Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 AM
betapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

I have been upgrading the V3's to the outrage head and have all of the sudden started doing a bunch of V2's with those heads also. Not the most expensive stuff but up there with microheli and dragonus as far as quality and performance. I personally fly with the stock head for the most part but when the head becomes too pliable and tolerances are just too great, I look for parts that I can not only use on my king, but parts that will carry over to whatever I buy next so I always have an upgraded bird. No one wants to spend a bunch of cash, especially now, but if you keep buying price parts your bird will never be what you want it to be, spend what it takes to buy the better parts and your bird will fly better, be more reliable and you will crash less due to the better control and performance. In the long run you will spend the same amount of cash, it is your flying experience that will be the variable.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 AM
funflier

After you get a after market head installed and it loosens up after a few flights you will see where it needs tweaked. Not a really big job but it does involve some cleaning of taped holes and cutting down longer bolts to fit properly (some bolts are just not long enough to support).
I have a lot of time on my hands and don't really mind it as the counterfit head when set up properly is NOTHING like a stock head at all. Bad side is you do this on a reaccuring basis. Locktiteing everything correctly is also important. Clean throughly and locktite the bolts and not the bearings is very important on the metal heads. If you want a really good swashplate you can opt for the Micro swashplate as its probably about the best one out there that drops right in and is about the same price as the Esky swash give or take a few $
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
goofyfoot

Anyone ever try this 450 size Sonix head? It appears pretty nice for the price and not a copy.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...NC-head/Detail

Thanks, not in a rush just checking out different scenarios.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
betapilot

its old style V2 (note the flybar cage) but sonix is great stuff, they are the same guys that do all of the cnc for HDX, tough to beat for that kind of cash.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 AM
funflier

Hey, thanks Rusty, you confirmed what I thought when I was looking at that head some time ago and something that someone on another forum hinted at.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
goofyfoot

Rusty, I appreciate your comments. When I first saw it I thought it had a quality look. The price is definitely within a reasonable budget. How it sets up may be another story.

Harry
Old 02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
joizeex

Rusty, how are those V3s? any significant differences? parts compatibility? what was improved? maybe you have another thread started on them...
i'm trying to pitch them to my friends, so i can get some flying buddies, but they are all b*tching about the economy and blah blah, eventhough they make more than me. seems like everyone's planning to sit indoors all summer and play videogames. LAME! [&:]
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 AM
funflier

bummer of playing vidio games if you crash them you don't get the thrill of putting the pieces in a Hefty Bag and sorting them out for salvage and repair
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
joizeex

that's the best part of this hobby!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
goofyfoot

ORIGINAL: betapilot

its old style V2 (note the flybar cage) but sonix is great stuff, they are the same guys that do all of the cnc for HDX, tough to beat for that kind of cash.
Got the head and it is "great stuff." I am very impressed with the look, feel and strength of the setup. There was one bad threaded link rod but I was able to get around it. I am going to try and get it into the heli today - will let you know how it works.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-v2-CNC/Detail
Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
betapilot

Hey guys, the V3 is really pretty much an entirely different heli, they improved some things and made others worse. The main frame for example is incredibly weak at the spars, it is designed to flex but it is just too thin and snaps easily, the vert fin at the tail is bound at the tail housing and definitely has to be remounted using an independent mount or the first crabbed landing you make it is toast. The motor is the 3900 b/l and weak like before and the gyro is a waste. These items are all I can pick apart on the new bird and I really put it to the test, the improvements far outweigh the cons and I am already in the mix on a frame upgrade and of course the others are just matters of grabbing upgraded parts that are already on the market. The tail boom is longer and 10mm in diameter and holds well and is much tougher, throw a CSM 200 on the bird and its tail is rock solid. The cool part is they kept the head close enough to the V2 to where in a pinch one can alternate the head parts fairly liberally and almost all of the aftermarket stuff for the v2 will work on the V3, of course at this point pretty much every 450 out there can share parts with the kings. I am currently running an outrage head and a scorpion 14.8 system on my new frankensteins and power and flight times are unreal, the performance of the bird is much closer to that of a 450 and the stability and quickness of the aircraft is superior in my opinion to anything you are going get in its class. I cannot wait for the arf kits to hit the market so I can get started on the custom builds!!!

On the threads, I know most of you know that pretty much every thread I start includes the title "tuner thread" and it would seem that someone out there has decided to snatch that title for their own thread which was pretty crappy in my book but none the less I intend to blend the conversation since many of the upgrades and mods can be carried over to both birds plus I feel it will be good for the V2 guys that are considering moving to the next bird. Most of us will end up with both the V2 and the V3 and it seems it would be easier to keep it all together than to hop from thread to thread looking for the right answers. If demand warrants I will start a new thread for the V3 and I guess call it the Betapilot V3 tuner thread, but I will let you guys make that decision for me, just let me know what works best for all of you.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
joizeex

thanks for that post Rusty. very good info. personally i won't have a problem with you starting a thread because you always make great contributions and have tried many variations and know what works well.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
hvacdaddy

Does anyone know of away to ck the gryo on a HBK2.. Mine has been working and all at once it stoped ,The servo works just fine.I can tap on the tail boom and the servo will jump,tap on top of gryo and servo jumps..What up anyone ??? Is the gyro dead? I am new a this so bare with me THANKS RAY
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
hvacdaddy

Looking for help with GRYO on HBK2
Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
goofyfoot

Does your gyro start blinking AFTER the start up sequence?

I think one or more of your servos is too far to one side or the other. Be sure your servos are centered as well as your controlls (except throttle which you want all the way down). This includes the trimmers.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
noobflyer01

your brake is turned on. turn on tx and throttle all the way up. plug in lipo and wait for tone. before tone finishes throttle all the way down. this will turn it off.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:19 PM
hvacdaddy

Yes it blinks and then just on
Old 02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
hvacdaddy

I am new at this Please ,I dont understand what you are saying
Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
hvacdaddy

are you still there
Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
hvacdaddy

I am trying this with motor unpluged???????
Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
hvacdaddy

Should I have motor pluged in ???
Old 02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
hvacdaddy

Should the motor be unpluged for this
Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
hvacdaddy

PLEASE HELP I THINK IT MAY BE THE BRAKE .I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS ONE PLEASE HELP
Old 02-28-2009, 06:31 PM
hvacdaddy

PLEASE HELP
Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM
hvacdaddy

please help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.