Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 AM
eaterofdog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Sounds like a bad batch of plastic. If there is not enough plasticizer in the plastic, it will be unusually brittle.

I heard about a small batch of HXT900 servos with this issue in the case plastic. The tabs just crumble when you tighten the screws.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 AM
betapilot

You know, that is why I always qualify any statement I make about a products poor performance with "based on my experience". I could easily say that spektrum radios are lousy radios since I currently have 6 dx6i's and 4 dx7's on my repair shelf, and you don't want to know how many 6200 rx's I have replaced in the last 45 days, and this has been my experience with spektrum since the original dx6 came out, but I also realize that my experience may only count for 1% of all of the products they have sold so I feel it would be irresponsible to say they are not worth buying solely based on my experience when so many other people have had great luck with them and I have sold a ton of them with -0- issues.

I do still find it crazy though that you have ever had a canopy blow apart from rotorwash, I am wondering if it is that California sun getting to you or maybe some of the indigenous crops you surfer dudes grow out there, lol. Either way, the worst day flying is still better than the best day at work unless you're a pilot, lol.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Tommyjoking

eaterofdog thx for the tips.....I will look into increasing the travel at the slot as you mentioned. I also have the tail servo on the innermost hole (stock position) ...I will move it out if the travel at the tail will allow for it.

I am running 10 degrees of pitch travel on the mains....I feel like its underpowered....not hearing any obvious bogging but I really do not for a minute believe that the elf 4200 is running as fast as its rating at all....wish I had a laser tach!![:@] I might go up to an 11t and see if it will pull it.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

Nice eaterofdog funny that is almost exacly my bird. Even the same canopy. But I have a 3900 esky in it. Getting ready to change out the sg-90's for some hs-55's thought I trashed 2 of them in my last crash, Was trying to do aileron rolls in a gym didnt have enough power to pull out before I got to close to the edge of the air(read floor)
Nice looking birds. I have that canopy too (note my avatar). I used the stickers that came with it because I thought they might help with orientation. Not sure if they do or not. Anyway, how do you guys get SG-90's to fit? I had some for a plane and tried to make them fit but it seems like the shaft sticks out to far.

Chris
Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
eaterofdog

The SG 90s are some work to fit. It is best to convert the z bends to ball links and install the ball links on the bottom of the arms. There is only 1.5 mm of clearance between the front and back servos. There is 1 mm of clearance between the front arm and the motor. Everythingisthisclose.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 PM
betapilot

You can trim the mount tab on the aileron servos at the bottom, then use a 1mm spacer at the top between the anti-rotation guide and the servo. This will put your links at a slight angle but nothing major, but it will allow you to move the aileron servos back 1mm. Then you can trim the elevator servo mount tabs back 1mm which will allow once again the servo to be moved back for clearance. Then take Eaters advice and get a good set of ball links, I like the microheli myself.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:55 PM
chris1379

Thanks, guys. Might have to order some servos. Sorry about the avatar comment. That's on another site. I added my picture now but I don't think it shows in posts so here's a pic. BTW, I've had a few hard crashes with this canopy and all I've done is scratched it.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94403.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1035332  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
RC1K

I replaced the feathering shaft and the blades due to a small crash. Now the blades (balanced) would not track no matter the adjustments. One side would go from too high to too low and vise verse. The gap was about 12mm wide. Tried different blades but same problem.
Anybody know the cause and solution?
[:@]
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
crimsonrain22

Check your Seesaw holder it tends to break in a crash causing the problem. It breaks off at the screw and you cant tell till you take it out. Chased that one for a long time once till I found it.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Rosebud6

I'm using black CF blades and want to make them stand out visually a little. What would be best method? Paint ( if so what kind) or tape?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 AM
osterizer

I used vinyl 3M tape strips on each tip- one green, one yellow.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
reel109

Hi Guys,

I know this has been answered before so please excuse. I mounted my Telebee gyro with the label facing the tail. Is this ok, or should it be facing the side like the picture on post 5501? Does it even matter?

Jim
Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
joizeex

as long as the gyro sits on its side, it's fine. you can have it facing left, right, backwards or even forward (if it's mounted up front).
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
joizeex

would like to hear some ideas from you guys concerning the following:
i keep running into the same problem with my helis when flying outside, mostly when flying on cloudy day when it's not that bright out, or when it gets a lil far from me. if it's at an angle from nose-in or tail-in, my brain gets all weird on me and makes me think that it's facing in the opposite direction. so if say the heli is tail-in like this / then at one point my brain starts thinking that it's NOSE-in like this \. you know how there are drawings that look like 2 different things depending how you concentrate on them? same thing happens to me. that's one of the reasons i had a big crash on my nitro and almost crashed the king the other day. both times were in cloudy conditions where i see the silhouette, but not so much details. i think one of the solutions would be to get a bright canopy, but i was also thinking about some kind of red (left) and green (right) reflectors or something, that would stick out from the frame. those small LED kits are not big enough to see from further away during the day. what else can i do? it seems to be a major problem for me.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Crusader23

A bright colored canopy would be helpful. As far as tape, you can use reflective ones; however, if there's no light reflecting on them, then it's a moot point.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
hamid_fireage

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the esky FMS simulator software and looking for a cable that cope with the stock Tx. Please tell me what type of cable i should buy wich works with the 406A?
I read somewhere there is no cable available for the 406A and they work with the 404D and 406(stock Tx for the HBCP2).

Could you also explain me what the SOFT DOG is?

Thank you so much
Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 PM
warpnine

I think the cable you are looking for is one of these: http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...63020130d54fb0

I got the Esky Flight Simulator package that came with its own 0905A USB controller (about $20). The FMS software worked terrible on my system though (bad graphics, difficult to set up with the controller, etc.) so I got the $39 ClearView flight simulator software instead ( http://rcflightsim.com/download.html ). It worked with the Esky controller perfectly "right out of the box", supports photo-realistic helicopter and airplane models and flying fields. You can even easily create your own flying fields too, and download many free models for it. I have a very nice HBK2 model that I downloaded from one of the web sites listed on the ClearView home page. The $39 cost is a one-time charge, since then you get all future upgrades for free. It lets you fly it for about 5 minutes before you need to buy it, and definitely works better with a real controller - rather than trying to fly it with just the computer keyboard.

No idea what "SOFT DOG" is...

Hope this helps!

Dave
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
RC1K

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

Check your Seesaw holder it tends to break in a crash causing the problem. It breaks off at the screw and you cant tell till you take it out. Chased that one for a long time once till I found it.
crimsonrain22
Is this the part you are referring to? 1st pic or the 2nd pic?
Thanks
Attached Images   
Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 PM
crimsonrain22

Second Pick one in the middle the 2 center barbs like to break off of it flush with the bearings. The screws are way to short.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:40 PM
joizeex

ORIGINAL: Crusader23

A bright colored canopy would be helpful. As far as tape, you can use reflective ones; however, if there's no light reflecting on them, then it's a moot point.
yea but i was thinking more like those reflectors on bicycles, so i can mount one sticking out on each side. they collect light better than tape. i can't seem to find one that is reflective on both sides, in green.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Crusader23

ORIGINAL: joizeex
yea but i was thinking more like those reflectors on bicycles, so i can mount one sticking out on each side. they collect light better than tape. i can't seem to find one that is reflective on both sides, in green.
There's a bike store near the Deptford Mall. If my memory serves me correctly, it should be in the same shopping center as Staples. You can probably even clamp it on the tailboom.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
joizeex

oh nice, i'll see if i can find it, thanks.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
betapilot

I run red led's on the front of my heli and blue on the rear so I know if I am looking at red it is time to pay attention, I use the "flight lites" and they are really bright, you can see them clear across the high school football field almost from end zone to end zone. They also make a single spot that will light up your entire garage that you can run off of a switch on your tx (depending on tx) that will blind you if it is pointing at you, it will also help with orientation, or pre-mature blindness.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:04 PM
hamid_fireage

Thanks Dave,

I think i should buy a controller like what you bought, it worth to buy a 20$ package then buy a cable which may not work.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:58 PM
joizeex

ORIGINAL: betapilot

I run red led's on the front of my heli and blue on the rear so I know if I am looking at red it is time to pay attention, I use the "flight lites" and they are really bright, you can see them clear across the high school football field almost from end zone to end zone. They also make a single spot that will light up your entire garage that you can run off of a switch on your tx (depending on tx) that will blind you if it is pointing at you, it will also help with orientation, or pre-mature blindness.
no kidding? that's nice! you can see them that bright during the day?? i was looking at a 4 LED system before (red, green, white(top), yellow(tail)) and wasn't sure if it would be bright enough. i would totally install them on both helis. i'm kinda blind too lol i have slight myopia (nearsighted) in the right eye, and a noticeable myopia in the left. so basically i can't read exit signs on highways from further than 40 yards lol (GPS is my best friend). i can see cars and traffic lights and other cars just fine though, even at night. i just LOATH wearing glasses or contacts; tried each once or twice and couldn't stand it. i can see my helis, but i think because i can't make out finer details on them from certain distances, i get confused about where it's facing. you got any links to the real bright ones? if there are 4 LEDs, even better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.