Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help on Honey Bee FP setup

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Help on Honey Bee FP setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
restinpieces

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help on Honey Bee FP setup

thanks bladekiller, i,ll try the bubble level. someone acually makes a swash leveling tool that looks like a horseshoe with 2 viles on it for front to back and side to side but i think it,s to big for a micro heli. i guess you could find an old torpedo level, the little 8 inch kind, that you don,t want anymore and take a vile out of it. but i,m still not sure if that would be small enough. i do know that a level swash will make a HUGE differance. my experience has been mostly the opposite. ( NO--NO--NO--WAIT--WAIT--OH MAN[&o][&o])
Old 07-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Hueyguy

Blade,

Carried out the battery carrier mod like you said & it worked like a charm - C of G is now right on the money! Been frustrated not being able to fly with all the wind we have been getting lately. Wind dropped to about 5/8 mph today so I gave the heli a whirl, bad move! All ok for about 5 mins, semi stable ( it was dancing around a bit!) hover at about 3ft then the wind picked up & I wasn't fast enough to correct & the heli hit a stone garden ornament. Main rotors popped off, soon put them back on but one of the ring like push rods had bought the farm. Tried flying it with just one & whilst it was ok I've ordered a couple of packs of them, I have a feeling I'm going to need them! Have fun.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:18 PM
KCinNC

ORIGINAL: maxtheknife

It's pretty simple, really. I just take a short piece of wire and bend it around the paddle frame where the ball broke off and then slip both ends of wire through the linkage eye. Then I bend each wire horizontally (one left, one right) so the linkage eye will have plenty of up/down travel without restriction. It takes a bit to get it right the first time, but after that it's pretty easy. If the linkage is restricted, just unbend the wires a bit on each side till it moves freely.

max, wouldn't happen to have a pic would you ?? this is good info man
Old 08-04-2007, 02:11 AM
blade_killer

Hueyguy, I break that damn ball off the rotor head every time I replace it and just one ring like pushrod left to one side, I fly it like that anyway, doesn't seem to make much difference and the rotor head pops off rather then break so I only use one. I would love to see a CNC rotor head and a CNC flybar paddle control frame....

I was hovering mine today in the living room, about a 5'x5' space and was doing pretty good untill my daughter bumped me from behind and I lost concentration. Nothing broke but the heli dropped like a rock when I dropped the throttle, sheesh, kids

I tried a pirouette while hovering and the heli lost altitude so fast it just thumped to the ground (bout 4' up), I guess thats normal I don't know, I suppose more throttle is required when doing a pirouette to counter the lost of altitude?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Hueyguy

Blade, re the pirouette. If the direction of the pirouette is anti clockwise the heli will decelerate - if the pirouette is clockwise the heli will accelerate. That's the theory anyway - works that way on a real Huey UH-1, I haven't progressed that far on the Honey Bee yet! The spare parts have arrived so I'll go & fix the darned thing. Good luck with the manoeuvres!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 AM
maxtheknife

I would love to post a pic if I knew how KCinNC. I clicked the link at the bottom of the text window and nothing happens. Heh. It's a good pic too. I could email it to you if you'll PM me your addy. Sorry about that.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
maxtheknife

Well, I guess I figured out that the problem was my browser. Firefox saved the day so here's that pic KCinNC.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97372.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	735416  
Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 PM
KCinNC

thanks man...i copied that pic to use down the road as a reference...hope that's cool
Old 08-04-2007, 11:57 PM
maxtheknife

It's absolutely cool. I hope you have the same luck I've had with that mod. It sure saves money and time. I think on the next mod I'll try bending the wires up and down and see how that goes for flexibility. That's a good pic, ain't it? my new litttle camera does macro shots real well.