Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM
reel109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Hi Guys,

Well tonite I installed the 43t pulley and belt from Xtreme. One thing I noticed is how much additional drag there seems to be on the head when I spin it by hand. Tried adjusting the belt tension but no improvement. I don't think the belt is rubbing anywhere, at least I don't see, feel, or hear it rubbing.[] The head itself is very free with no drag. Is this normal for the 43t pulley system?

Jim
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: reel109

Hi Guys,

Well tonite I installed the 43t pulley and belt from Xtreme. One thing I noticed is how much additional drag there seems to be on the head when I spin it by hand. Tried adjusting the belt tension but no improvement. I don't think the belt is rubbing anywhere, at least I don't see, feel, or hear it rubbing.[] The head itself is very free with no drag. Is this normal for the 43t pulley system?

Jim
Is your tail rotor spinning in the right direction? Also,you might have added one too many twists in the belt,or the belt might be bunching up where it comes out of the tailboom before the idlers.
-lohchief
Old 04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: Rosebud6

Not sure how but after Telebee upgrade and broken parts replaced, my speed controller (Esky 25a ek1-0350)is now giving me the BIbi BIbi Bibi (break on) signal. Wasnt like that before (about a week ago). And the instructions that came with it just don't seem to make a whole lotta sense.
'Set the accelerator to full throttle, then turn on the power...' doesnt seem to do anything until i decrease the throttle all the way..
Can anyone clarify them please?
Unplug your battery,set your left stick to full throttle,also set your throttle trim to the center pos.Plug your battery back in,you should hear the right beep sequence now,then close down your throttle and trim.That should do it......I think
-lohchief
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

Not sure how but after Telebee upgrade and broken parts replaced, my speed controller (Esky 25a ek1-0350)is now giving me the BIbi BIbi Bibi (break on) signal. Wasnt like that before (about a week ago). And the instructions that came with it just don't seem to make a whole lotta sense.
'Set the accelerator to full throttle, then turn on the power...' doesnt seem to do anything until i decrease the throttle all the way..
Unplug your battery,set your left stick to full throttle,also set your throttle trim to the center pos.Plug your battery back in,you should hear the right beep sequence now,then close down your throttle and trim.That should do it......I think
-lohchief

I think the Chief is right on this one.....I have the manual infront of my face......I can't understand it (LOL). I don't have the ESC anymore, and it's been a while since I've done it.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gene465

Heya all, Unlike bones (Welcome BTW) who has read all the pages I am still trying to get caught up on all pages up to p90!. My HBK2 is set up with the DX6i, Belt CP head, 43T upgrade, Trex Skids, 3100 KV esky brushless and 25A Esky ESC, I am flying with the Xtreme blades and Trex 450 tail blades. I just wanted to say this is my favorite bird! I am really having a blast with it! Very durable! I am currently switching between the stock batteries, the 1350 and 2100 Mega Power 3s packs. I hate having to re-trim by using different battery packs all the time and the 2100s are a bit nose heavy, anyone have any info for the best priced 1800 packs? Also I would like to switch out the stock canopy and while the Trex canopy can be modded to fit, is there another 400ish canopy that would fit like the MX400? Think I saw one back a ways. Thanks Gene
gene......I have TREX 450 canopys on both my HBK2's and no modding required. Somewhere I posted some pics of one I did and one done for me by a good friend here locally......blk822. I would post more pics but they seem to be gone from my puter and the roomie has the camera in Florida this week. (Ya think anyone asked me if I wanted to go to Didneywurld?) But the 450 canopys really make the HBK2 much roomier in front for larger batterys as well as moving the smaller ones farther forward.
I run a 15C 1500mAh as well as 2 8C 1250mAh's and a 10C 1250mAh........all Common Sense RC Batterys. Not cheap, but good decent batterys with many charges and no signs of puffing or overheating (even the 8C's on a 3800kv with a 33A ESC) and good for about 10 minutes or less of hovering and crashing. As far as CG.......... I made my own mount and can move the batterys forward or backwards to achieve perfect CG. Only using two sizes really helps. The 15C goes all the way back to my modded back plate and the 1250's go about a 1/2" forward of that. Now if I could just get my blades to track I would be a happy camper!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Rosebud6

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

-lohchief

I think the Chief is right on this one.....I have the manual infront of my face......I can't understand it (LOL). I don't have the ESC anymore, and it's been a while since I've done it.
Only thing i didnt try was setting the trim to center. Will try again when i get home. Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 AM
court461

Only thing i didnt try was setting the trim to center. Will try again when i get home. Thanks
I think (it has been a while since I set mine up) that you have to lower the throttle as you hear the beeps. WHat I mean is, do like lohchief says, but when you hear the beeps as you plug in the battery, lower the throttle quickly. Then if you unplug and plug back in you should hear the correct beep sequence. As many kings as e-sky sold, you would think they would have someone fluent in english to proofread their instructions, couldn't cost that much.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 AM
hollywood54

Hey Rusty, Nice to see you back,i love my bird.Your new web site looks good,best of luck ..........[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Rosebud6

ORIGINAL: court461

I think (it has been a while since I set mine up) that you have to lower the throttle as you hear the beeps. WHat I mean is, do like lohchief says, but when you hear the beeps as you plug in the battery, lower the throttle quickly. Then if you unplug and plug back in you should hear the correct beep sequence. As many kings as e-sky sold, you would think they would have someone fluent in english to proofread their instructions, couldn't cost that much.
ok. The only thing i noticed is that it does not beep until i lower the throttle all the way down. and its the Break on beeps. Maybe I'm being to impatient.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
court461

You have to lower the throttle before you hear the beeps. I found some instructions in the other forum. This is how they read..

Attached is the ESky info for that ESC (manual is too grand a term for this sketchy and badly worded document)

Apparently, toggling the brake on and off is the only programming supported, Here is how to do it in clearer English:

1. start-up tones:
- No brake = beep beep beep when power is first applied.
- Brake = beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep when power is first applied.

2. Programming sequence to toggle the brake setting
Remove power from the ESC
Set throttle to maximum (including throttle trim all the way up)
Power up the ESC
Set throttle to minimum before the audible beeps end
Turn power on and setting (audible beeps) should indicate the new setting
Old 04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Rosebud6

ORIGINAL: court461

You have to lower the throttle before you hear the beeps. I found some instructions in the other forum. This is how they read..

Attached is the ESky info for that ESC (manual is too grand a term for this sketchy and badly worded document)

Apparently, toggling the brake on and off is the only programming supported, Here is how to do it in clearer English:

1. start-up tones:
- No brake = beep beep beep when power is first applied.
- Brake = beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep when power is first applied.

2. Programming sequence to toggle the brake setting
Set throttle to maximum (including throttle trim all the way up)
Power up the ESC
Set throttle to minimum before the audible beeps end
Turn power on and setting (audible beeps) should indicate the new setting
That did the trick, must have been cuz I didnt move the throttle trim up.

Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2008, 05:05 PM
betapilot

Hey thanks Hollywood, I appreciate it man. Hey dude, when I saw your name I had a flashback (it might have been that colorful picture your using, lol), pm me or email me at rusty@castlerockhobbies, I got a question for you.

Started a Dragonis kit last night and was up til 3am assembling this craft, WOW. I must say first hand that there is a difference between the taiwanese and chinese stuff for sure. Very cool and challenging project, thing flies unreal. I know, it is the king thread, lol, just thought it was a cool heli and like the king, a just killer bird for the money.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Rosebud6

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Telebee HHG with 43t gear... Awsome is all i have to say. Very stable over with stable tail and snappy. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: betapilot

Hey thanks Hollywood, I appreciate it man. Hey dude, when I saw your name I had a flashback (it might have been that colorful picture your using, lol), pm me or email me at rusty@castlerockhobbies, I got a question for you.

Started a Dragonis kit last night and was up til 3am assembling this craft, WOW. I must say first hand that there is a difference between the taiwanese and chinese stuff for sure. Very cool and challenging project, thing flies unreal. I know, it is the king thread, lol, just thought it was a cool heli and like the king, a just killer bird for the money.
Did you do the plastic or metal one? I had some reservations about the plastic one, but the metal head works much better. It's a very fun heli to throw around.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
betapilot

I just did the plastic as a tester and am very impressed, I am sure the metal will be better but i got to tell you, the plastic one is as good as most of the metal kits I have done. I did do some mods during the build, I did a slightly longer boom, different anti-rotation guide, modified the motor mount, and changed the main belt pulley from the plastic one at 40t to the cnc one at 50t, getting ready to do the main gear with microheli and then start building the pro. I also replaced every screw with hexheads, no strippage. My only complaint is the landing gear, cheesy plastic so I am having a billet set made up for it that should fit the bill. You are right though, very fun to toss about, probably the smoothest 400 I have flown.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: betapilot

I just did the plastic as a tester and am very impressed, I am sure the metal will be better but i got to tell you, the plastic one is as good as most of the metal kits I have done. I did do some mods during the build, I did a slightly longer boom, different anti-rotation guide, modified the motor mount, and changed the main belt pulley from the plastic one at 40t to the cnc one at 50t, getting ready to do the main gear with microheli and then start building the pro. I also replaced every screw with hexheads, no strippage. My only complaint is the landing gear, cheesy plastic so I am having a billet set made up for it that should fit the bill. You are right though, very fun to toss about, probably the smoothest 400 I have flown.
Ha, is there anything left from RCer? I built mine as stock as possible and all works well, but I also tried to get as light as possible- came out at 670-710g, depending on which battery I use. It took a little getting used to, but flips, rolls and the like are sinfully easy as long as you're light on the collective. It's a great advanced aero trainer in my book.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
betapilot

They have a new distributor supposedly but that is why I built mine with the idea that modification would be a necessity, but then again I do not own a stock heli in any form, lol. So far the support through these new guys has been surprisingly good, fast response and claims of parts a plenty. I do see alot of the manufacturers going to that head design and am hoping that interchangeability will be in my future.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Rosebud6

should i get:
AR6100 or AR6200 ?
Will be getting a DX7 to go with it.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Hati

should i get:
AR6100 or AR6200 ?
I would go fro the 6200, if not else for the fact that the two receivers work better then one.

On a different note, a rather stupid question, so don't laugh too hard The pitch curve in radios is the pitch of the rotor blade. Yes? Kinda cautious with assumptions these days
Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 AM
court461

ORIGINAL: Hati

should i get:
AR6100 or AR6200 ?
I would go fro the 6200, if not else for the fact that the two receivers work better then one.

On a different note, a rather stupid question, so don't laugh too hard The pitch curve in radios is the pitch of the rotor blade. Yes? Kinda cautious with assumptions these days
I have the 6100, but if I were buying today I would get the 6200. Just make sure you read the threads in the radio forums about the limitations of the 6100, before buying. With adequate power system and good Rx replacement, you should have no problems in the king. Most of the problems are in larger crafts. The way I look at it the extra receiver in the 6200 can't hurt.

Yes the pitch curve controls the pitch of the main blades. The numbers represent a place in the range. i.e. if you pitch curve range is 0-100 on your radio, and you have your heli mechanically set up for -10 to +10 pitch, then 0 on your radio would be -10, 50 would be 0 pitch and 100 would be +10 pitch.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Zimatosa

I just wanted to try and make some of you jealous! I ran 5 batteries through the King on Tuesday and 2 this morning at 8 am after dropping the kids at school. I went idle up for the first time ever! My heart skipped a beat thinking that it was going to be this big deal. Well, the only big deal was that my Kopter sank about 10 feet before I figured out the center point or steady hover. glad I was about 30' high b4 I tried....

Now for the one question of the day: In Idle-up 3D mode, should I have the Kopter set-up so when the throttle stick is at center the pitch is at 0 degrees? Or does that really even matter? My throttle stick was at about 65% at 0 degrees or steady hover.....

Thanks,Peace!

Z
Old 04-09-2008, 11:31 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Zimatosa

I just wanted to try and make some of you jealous! I ran 5 batteries through the King on Tuesday and 2 this morning at 8 am after dropping the kids at school. I went idle up for the first time ever! My heart skipped a beat thinking that it was going to be this big deal. Well, the only big deal was that my Kopter sank about 10 feet before I figured out the center point or steady hover. glad I was about 30' high b4 I tried....

Now for the one question of the day: In Idle-up 3D mode, should I have the Kopter set-up so when the throttle stick is at center the pitch is at 0 degrees? Or does that really even matter? My throttle stick was at about 65% at 0 degrees or steady hover.....

Thanks,Peace!

Z
Steady hover at 65% in idle-up....sounds good to me. Hint: Hold heli in hand and spool up to 60% and switch to idle-up. Then do full sweep of throttle to check power/thrust in the full up and full down. There should be enough thrust in full down to push really HARD on your hand.....so make sure you got a good grip on the sucker (LOL).
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
reel109

(Hi Guys,

Well tonite I installed the 43t pulley and belt from Xtreme. One thing I noticed is how much additional drag there seems to be on the head when I spin it by hand. Tried adjusting the belt tension but no improvement. I don't think the belt is rubbing anywhere, at least I don't see, feel, or hear it rubbing. The head itself is very free with no drag. Is this normal for the 43t pulley system?

Jim )

Well Guys,

Still having problems with the 43 tooth upgrade. I very carefully check the belt. It is not rubbing and not twisted. The tail is going in the correct direction. Maybe I am looking for problems that don't exist. The new belt is thicker and stiffer than the original so maybe it is just the belt I am feeling.

Did anyone else notice the same thing.

Jim
Old 04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
rcmiket

Ya I noticed the same thing when I installed the upgrade. Might loosen up after some use. I'm using the 450 tail blades and a Logitech 2100 gyro and was happy with the stock set up. I had the 43T on hand for awhile and decided to stick it on for grins. I don't have enough stick time on it yet to really see just how good it is. Mike
Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Rosebud6

ORIGINAL: reel109

(Hi Guys,

Well tonite I installed the 43t pulley and belt from Xtreme. One thing I noticed is how much additional drag there seems to be on the head when I spin it by hand. Tried adjusting the belt tension but no improvement. I don't think the belt is rubbing anywhere, at least I don't see, feel, or hear it rubbing. The head itself is very free with no drag. Is this normal for the 43t pulley system?

Jim )

Well Guys,

Still having problems with the 43 tooth upgrade. I very carefully check the belt. It is not rubbing and not twisted. The tail is going in the correct direction. Maybe I am looking for problems that don't exist. The new belt is thicker and stiffer than the original so maybe it is just the belt I am feeling.

Did anyone else notice the same thing.

Jim
I will check when i get home. I have a spare Airframe that still has everything stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.