cheers Rusty
    My Heli is like my wife................Need i say more?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well if done properly it does not take as much money as you would think to accumulate them, it is keeping them airworthy that gets pricey, lol. Let us know how the esc works out for you.
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joizeex

man, i wish i could convince my friends to get those Dragon elites, that price is sizzling hot lol. i've been trying to "recruit" more people into this hobby (or any RC for that matter) to no avail. they only like to watch lol. one of them is building his "garage" and not a "hangar" right now, so i doubt he'll bite. i'll try. for $80 an adjustable head would be great. So in your honest opinion, adjustability aside, do you think the Sonix for HBK is better than plastic Dragonus head or no? Is RCER, the manufacturer of the Dragonus? Also, I've seen stock Dragonus parts online here and there (HeliDirect too), so that doesn't seem an issue. What about Sonix? cncheli.com doesn't have parts listed for the HBK head, but it has them listed for the 450 head? i'm guessing they're the same? do you stock any that are not listed on your site? i have yet to break stock HBK head because i haven't been upside down in the dirt yet lol, but i would like to know what the support logistics are like. thanks again, man!
    Joizeex,

I have the Sonix head and am very pleased with the feel and quality. As for parts Jeff, linked me to this page: http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...ade/Categories

I have not put much time on the head as I have been programing my new Dx6i and AR6100. However, I have run into a problem and maybe someone has had this happen and knows a fix. I found the motor shaft and main shaft became misaligned. The frame seems to have distorted. It is plastic so I guess over time this can happen. I was going through main gears like crazy and could not figure out why. I made a tool that squares up the shafts and then used shims under the motor to keep the alignment. I am not happy with this solution but short of going to an aluminum or carbon frame has anyone found another method to keep the frame square? I did find this but it seems to just be a frame stiffener and does not look like it will square things up. http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...2_p/esk008.htm

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Joiz - Send me an email to rusty@castlerockhobbies.com. Iam getting your pm's but am unable to resond right now for some reason.
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get a blow dryer out and square it back up, also double check that the mount holes haven't given up from the bottom side
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: betapilot

Get a blow dryer out and square it back up, also double check that the mount holes haven't given up from the bottom side
    Thanks, will give that a try. A new frame is only $6 but the time to put it together could take some planning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All,

Well, been down awhile after a bad crash. Got the heli (hbk2) together and now have this strange problem. Before I took the bird out and after I applied power, I noticed that every 10 seconds or so the esc (I think) would beep. Didn't think too much about this but when it was hovered about every 10 seconds the tail would twitch like the power was cut off for just an instant. I am running a DX7 and castle creations 35 esc. I didn't think the esc was damaged in the crash, but what else could it be?

Jim

Always waiting for parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You updated the firmware on the ESC, didn't you? The warning beep is new in the latest version of the software, I'm told.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, I did update the software. I guess I need to read the instructions and see if it explains it.
    Jim
    Always waiting for parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, after 2 years of owning FS8 and continuously having the oscillation problem that i described a couple pages back, and not being able to use it successfully, i have FINALLY figured it out!

I had the FS8 Rx hooked up to my PC again, using the FMA software, and this time noticed something called TEST MODE 10. Apparently test mode10, when enabled, will make the copilot react not only to angle deflection, but also to the rate of that angle deflection, similar to a gyro on a heli. That mode is to be used for airplanes in vertical hover and NEVER to be used in helis because it'll cause OSCILLATIONS. The mode is enabled/disabled by 10 presses of the REC button. Basically what happened was, when i first was setting up the heli, i must've accidentally pressed the button 10 times, instead of 11(which does something else) and enabled MODE 10. I did reset to factory settings atone point (which turns off MODE 10), but i bet that i pressed it 10 times again and re-enabled it. So, last night i pressed it 10 times and turned MODE 10 off and today had a flawless co-pilot response! It's about damn time! In addition, i also did the Sensor Output test where you calibrate sensors using a piece of ice for base temperature read. At the field,the calibration read 10 ticks and everything worked great.

In retrospect, i crashed the Evo50 3 times in 34 flights because i didn't have the co-pilot constantly on (due to oscillations) and would forget to turn it on when in trouble. Personally, i still learned just fine without it, although maybe a little slower because i was too scared to try other orientations.
    Kyosho: FW05-T, TR-15 ST, InfernoGT, Seawind; Heli: HoneyBeeKing2, Evo50, 4#3B, DragonusElite2; 1:1 Mitsubishi Evo 8 and 10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok

Im certain ive Set the TowerPro Mag8 ESC i have on my King2 to Soft start.

I think a pro should check out this for me, ive uploaded the vid to RCUvids

http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/BBP8T10BYFV5XPXB/received

Moving the throttle stick up results in a funky sounding electrical sound from the motor,

Unfortunately i have no other ESC to compare against as to wheather this is a ESC or Motor Problem, and the chaps at my LHS arent terrebly helpful unless i pay them ha ha.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Kelo - Iwatched your video and the first thing Iwould check is timing. My best guess from the short video is timing or bad motor, since the esc sends off its beeps like it should and at higher rpms the motor doesn't sound erratic Iam betting on either of the above two. Do this, go in and change all of the parameters of the esc to the opposite of what they are now as far as start up and see if there is any change in the motors behavior, if you have timing settings change them as well. Keep an eye on the temp of the esc and motor also, bad timing can cause them to get very hot very quick. If that changes nothing, then Iwould shoot for a different motor, it is not uncommon at all for the esky brushless motors to short due to a number of different reasons Ihave found especially if you are running the 3100 or 3900. Let us know your results buddy
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmmm, Didnt think of that,

From what ive learned about the esc now, the menu sets are pretty basic,

b b (lipo protection voltage - auto detects no of cells)  b b - 6v
                                                                                                      bb bb  - 9v
                                                                                                     bbb bbb - off
    bb bb (nimh protection - auto detects cells)  b b - 4v
                                                                                     bb bb  - 8v
                                                                                     bbb bbb - off
    bbb bbb (brake)     b b - soft
                                      bb bb  - hard
                                      bbb bbb - off

theres no timing options in this version.

I emailed the guy i bought the ESC from and he suggested that either thered a fault in my soldering(possibly) or
    a fault in the motor i.e shorting, like you suggested.

I'll have a look but maybe will email Mike at USHS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might even take the dome off of the motor and inspect it yourself, you may find the arc or some wind unravelling, those seem to be pretty common occurances with those motors.
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers Rusty,

I put the motor down to low rpm and i could hear it clicking, like a spark or somethin,

Emailed mike at USHS and now we gettin it sorted so for the next week or so im without a motor while mike checks it out, a bit depressing but ah well i still got my Xtreme Lama4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good you have something to kill the time. Those esky brushless are fairly notorious for shorting but I am sure you wil get it fixed and be flying in no time.
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so i decided to do some tinkering with my HBK1 and made a sort of HBK1-HBK2 hybrid. The only thing i'm using from HBK2 is battery mount and landing gear which were 13g heavier than HBK1's. The old carbon rod LG was actually pretty durable in crashes, but it was hard to keep the battery fixed firmly. I'm also using the main gear from helidirect. I installed the Sonix CNC head from cnchelicopter for $72. It's a very nice piece and i'm waiting on some FRP blades from Rusty to try it out. Seems like with this head my out of phase'ing is gone, at least from seeing just the flybar disk while spinning up without blades. If you guys want this head, just remember that you need thinner blade roots, i measured the gap to be 4.6mm. The only issue so far is that the blade grips are not level with respect to each other, but i think greasing up the dampers should solve that.

also in the pics is the Dragonus Elite 2 that i got from Rusty for the clearance price. It's really awesome. The head work is very very tight, just like that Sonix on my HBK. The tail boom is very thick in diameter and in the actual wall thickness, for a heli of that size. The heli is only ~4 inches longer than HBK.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54690.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1209441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23659.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	1209442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg92405.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	1209443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ha79680.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	1209444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bm73992.jpg 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	1209445  

Kyosho: FW05-T, TR-15 ST, InfernoGT, Seawind; Heli: HoneyBeeKing2, Evo50, 4#3B, DragonusElite2; 1:1 Mitsubishi Evo 8 and 10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

joizeex - nice!, that dragonus looks very cool, what size boom does it have?

With lack of the motor for a week or so i decided to try out a battery tray mod,

The Towerpro ESC is quite large and unyielding so i figgured i would try a angle tray like what is on the
    Xtreme CF frame - since i dont have a deacent reason to purchase a CF frame yet.

Its just the first prototype and it fits good although the CG is still a bit off cos i hant go the motor in,
    should be interesting to see how it works then.

For the tray i cut a 3mil piece of acrylic and remove the centre of boom/fin mount made to fit just in front of the motor mount.
    Pics will show what im saying.

Though the Canopy is quite tight so im working on raising the tray up a bit and hopefully the HBK3 canopy i ordered last week will have
    more space due to the new shape or thats the plan anyway,

Name:	Xv63814.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	1209863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez82121.jpg 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	1209864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fl18406.jpg 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	1209865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ib82319.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	1209866  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nicely done. may i suggest drilling a bunch of small holes in the tray or just glueing a couple of "ribs" on it to raise the battery and help with battery cooling. also, use a thicker rubber band, or get one of those velcro straps to hold the battery. having a bigger canopy really helps with weight distribution and cooling. i first stepped up to the clear vinyl'ish Xtreme canopy for 350 size, but that one was weak and started to tear, so now i'm using a canopy from cnchelicopter, as some other members on here and it feels indestructible and gives a good weight distro, not to mention it's easier to see farther away.

dragonus boom is 12.7 mm ( i guess you can say it's 13)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers Joizeex,

I figgured i will grab the Xtreme frame stiffner and angled tray ha ha, i thought it was only for the CF frame but hey
    i was wrong and at this point am rather happy that i am 

so expect to see an update soon ha ha.

Hmmm Is the dragonus elite2 a 400 size? wonder if a mod could be done to fit the boom.

Ps i believe someone asked about fitting a 12mm boom to the King, i know that GuruZ has a boom conversion kit. to mount a 12mm boom.
    but with tha extra weight id want it to be Carbon Fiber.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yup it's a 400 size. i'll get all the electronics for it in a couple of weeks and get it airborne.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heh, got a bunch of parts today, Last time i deal with Xheli again, they made me pay double for post and sent it by snail mail instead of Priority Xpress as it stated on their site,

Almost have a second airframe with a bunch of HBK3 parts, but forgot to order the belt collets so i cant use the king3 frame yet,

But Man the King3 canopy is +++++++Coool. almost looks like a rappy, it is lager than the king2 canopy which is nice but not overly lage like putting a 450 canopy on, its still a balance look which i seem to be quite paticular about

Pics speak better than words.

Joizeex im looking foward to seeing the finished Dragonus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Done, New 4000Kv engine in

Name:	Om33012.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	1216625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36424.jpg 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	1216626  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so uh, where's the 3d video man, lol. Looks good buddy, let us know how it flies. They made some improvements on the kings canopies from the V2 to the V3 huh?
    Rusty
    Castlerock Hobbies