Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

HBK2 Servo Travel - short?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 Servo Travel - short?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:49 AM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBK2 Servo Travel - short?

Ok, need some advice here, it might just be my imagination, who knows.

Will post video soon of the Maiden Voyage, the HBK2 is amazing so far, it's easily the most stable micro I've ever flown, I was truly astounded to see how rock steady it is in the air with the standard gyro.

I have a small concern though, and it may be simple because my CCPM experience is limited to a CPP and a 450se.

The King does not seem to have super-responsive roll rates, which scares me a little for any type of 3D flying. I moved the flybar weights all the way into the center, and it seemed to help a little, but I'm a little leary to change the servo horns, as that modification only made slight improvements to the CPP and resulted in a lot of extra work in trimming and balancing, etc.

Perhaps I was just not getting on the stick enough, it could all be in my head I guess. Has anyone else noticed a slow roll rate on this bird? I'm sure if it's truly slow I will find a way to improve it, just curious if anyone else noticed the same.

Again, let me say - this bird ROCKS. It is so much less squirrely than my CPP. Also, I think I remember someone saying you can use Trex tail blades on this thing? Is it a bolt on mod? I may be doing that tomorrow.

Image: The HBK2 takes it's place on the shelf/hangar. Rightfully earned. I may actually move it over to the shelf that has the SV27 and the Trex.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88446.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	734741