Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

RTF Honey Bee King II Not responding (Transmitter problems?) HELP PLZ :'(

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

RTF Honey Bee King II Not responding (Transmitter problems?) HELP PLZ :'(

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 PM
tbaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RTF Honey Bee King II Not responding (Transmitter problems?) HELP PLZ :'(

C2, shipping might kill ya' to Hong Kong.. My Esky transmitters never exhibited any problems when being jarred. I think if I were you , I would look a little more into that. Maybe the stock batteries were crap. Maybe something is loose in your battery compartment on the transmitter. My batteries fit in tight. The battery cover on the otherhand does not snap in as tightly as I would like, so I put a little clear packing tape on the cover once latched closed.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 PM
c2ironfist

Default RE: RTF Honey Bee King II Not responding (Transmitter problems?) HELP PLZ :'(

The only problem I had at first was installing the AA batteries.

I clicked it on and I noticed that the lights were showing, I then opened up the battery cover and I started moving the batteries a bit and it worked.
Aside from that it has always turned on since. However though, I'm aware of the amount of extra room in the battery area. The batteries fit nice and tight, but I'm worried that maybe possibly if it ever fell or received a slight shock the batteries have enough room to move and may slip out allowing you to lose control of your heli while flying.

I don't think this is a big deal but I just wanted to put out a word of cation to everyone. As long as your careful I think it should be fine though.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

I have forgot to turn on brain before.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Plugged in heli to lipo before turning on the TX.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Blades come alive stop and start as I dive for the TX.[X(]
The thing to remember is that this RX is in a RTF heli that cost $165 + or -
It is not like the RX that came with my $300 JR Radio
The cheap RX will pick up stray signals unless it is in range of and in contact with the TX that is telling it that the throttle is in the wrong or right position to arm.
On a high grade RX it is looking for a much more complicated signal so it is a little safer when TX is not on or looses signal.
You would never want to put this RX in a Trex (bigger heli bigger bite)
This is just my understanding and others may want to add or enlighten us all Further .

Wow I ether need to quote or make sure the is not a second page, this moved fast to day.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:06 PM
PaulG-RC

I agree, and even if my E-Sky radio now works well I will still attemp to use my JR9303 and the help of a friend expert Heli 3D and user of JR too

I just dont feel at ease with that radio.[]
Old 08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: c2ironfist

The only problem I had at first was installing the AA batteries.

I clicked it on and I noticed that the lights were showing, I then opened up the battery cover and I started moving the batteries a bit and it worked.
Aside from that it has always turned on since. However though, I'm aware of the amount of extra room in the battery area. The batteries fit nice and tight, but I'm worried that maybe possibly if it ever fell or received a slight shock the batteries have enough room to move and may slip out allowing you to lose control of your heli while flying.

I don't think this is a big deal but I just wanted to put out a word of cation to everyone. As long as your careful I think it should be fine though.
Take the battery cover off your TX take out batteries. Now look at the connections on the ones that touch the negative side of the batteries they are just little metal tabs. Take a screw driver and bend them out just a little bit (don’t get crazy and break them off) but just enough to add a little more presser against the batteries.

Shipping for Parts from JAG are like $3.00 he is in US.
He did me right
Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 AM
PaulG-RC

Just came in from trying my setup on the HBK2 with my JR9303 but the wind was already picking up fast but still was able to do some fine tuning at least on rudder and pitch nose in.

I was also usin a 2100 mah LiPo and the CG was much better then the supplied battery. Another thing to be concerned about because the handling was really better.

That little heli is really smooth, but I'm still a biginner in Heli just been flying the Lama v4 for about 3 months now but doing very well so I thought I would try the HBK2 [img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34779.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	745056  
Old 08-19-2007, 10:28 AM
c2ironfist

Thats a nice looking Transmitter

I think when I start upgrading my HBKII I'll find a good transmitter to go with it.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PaulG-RC

Just came in from trying my setup on the HBK2 with my JR9303 but the wind was already picking up fast but still was able to do some fine tuning at least on rudder and pitch nose in.

I was also usin a 2100 mah LiPo and the CG was much better then the supplied battery. Another thing to be concerned about because the handling was really better.

That little heli is really smooth, but I'm still a biginner in Heli just been flying the Lama v4 for about 3 months now but doing very well so I thought I would try the HBK2 [img][/img]
Paul............ looking at your picture I see the possibility that your flybar paddles are way off. It may just be the angle of the camera but it looks like they are not in line with the paddle control holders. You may want to check that out and get those perfectly in line. If one is just a little off it will create the golly wobbles (soloboss's term) in the head and make the heli harder to fly................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
PaulG-RC

Thank you I did notice it before I flew ,the picture was before the flight, I had changed the flybar and I guess did not pay attention to it.

One thing I did notice is that the control bars for the paddles are not perfectly straight they have a slight down angle and cannot be adjusted .
From some pictures I see they seem to be set like that. [:-]
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
c2ironfist

The bar that holds my paddles arent perfectly straight on mine either. There is a slight curve.

The bar was like that when I got it. I'm not sure but is this normal for the bar to be slightly curved a bit?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
ezveedub

No, the flybar needs to be straight. The flybar paddles also need to be level with the swashplate. Level the swashplate and look at the flybar. It should be straight & the paddles should be flat also. They have a tendency to move or rotate during crashes.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:13 AM
c2ironfist

so your saying I have to replace my flybar?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
ezveedub

If its not straight, yes. This bar is what makes the helicopter move. The flybar paddles attached move with the swashplate movement and direct the air for your heli to movearound. If ist bent, the paddles will not direct the air in the same directions, making the heli off balance and unstable.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
PaulG-RC

As for me when I mention that the bars were down slightly I mean the little arms that control the pitch of the flybar.

Anyway I was out in the parc fine tuning it and going very well and after about 10 min of power on 2 battery the motor is burnt, there was lots of coper powder all over the motor and servos and all.
I had a Acro 280 BB and installed it and now its fantastic and that one I can change the brushes when time comes.
Now I'm adjusting the Pitch and throttle curves, kind of fun to do.

When did the motor burn so fast well not shure but I suspect that maybe I had way too much pitch at a lower RPM and the motor was having a hard time.

Brusheless will be the next step.