Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:47 AM
bionicbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

ORIGINAL: shamama

that is the way its on now but it doesnt seem like i have both modes single and hh.
Did you get it sorted?
My set up is, main connection with 3 wires to RUD, Yellow wire to GEAR (yellow in line with white wires).
DX6 GYRO setting: 0=25% (red LED on GYRO), 1=75% (Green LED on GYRO)
If you alter this setting while powerred up you will see the gyro change mode (watch LED) as you go over 50%
Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 AM
phillyD

Hey Bionic
What type of gyro are you using. Just for info.
Cheers
Old 12-18-2008, 10:41 AM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Hey Bionic
What type of gyro are you using. Just for info.
Cheers
Align RCE600
Old 12-19-2008, 12:36 AM
shamama

hay Bionic my gyro does not change color it is a stedy blue.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 AM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: shamama

hay Bionic my gyro does not change color it is a stedy blue.
Ah, yours is the RCE500 where as mine is the RCE600 so its not quite the same.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 AM
bionicbone

OK so I'm getting bored with the festive season now, the parcel containing all my repair bits and pieces is held up in all the extra post. Its just not funny !! [:@]

It's going to be lonely this christmas without my helicoptor by my side ..... it's got to be a no.1 hit as this

Sorry... off topic
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Hornet05

ORIGINAL: bionicbone

OK so I'm getting bored with the festive season now, the parcel containing all my repair bits and pieces is held up in all the extra post. Its just not funny !! [:@]

It's going to be lonely this christmas without my helicoptor by my side ..... it's got to be a no.1 hit as this

Sorry... off topic
Speaking of "Off Topic" you got any places in the UK that sell Concept 30 parts? seems the UK is the only place selling them.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
creteus

Ahhhhh back in one piece.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85267.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1092674  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: Hornet05
Speaking of "Off Topic" you got any places in the UK that sell Concept 30 parts? seems the UK is the only place selling them.
I've checked out the two companies i've used before that are based in the uk and both dont seem to do parts for that.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:14 PM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: creteus

Ahhhhh back in one piece.
Much better than the last photo. Looks great!!

Bill
Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
creteus

I wish it still wish it looked like that. I took it out and was trimming the TX and flew about half the battery and for no reason from 5 foot up it went straght in the dirt. I mean it was so fast I didn't even have time to go full +pitch. We are having a few wind gusts today so all I can think is that the wind hit it just right.[&o]. Mains bent for sure. The feathering shaft looks straight, but I have my doubts, the boom is bent and one of the blades dug into the horizonal fin. The wierd thing is the blades are probably still flyable.

Billmay, do you know of any other feathering shafts that will fit the xmseller head? Does the trex fit?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12653.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1092711  
Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
phillyD

Hey Creteus
That is sad bro[&:][][&o]. What esc are you using? I would still be wary of the hobbywing with the heat sink inder the covering. Hovering at that height generates a lot of heat. I think also you will need to set your pitch settings like mine for thos winds bro. You will need more than 25% throttle at the second stick position to deal with those wind gust(31% for me); also you will need just over 50%(52% for me) pitch at the second stick position. You'll need head speed to have control. We discussed that in earlier threads. I have never been presented with an opportunity to fly with wind gust under 14mph. Please try those settings.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:04 PM
joe1
My Feedback: (9)

The cheap way witout buying a depth guage is to take a tooth pick or something small enough to reach through the mont until it touchs the windings and put a mark out the tooth pick or whatever, measure the length and take 3 to 4 mm off it for your screw length.
joe1

ORIGINAL: kennyt

ORIGINAL: starterheli

Chris6414 or Anybody knows what the length of the proper Motor Mount Screw that should be used. I got my Belt CP two months ago and haven't spooled it up but three times, and figured I would check the screws. Mine is the RTF Belt CP the screws are black and I suspect their probably to long so I'm pulling them to check the winding. I'll probably space them with a washer but I belive it would be helpfully for folks to know what the lenght of the ones they sent you were on the replacement. Great Post it my have just saved me a Motor & Esc.

It seems people like me who has bought one and hasn't run them much hasn't developed this problem yet. Theres no telling how many there is out there that won't know untill it's to late.

I love this forum.

i dont know the length of the motor mount screws but i went ahead and filed them down today after reading about shorting problems on this forum. before filing them down, i did have 10 successful flights (10-15 mins each). it was mostly as a precautionary measure that i filed them down. i looked inside before shortening the screws and it did not seem to be rubbing on the internal wiring (luckily)- but better safe than sorry.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
billmay

Billmay, do you know of any other feathering shafts that will fit the xmseller head? Does the trex fit?
Sorry to hear about the accident. Don't know if the TREX feathering shaft will fit (but I don't think so). I've always gotten pretty quick responses from Cncheli so you might want to email them. I just installed the $40 upgrade to use the 4mm feathering shafts (vs. 3mm standard) and it really improved blade tracking in addition to hopefully being more durable.

Bill
Old 12-19-2008, 09:00 PM
joe1
My Feedback: (9)

Druss, the next time you what to mess with the E-Flight site, tell them that the Horizon products still come from china, so they are making big profits and still paying their enployee's cheap wages and the insurance they offer to them is half of what they make in a month.
I had two hobby shops in the town I just moved from, and their products had a 150% mark up and must of the time they order the products from the same online companies we buy from at a whole hell of lot less, plus they did not know crap about the products they sold .
Needless to say they are both out of business .

joe1
Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
creteus

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Hey Creteus
That is sad bro[&:][][&o]. What esc are you using? I would still be wary of the hobbywing with the heat sink inder the covering. Hovering at that height generates a lot of heat. I think also you will need to set your pitch settings like mine for thos winds bro. You will need more than 25% throttle at the second stick position to deal with those wind gust(31% for me); also you will need just over 50%(52% for me) pitch at the second stick position. You'll need head speed to have control. We discussed that in earlier threads. I have never been presented with an opportunity to fly with wind gust under 14mph. Please try those settings.

ESC was running good, its a hobbywing clone 30A. I was in idle up and it went down like I hit full negitive. Had my finger on the throttle hold switch right when it hit I flipped the switch and saved the gear. I did some hard climbs and full negitve decents and it was flawless. When it was hovering there were no power fluctuations. It went down like someone dropped a car on it[X(]
Old 12-19-2008, 10:07 PM
phillyD

Hey Creteus
If I remember right some esc have over heating protection and will shut down. Dunno if the clone got you-bad quality.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
creteus

It was at 100% when it hit. Nothing was hot. Even if it shut off completely at 5 feet I could auto down. I'm wondering if it was a glitch in the reciver. I dont know much about the 2.4Ghz systems so I can't really say that for sure. I know how wind will send you up then drop you, but this was a whole new thing. If was one of those happenings that leaves you sayin W.T.F was that[X(]. Who knows. I have everything to fix, but the feathering shaft. But wait I have a whole stock head assembly from the old belt. There may be some stick time this weekend after all
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 PM
hobbynutt

Hi,all got a question about the Tx you get with the RTF bird. Gyro switch, what does it do ? Where is inverted flight switch and its function ? The esky book is kind of scant on real info !
Old 12-20-2008, 12:41 AM
phillyD

Hey hobbynutt
The gyro switch activates heading hold mode in heading hold gyros. The inverted flight switch is the switch to the back of the transmitter on the left hand side. In the book it is named idel-it should be idle. this switch allows you to get full negative pitch(-10 degrees), so you can fly upsided down.
Cheers
Old 12-20-2008, 07:44 AM
hobbynutt

THANKS FOR THE INFO,PHILLY. I DONT HAVE A HH GYRO, SO THAT SWITCH WONT WORK. I STILL NEED TO BREAK THE ICE ON THIS BIRD !
NEED TO MOVE THE MOTOR GEAR DOWN TO LINE UP WITH THE MAIN GEAR.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:32 AM
USHobbySupply

I occasionally have stock of those, but am out right now. Trying to find a good supplier of those in china, my one guy said he could do it, but then said no. Still loooooking.

Michael
Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
billmay

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

I occasionally have stock of those, but am out right now. Trying to find a good supplier of those in china, my one guy said he could do it, but then said no. Still loooooking.

Michael
I kind of assumed that he was looking for a local supplier. He can order them online directly from Cncheli/xmseller and Helidirect also carries them under their HDX brand.

Bill
Old 12-20-2008, 05:56 PM
R.C.Lovett

I have a question about the 2100T Logictech Gyro. Does anyone know why the stick for the rudder doesn't work over the full range when using the stock Belt CP radio? I've tried the servo that the 2100T came with and the stock CP servo and switched to the correct type of servo on the 2100T settings. I can set the limits just fine while setting the servo limits and the rudder stick works over the full range of movement while doing that, but after the settings are done, the stick moves the servo through full range with only about half of the sticks physical full range. Even if I set the limits with the stick all the way in both directions once the setting is saved it goes full range with only 50% stick movement. If I bypass the gyro everything is normal.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:13 PM
phillyD

Rc Lovett
You will have some issues like that using the stock radio.

If you are geting full servo movement with half stick movement, you will have to work with it like that. At least you are getting full servo travel; so you'll have to get accostomed to small rudder stick movement while getting full response.

How do you bypass the gyro.

Seems strange; and the servo still works. Spool up carefully and see what response you are getting. Do not use the stock servo or you'll get spinning; at least that is what happened to me.

I don't think you issues are over using the stock TX.
Let me know what happens. I am using the Logictec.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.