Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

So your saying pull the pinion and install another with a set screw so I can adjust it? I also found that the antenna on the Rx is NOT soldiered on. It had some hot glue on the board. So I guess I'll be looking to buy a new Rx.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 AM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

So your saying pull the pinion and install another with a set screw so I can adjust it? I also found that the antenna on the Rx is NOT soldiered on. It had some hot glue on the board. So I guess I'll be looking to buy a new Rx.
No, just gently pull it down the shaft a bit until it lines up with the gear. Mine was a bit stiff, but once it "cracked" it started moving more easily but still would not move on its own without the puller.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM
joeyhatch11

Oh hahaha thanks man I'm going to try that now before I go back out.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 PM
joeyhatch11

WOW perfect thanks again.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:10 PM
phillyD

Hey Bionic
You are really helping out with these posts. Good job on the flying progression. I've been busy after I succombed to one and a half years pressure and is now finishing up a Gaui 550. I have forgotten how to fly. I tried nose in 2 weeks ago and I am rusty. Anyway back to spin and spin back; hold longer and longer. I saw where you said(or Kiwi) that you never crashed using that method.
Cheers
Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 PM
joeyhatch11

update: No good, pinion cracked and is now junk. Luckly I was only in a hover, no damage.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:02 AM
bionicbone

Ouch: After flying in idle up on second battery with not much rest in between the two flights, I started suffering what I felt were power fluctuations. My new skills got me low enough to ditch into some long grass with just a bent feathering shaft. There was also a ball joint that had come unscrewed from the swash plate, thread seems ok so I’m thinking it was not pulled out in the crash but just became unscrewed during flight. Could the power fluctuations actually be harsh pitch changes? It seemed a little stable to be this – at least at first. I could get her to hover but she just kept going up and down just like in heavy winds, she only tilted harsh left once just before I ditched (the reason why I decided to abort the landing attempt on hard ground and ditch instead!!). I recovered, flicked back to normal mode as I thought this may help cool down the electrics a bit, I got low – just above the grass tops and flicked the throttle hold switch to cut the motor. All in all I was pleased with my calm responses but just left curious yet again to what went wrong.

In case this was a heat issue (I remember Bill making clear he was using the settings on the Trex Clone (diff motor and head), I have reduced my mixing to get -8.5 to + 8.5 and reduced the throttle curve to 95 90 85 90 95. Although in all honesty nothing seemed that hot. I’ve also changed batteries in the DX6i and I intend to mount the Hobbywing 40A ESC so that air can cycle around the back.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:09 AM
bionicbone

Hey Philly, nice to hear from you. Is the Gaui 550 yours? WOW. I can see me going for something bigger.
It’s the first time I looked at one of them, I'm trying not to look at “other things” until I can afford to go down that route. I'm impressed about using two 11.1v bats in series, this means you already got them!! I had a quick look at the rex 600 but then seen price of batteries and thought I'd not bother LOL.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 AM
bionicbone

Joey, sorry to hear you had a problem but glad to hear to did not suffer any damage. Did you get a puller?
It is the correct way to move the pinion gear so I can't think what went wrong.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 AM
joeyhatch11

I dont have a puller. I just used a small flat head screw driver and applied preasure to the pinion to get it to slide down a bit. It only had tom come down about 2mm. Leaving it the way it was, was slowly eating up my main gear. Which now I think I'm going to replace. I talked to Mike from ushobbysupply and I have some new pinions on the way. Good thing is, they are the ones with the set screw. i dont have to worry about pressing them on or second guessing it they were done tight enough. It just sucks though because I was doing so good yesterday and today is going to be even nicer. O well, guess I'll take the motorcycle out to the beach or something. Going to be down and out till at least wednesday now.

But to cheer myself up, I ordered a nice heli bag from H.K. yesterday too hahaha. It'll hold the heli, Tx, 12 lipos, tools and charger. And it was only $28 shipped.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 AM
bionicbone

Hey joey, let me know what you think to the bag. I need something similar myself. Fancy one of these but $$$$ - about 70 i think that works out at.
[link]http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=26045[/link]
Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 AM
joeyhatch11

I like the aluminum case idea. I was thinking of getting one myself but it seems the bags tend to have more space. With a bag everyones says you can get EVERYTHING in it. Alot of the cases you can get the Heli, Tx, lipos and maybe some tools.

Here's a link to the bag I really wanted.
http://www.helidirect.com/mini-heli-...450-p-4977.hdx

And here is the one I got out of H.K.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230337327364

it even has zippers on the inside for more tools/whatever. Hahaha I dont think it'll be all that bad.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM
bionicbone

Joey, I think the one you ordered looks better, more pockets to keep them batteries away from the tools. Serious interested in one of them. Let me know quality and how you rate it when it arrives.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:26 AM
phillyD

Hey Bionic
Yea, built for me this time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44227.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1226269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82822.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1226270  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
bionicbone

Oh WoW Man, you lucky guy. Have you flown it yet?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 PM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

I like the aluminum case idea. I was thinking of getting one myself but it seems the bags tend to have more space. With a bag everyones says you can get EVERYTHING in it. Alot of the cases you can get the Heli, Tx, lipos and maybe some tools.

Here's a link to the bag I really wanted.
http://www.helidirect.com/mini-heli-...450-p-4977.hdx

And here is the one I got out of H.K.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230337327364

it even has zippers on the inside for more tools/whatever. Hahaha I dont think it'll be all that bad.
I have the first bag you linked to from Helidirect and it's a nice bag for local use. It has stiffeners that slide into all four sides and the top and bottom of the main compartment to protect the heli plus two large end pockets.Obviously not as sturdy as an Al case but great for local driving to a flying field.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
billmay

Kev, could your altitude fluctuations (and eventual left tilt) have been caused by the swash ball link that came loose????
Old 06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
phillyD

Hey Bionic
Flew it for the first time today. It was mainly a lot of gyro setting, trimming and messing with the pitch curve, throttle curve and temp testing of the esc; also the batteries are new and it is recommended you break them in to avoid puffing-no more than 3 minutes flight for 5 cycles. I don't want to comment on stability now, until it is perfectly dialled in, so I can see the best it could be.

Oh Bill the 401B gyro is very sensitive..or I should not make that statment as I would have to put it on the belt to make a proper comparison. Started out with the belt throttle and pitch curve and I had to drop the gyro gain down to 69%, to stop tail wag. My gain settings for my daytime belt(with the 401) is 72% and with the align 750 gyro is 70%

Vid to follow on Friday night(holiday here) the latest.
Cheers
Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 AM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: billmay

Kev, could your altitude fluctuations (and eventual left tilt) have been caused by the swash ball link that came loose????
Could be yes, I can see the logic of the harsh left. I'm unsure if this would cause the altitude fluctuations though, I just don’t have any knowledge or experience of this happening before.

I once had one of the fly bar arms come apart in flight, that made the heli difficult to gain a stable hover (side to side thing). It was possible to do a normal landing though.

I'm thinking about getting that head like yours (7075 version), I'm still running on the HK Purple swash and wash out. They are very worn now with lots of slop. As with us all though I feel I've spent too much lately, maybe just one last part.....
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Hey Bionic
Yea, built for me this time.
Looks great Phillyd ...... looking at getting a 50 nitro myself .... these "new" 'Klone 50 Se' heli's have caught my eye somewhat (basically a raptor with eCCPM added to it) ..... just gotta sell a couple of older hobies of mine first (once back home from this work trip) ........ mainly to keep myself out of the divorce court!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 AM
joeyhatch11

Can someone school me on Scorpion Motors real quick. I'm looking for something better/smoother than the stock Belt CP V2 motor. I've read a couple of you guys talking about them and I'm seeing them in the Heli mgas now. But when I was on there web site I couldn't find one that was listed for 400-450 size helis, only 500 or even ones for gassers to get converted. Can someone post a link or get me caught up with brushless motors for my CP V2? Thanks, Joe

P.S. I already have a HobbyWing 30A ESC. No longer working with the crappy Esky ESC.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:53 AM
billmay

Can someone school me on Scorpion Motors real quick. I'm looking for something better/smoother than the stock Belt CP V2 motor. I've read a couple of you guys talking about them and I'm seeing them in the Heli mgas now. But when I was on there web site I couldn't find one that was listed for 400-450 size helis, only 500 or even ones for gassers to get converted. Can someone post a link or get me caught up with brushless motors for my CP V2? Thanks, Joe

P.S. I already have a HobbyWing 30A ESC. No longer working with the crappy Esky ESC.
Well, the short version is that the one you want is the HK2221-8 V2. Here's a link to the Scorpion Motor Guide. I'm using it witha Hobbywing 40A ESC but the 30A should work for general sport flying.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM
joeyhatch11

Thanks for the link. I'm going to order that very soon. Sounds like a awsome motor
Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 AM
billmay

Thanks for the link. I'm going to order that very soon. Sounds like a awsome motor
I'm using a 12T pinion with it and getting 3,000 rpm head speed. However, my 3DX450 uses the Align type 150 tooth main gear. I think the Belt uses something like a 138 tooth main gear so that will give even more head speed. I'd suggest having both 11 and 12T pinions and starting with the 11T to see how that works out for you.TheRhino gear pinions are top notch. Also, the motor shaft doesn't have any "flat" side to it and I've had my pinions end up slippingsoI'd recommend that you use a file or a Dremel tool to make aflat side on the motor shaft that the pinion set screw can grip on to prevent slipping. It's a very powerful and smooth motor.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I have some 11,12, and 13t pinions on the way, should be here tomorrow. My press on pinion for the stock esky brushless motor cracked after I tried moving it. I'm going to use a Dremal on the stock motor to get that flat spot on it. But I'll have the pinions ready for when I order the Scorpion motor. Thanks for the heads up. Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.