Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 AM
funflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

or the RC forum god hiccuped!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:38 AM
fairnot

Hi Goofyfoot, and everyone else!
I do not post much on here but do read alot, I have to ask where did you see a 401 gyro for only 36 dollars???
I use telebee TLB01 Gyro only! I have one on my king and 450 Just mount and set up reverseing correctly and done!!
Always wanted to get a 401 but at over 100 bucks.......maybe when I hit lotto...lol or if I can get them for 36 bucks!
OH! hey Rusty thanks for all the help again setting me up with the parts to go brushless, just one thing the motor (Z-powers 450# KV-3300) I'm getting better at my startups but I can not get a soft start (tried all settings Norm,Soft,V soft) is it because of the magnets being so far apart? ...will it get better?...I do not mind it, use to it now but when I fly my 450 I smile with that slow wind up, love the sound!! lol
Pluse it gives me time to look things over, settings on TX, blade tracking and such.
With the king ...get ready to fly! no look'in around it is better in the grass because it cant spin on me when it kicks in.
Again not a big deal but I may get a new motor this summer to try.

Hows it fly you ask?? well Rusty on my second battery outside for the first time I was landing it where I wanted! On the pool cover (ice) in the grass and on the driveway!! Thanks to most everyone on this site and you for the parts!!
I have to be careful though just starting to fly and do'in some moves I should'ent try for a few more batterys I just get excited when I realize I'm do'in it!!(RADDS school for fly'in NO TRAINNING GEAR)
I can tell you the hardest thing I found was to set up the DX6i But after do'in it once it all makes sense. (sometimes not so common)..lol
I'll send some pics sometime of my heli's some cool modes and tweaks.
Please advise on the motor Rusty,and where you can get that gyro for 36 bucks Goofyfoot

Thanks ALL!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
ScottVan

Aye carumba...I have the eSky HH gyro...what channel should that be plugged into? Stock eSky 6 channel radio here. Mine's acting up in HH mode but sorta ok in normal mode.

Thanks

ORIGINAL: Tommyjoking

goofyfoot does your tail servo move when you move the rudder on your RX??? If it does not then maybe check it for operation on one of the cyclic channels. The servo should plug into your (stock gyro) and the gyro should plug into your rx on the channel the manual states.....btw the stock gyro plugs into a different slot then a headlock gyro.

Once that little led on the gyro lights solid it takes very little side to side (spinning) movement to cause your servo to move...try turning up the gain pot....if you determine the gyro is bad. I totally agree with Kelownan, get a telebee headlock gyro, it made a WORLD of difference in my flying and confidence and you can get one for about $45.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
fairnot

Hey Norton,
I looked in the manual for ya on that one cause I replaced my gyro right off the bat with a Telebee.
It says ch 5 for headlock gyro and ch 4 for gyro....a good guess would be ch 5, hope that helps!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 AM
fairnot

Hey Azzir!
Did you get that king 3 ???
If so how is it???
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
goofyfoot

Fairnot,

I ended up getting the 401 for $36. It seems to work great. I read about it somewhere on the RC Universe forum where a lot of guys tested it and loved it. I only have about 30 minutes on it.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...o-G401B/Detail

It is obviously a Chinese knock off but at a fourth the cost something I am willing to try. I am using it with my stock 8g servo and it seems to be working well. I plugged the main lead into Channel 4 and what they call head lock sensor to channel 5.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
goofyfoot

Found the discussion about the 401B. It was not on this site but here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962227 I had googled 401 and came up with this discussion.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
osterizer

The problem is, it's not even a knockoff of the real GY401. They just named it, and some versions packaged it, to make you think it is. It's a low cost gyro and that's it, though it reportedly works well enough in its price range. I find the attempt to piggyback on the Futaba part's reputation distasteful, myself.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
goofyfoot

Osterizer,

I do agree with you, it is a bit distasteful, they should have named it somthing else. However, I have never used the Futaba gyro or even knew about it. All I learned was reading about this gyro in the discussions. I am a beginner and would never drop $130 for a gyro so getting this one did not cheat Futaba out of anything. This sounded like a good option when my stock unit proved to be dead. If I did not get this I would have purchased a Telebee.

I hope Futaba goes after them.

Here is another discussion group I found during reading the first discussion: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956825
Old 03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
osterizer

No doubt- to hear people tell, it works pretty well for the price.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
fairnot

OK that makes sense...Did not see the "B"
I also did not know there was a knock off, till I try the real thing I'll stick with my Telebee They seem to work great for me! and only 8 bucks more than what you spent on the "B" 401 knock off.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 AM
tank126

Newbie to forum,

I have a king 2 and would like to do some upgrades. I would like to get a HH gyro and am wondering if there is a brand that will work with the stock transmitter the 0406A model. Also considering upgrading my transmitter and servos. Considering a futaba! what model transmitter would work best for the king 2.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:35 AM
warpnine

Ditch the stock Tx! Hard to beat the Spektrum Dx6i for price and performance. It typically comes with a good Rx too for well under $200. Once you have that, you can get the Logictech 2100T HH gyro which can also be brought as a combo for about $150. Another great price performer too. Since some of these threads are vendor sensitive, PM me if you want details.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
betapilot

Stick with the futaba idea, not to dispute the fact that there are no cheaper radios than the speks that are worth any salt but the futaba's are flawless workhorses and in my opinion the most reliable radios on the market. Pretty much everything Futaba puts together is solid, I would go with the 7c or if you are like me and don't believe 2.4 is the end all be all then go with the 7chp and save a couple of bucks. I fly with the 7chp and a JR 7202 scanselect and both are excellent radios and short of a "fly in" or flying around high wires I have yet to experience enough interference to warrant 2.4 in my area but it really depends on where you fly that will make the difference.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
joizeex

like betapilot, i too don't believe that 2.4 is the end all, so i'm using that trusty 7CHP with both helis in PPM mode (HBK needs PPM because i'm using the Esky Rx and Evo50 needs PPM because it uses FMA FS8 receiver/copilot that actually locks on to the specific Tx when it's powered on and will not recognize any other, even if on the same channel). Actually, PPM will help umask any jittering due interference of battery and wires and metal parts of your heli, other methods of transmission will only mask them.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
1morecrash

Hello.
I cant figure this out. I have the 2.4 HBK2. it flyes good . not perfect but good
enough where it hovers well and such. with the stock GYRO.
I also have a G401B, gyro that I've been trying to make work.
with no luck at all, I have the instructions, running a futaba digital tail servo.
I have theG401 set for the digital servo. and it works correctly.
problem is I get a lot of tail wag when the G401B is installed.
but not when the stocker is back on.
what do I need for this Gyro.. A new Radio?
I hate to spend 200 bucks more on this my first learning Heli.
thanks for any help.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Azzir325

I'm no expert, but isn't there a "gain" adjustment on that 401? Turn it down a bit and the tail should tame down.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
1morecrash

nope there is only a delay trimmer and limit trimer.
and according to the instructions they both are on 0 cause Im using a digital servo.
if I put the delay up a bit servo gets hot.
I already burnt a Hitec servo, and a Esky digital servo on this gyro.
sucks but I may need a good radio. I guess.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Azzir325

Sorry. Most of the guys I know who are using 401's have them on big helis (30, 60, 90 and gassers) with the full size servos, and they are also advanced users with computer radios. If I was you. I'd just go back to the stock and save the 401 for the future. Good luck
Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
goofyfoot

ORIGINAL: 1morecrash

Hello.
I cant figure this out. I have the 2.4 HBK2. it flyes good . not perfect but good
enough where it hovers well and such. with the stock GYRO.
I also have a G401B, gyro that I've been trying to make work.
with no luck at all, I have the instructions, running a futaba digital tail servo.
I have theG401 set for the digital servo. and it works correctly.
problem is I get a lot of tail wag when the G401B is installed.
but not when the stocker is back on.
what do I need for this Gyro.. A new Radio?
I hate to spend 200 bucks more on this my first learning Heli.
thanks for any help.

I am running the G401B with the stock servo and it works great. One thing you might want to check is the switch needs to set to reverse if yours is on the stock mounting plate, behind the head. On my unit I am running the limit at 100 and the delay at 75 with the DS off. It is rock solid. I have also order and Esky 508 digital servo just to try each.

I doubt you need a new radio.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
betapilot

First thing - you are not spending $200 on a beginner heli, you are spending $200 on a new helicopter radio which can be used to fly many other helis as well and will not be proprietary to just your king. If you do it right, your motor/esc, servos, and gyro will be the same way. I have had an electronics set-up that has been passed around like Madonna at a Lakers game, it has been on over a dozen different helis and will actually go on the new version beam when it gets here and after testing on the beam will go on the next testor heli I get. Buy electronics that will last, buy quality and in the long run you will save money over buying lesser quality and having to replace it all the time, as we progress we all end up with the good stuff anyway, the question is how much will you spend on subpar equipment in the interim. You can only fly one bird at a time and when the king is used up and you move to a different bird just throw the stock stuff back on the king and use it as a second and still have two birds to fly but only spending money on one set of equipment.

Secondly, are you talking about the actual futaba 401 gyro or the spin-off clone? Most of the time the limit/trim gyros that have no actual gain setting on them physically have the gain settings programmed into the radio or use radio programming to achieve gain settings and the trim is used similar to the trim on the cyclic and the limit is used to literally limit the servos throw. If you do not have the radio with the gain programming you may not be able to get rid of the wag through adjustment of the gyro, you may have to go to hard adjustments like moving the tail rod link down a hole or two on the servo arm. Also try improving the limit, allowing the servo to travel farther thus reducing the erratic behavior of the servo, this should help not only the wag but also the heat problem. I do not know that this will be a cure all since I know that esky is having nothing but bad luck with those 2.4 systems but give it a try and let us know the results.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
fairnot

Hey Rusty My guess is you did not see my qustion near the bottom of page 238?
Just look'in for an opinion on the way the motor starts up, magnets?? thats my guess....

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
betapilot

Ah, the ole hide a question in a statement ploy, I missed it entirely, lol. Hard start/soft start has less to do with the motor than the esc.. Which esc are you using and is it going into programming mode okay? I have however had several of the tonics with really tight bearings, they seemed to work well and loosen up after a few flights. Let me know on the esc and the programming and we will go from there.
Thanks buddy and sorry I missed your post.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
fairnot

Rusty I'm the guy that you sent the parts to...(forgot the pinoins had a bad program card etc...lol)
I thought about the ESC but it progams fine(with the good card) was think'in it may be the motor only cause I read somewhere with wider spread magnets it can cause a jump"E" start.
Its a 30A hobbywing w/ubec and as I said programs fine.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
betapilot

I have noticed that the tonics do have a rougher ramp than some other motors and on a bird as lite as the king it could be a little jerky. How does it fly? Is it real abrupt? If you think you may want to try another motor to see if that one is faulty buddy just let me know and I can get you fixed up. Keep me posted, also shoot me some information on the battery and esc temps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.