Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

Biker Dude.
That is the problem with X-Heli. They will not tell you whether something is in stock. Then let you wait till it is back in stock.
Iplaced an order with them a couple of years ago, It never even shipped.
I called them several times and got a different reason every time as to why the order was not shjpped.
Finally after 3 weeks I cancelled the order and then had to dispute the charge to get my money back.
Very bad customer service.
I am not the only person this has happened to there are numerious threads on RCU and Heli Freak discussing the bad points of X-Heli and its subsidiaries.
Idealt with them one time and I never got the order, and that is the reasom I won't deal with them now.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
phillyD

Hey Biker
I did not want to seem to be picky..I was very apprehensive when you said xheli. I am nearly sure if you order from helidirect, ushobby supply or some others like helihobby etc, you'll still get the part before xheli..aaggrrhh I feel your pain..that is how I ended up having a whole hobbystore in parts at home.. I can't wait when I wanna fix.

Tinkman
Please get me outta the sticks.. you did the servo connections and what did you see. On throttle up the servos should not be moving. Also tink(question) are all the power supplies output wiresfitted with a universal connector?

I am using the older model to this http://www.helidirect.com/bantam-est...xe-p-20725.hdx and these will take you through the battey spectrum http://www.helidirect.com/adapters-a...6_525_1034.hdx

Cheerio me hearties
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Disney1

Just a follow up
X-heli has several web stores X-heli, Nitro Planes, Raidentech and nitrorc, Nitrorcx, Hobbypartz
All heve teh same reputation as far as my research can find out.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
biker dude

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Biker Dude.
That is the problem with X-Heli. They will not tell you whether something is in stock. Then let you wait till it is back in stock.
Iplaced an order with them a couple of years ago, It never even shipped.
I called them several times and got a different reason every time as to why the order was not shjpped.
Finally after 3 weeks I cancelled the order and then had to dispute the charge to get my money back.
Very bad customer service.
I am not the only person this has happened to there are numerious threads on RCU and Heli Freak discussing the bad points of X-Heli and its subsidiaries.
Idealt with them one time and I never got the order, and that is the reasom I won't deal with them now.

Oh man ...I was afraid of something like that. I called them today and they said they showed me as recieving it. Then offered to send another one out withiut hesitation. That seemed suspect to me.
Guess I'm hosed, lesson learned.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
biker dude

will my parts transfer over to an align frame?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
phillyD

No sir Biker
Most of the parts are different. A little flybar, tail boom, bearings, maybe canopy, well depending on type of servos you use yes...but you'll not want esky servos in that. I actually maintain a T-Rex 450 pro for a friend. Well gyros are universal..if you gonna fly a TRex you'll not put substandard electronics. A lot of the electronics I useon my belt can actually be used on the REX s mine has been upgraded over the top to high quality electronics. So RX will work but it is up to you to run 72Mhz...not advisable. Main shaft will not work for sure.

you can upgrade the Belt cp like I did at cnchelicopter and helidirect. Check a couple of pages back for my Align style head. pg 232
Cheers
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
biker dude

ORIGINAL: phillyD

No sir Biker
Most of the parts are different. A little flybar, tail boom, bearings, maybe canopy, well depending on type of servos you use yes...but you'll not want esky servos in that. I actually maintain a T-Rex 450 pro for a friend. Well gyros are universal..if you gonna fly a TRex you'll not put substandard electronics. A lot of the electronics I useon my belt can actually be used on the REX s mine has been upgraded over the top to high quality electronics. So RX will work but it is up to you to run 72Mhz...not advisable. Main shaft will not work for sure.

you can upgrade the Belt cp like I did at cnchelicopter and helidirect. Check a couple of pages back for my Align style head. pg 232
Cheers
Actually most os my parts are align
. Tailboom, main shaft, flybar, align clone metal head and tail rotor. About the only thing that isn't is the frame

Old 02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
petey3

I agree with phillyD. Just upgrade your Belt CP with good quality stuff and it will keep flying better and better. I upgraded my radio to a DX6I and my head to a HDX450SE v4. Couple that with a nice shiny new set of blades and it has never flown better. My next purchase will be a set of digital servos. If you do this you will not regret it one bit.

Now all I have to do is wait to reunite with my heli. It is somewhere on a boat in the atlantic. I will not see it untill April when I show up in Augusta GA. Thank goodness for the sim.

Troy
Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
I switched # 1 to on and this is what I got:

1 Aileron (single)<o></o>

2 Elevator<o></o>

3 Throttle<o></o>

4 Rudder<o></o>

5 Gyro Switch (on off)<o></o>

6 Hover Pitch<o></o>

I didn't think to try with idle up though. It looks like I only have one aileron channel, so I'm guessing I'll have to use a Y connector?

Joaquin
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
phillyD

Biker
I think someone did say to turn the main shaft up sided down for it to work on the belt..was it that you did to get it to work? Is the shaft marked Align?

Good bro Tink

Plug the other aileron servo into the pit channel on the RX because you should have one servo in aileron channel, one in elevator channel, esc in throttle, one in rudder. Now when you push up the throttle stick none of the servos are supposed to move even 1/1000 of an inch, that would mean ccpm is still active. If it does reverse the other switch; leave the one you changed and do the other or switch them around for the best effect and retest for our sake.

Shucks Petey
I feel for you bro, which means it is not too cold in Cali to fly. I've been so busy I have not flown since November....well it does not look so long but that is how fast the time is flying. I am exercising batteries changing and discharging them to wake them up.

will check back later just in case
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Tinkman

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Tinkman
Please get me outta the sticks.. you did the servo connections and what did you see. On throttle up the servos should not be moving. Also tink(question) are all the power supplies output wiresfitted with a universal connector?

Cheerio me hearties
Hey Philly,
About the power supply, it's a universal power supply so it still needs to be wired to fit whatever charger I get. I figured the money I save on a DC only charger as opposed to AC/DC, I could put into getting a better DC only charger.
About the RX, so you're saying plug the other aileron servo into the HOV PIT channel? When I tried that, there was no movement with aileron input from the TX, only when I turned the PIT knob.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Disney1

Sorry for the problem Biker Dude.
Here is the part at a USA supplier

http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/part-...-set-p-19.html

It ships from California
The Align parts you have will move over but all the bearings and such will not. so You need to weigh the added cost of the bearings and bearing mounts
Ifeel that you could move over the Servos too, and upgrade tham at a later date.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
phillyD

Sir tink
Ok it looks like Y connector for you. Once the servos do not move when you push up the throtle stick you are good to go. look at this to get your ailerons/control surfaces moving the right way http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.co...lanes-fly.htmlI think you might be cooking with steam

Biker
EDIT and to back up Disney these guys will ship the same day an you get a tracking number in an email..ooops sold out. I have done business with them for two years and they never faultered.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Flybri89

Im fairly new to electric airplanes one thing I have found out is I would NOT recomend buying anything from Nitro Planes, Banana Hobby. xenon Project or Xheli. These company's are all connected and out of  the exact same area in So.Cal. They all sell the same cheap stuff from China just different names HC Hobby, ArtTech for example are all the same company. Im sure alot of you know this already but like I said im just finding this out and find it disturbing. Customer service is terrible because half the time these so called companys are run out of someones house. I know someone who has been trying to call Banana Hobby for two weeks so he called one night at 9pm after reading another thread on this and sure enough someone answered...hello... oh you must have the wrong number ***? Oh I guess that phone number is only BH'S during the day. I know it's tempting with the cheap prices but there's a reason..... it's cheap crap and they get it for next to nothing and pass it on to us dummy's for buying it.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
phillyD

Hey Flybri
The brand is not the problem it is the company..as I have an Art Tech cessna but I bought it from hobbyking in china and it is fine, even after a couple of crashes. I buy artech cessna parts from rtf airplanes. As a matter of fact i did go against the grain and ordered some spitfire parts for a friend from banana hobby and got lucky..but their customer satisfaction and support leaves a lot to be desired. For someone now getting into the aerial hobby and needs the least frustration possible, I too would recommend they stay away from them. My first real heli a walkera 22E did from from nitro planes(2+years ago)and I was lucky again. The complaints have been running since then
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Disney1

I agree with PhillD on Heli Direct, but the Out of Stock is the reason I sent the link to Esky Helicopters.Com.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:06 AM
biker dude

Hi guys, Thanks for all your help and support.

Philly, that is the main shaft that says Align on it. It is turned upside down and also you have to grind a small spot on it for the grub screw. A little Dremal action though, only take a few seconds.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I have a question maybe one of you can answer. Whenever I’m flying and I have to give my bird some heavy throttle/ cyclic I get a tail shudder, as if the gain is up too high. It only lasts for a second then goes away. I’m wanting to know what causes this and how do I get rid of it.
Thanks,
Joaquin
Old 02-12-2011, 07:41 AM
mxkid381

hey im looking to by a cheap used belt-cp if anyone has one laying around please let me know pm me
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
phillyD

Ok Sir tink
You need to separate the throttle from the cyclic behaavoir. Keep throtle one place and use the cyclic..see it it happens or is it just the throttle alone. If throttle alone it maybe because you are flying in normal mode with different throttle values; then the gain might need adjusting. What is your thorttle curve
Old 02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
Here are my throttle and pitch curves.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39873.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1562316  
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
phillyD

Thanks Brother Tink
This would seems to me that your curves are a little unconventional, and that may be your problem. When I started out I was scared to put the correct curves too. I would take it for now you fly in normal mode. you also need to get accostomedto flying with the correct pitch curves so when yougo to idle up (1) you'll be half way accostomedto the curves (2) when you flip to idle up the heliwill wanna do a lot of crazy stuff and it will costyou.Try hese values and your problem should go away.Alsoall your throttle curves are stressing the ESC and itwill not behave right, fail or has a good chance of catching afire.Now did you set up you heli in idle up mode? If so you are a short distance away from a perfectely operating heli. When you finish flying with those curves you have, the ESC will be very hot.
Don't be afraid of the screaming heli..they like it that way and operate better.

Normal throttle curve 0-50-65-80-80 (that 50 is what is making the tail behave erratic-75%pitch at that point is too much for the low revs.

Idle1 throttle curve 85-85-85-85-85Idle 1 throtle curve should look like the idle 2 curve but lower. In idle one if you have that throttle curve you'll crash while inverted, because while you are upsided down and you drop the stick to the bottom to go up, the moptor will shut down....= pieces of heli.
idle 2 throttle curve 90-90-90-90-90 These are the motor and ESC efficient settings. You have a cool ESC on a finished flight. You will of your own self raise those values to 90-90-90-90-90 idle one and 100-100-100-100-100 after some time. At 85 flat the heli will not want to flip properly, but it is a good point to get accostomed to how the heli climbs and flies down(or up while inverted)in idle up

Pitch
Normal pitch curve you need something like 45-47-50-75-100. you need that 45-47 in case there is a little wind, and the heli baloons up(translational lift) you can get trhe heli down and the motor will not be shut off.Seems you accidentally transfered the normal mode pitch settings to IDLE 1 settings. Your pitchdefinitely in 1dle one needs to be 0-25-50-75-100. Pitch in idle 2 can be 0-20-50-80-100; this will make the heli drop and climb faster for the same position of stick in idle one

Hold throttle correct.... hold pitch 0-25-50-75-100.

Please Sir I beg you read this post carefully over and over again, do not rush it, and ask again for more explanation. This post will save you some money and heart ache.

It seems you did set up the heli in idle up because you are getting 0 pitch at 50% TX value.
Please do these and take your time to learn. I was against some of the valuesI just typed(as can be seen In earlier post in this thread, if you do a search this thread)
What sim do you have kind Sir?
I am so happy you posted those values before anything happened. Things will happen; you don't want another variable in the equation.
Cheers
Philip

EDIT you heli will take a little longer to lift up but yu should learn the right way first time out, so you don't have to re-learn. Do you have a hat cam yet? We'll soon need to see you or for evaluation purposes.

This is my caribean hat cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kld6-uDjKuA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75356.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1562413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73949.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1562414  
Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
Thanks for the info. Yes, I know my curves are unconventional. I use normal for indoor flight, idle 1 for outdoor scale flying and I rarely fly in idle 2. At this point in my abilities I try to stay away from 3D. It gets too expensive! The reason my throttle curve is low is because for the time being I have a severe tail vibration due to a worn tail pitch slider. When I get the rpm up around 75% the vibration starts knocking things loose. I also fly with a camera onboard and the high frequency vibe plays hell with the camera. I thought I was going to solve my tail problem, but I can’t find replacement parts for my tail assy., and I hate to buy a whole new assy. when just a single part is worn. I think I may have to just fab a new bearing.
Another reason for the odd settings is I’m trying to find a happy medium where when I switch from idle 1 to idle 2 I don’t have the sudden shock of the increased RPM and different pitch curve. I tried to match them up at mid-stick hover so the transition was seamless.
For now I’m using Clearview as my flight sim. I’m looking into Phoenix and Real Flight though. I have used a hat cam before, but I don’t usually. I can set one up though. Typically I’ll have a key FOB camera onboard to record the flight. In fact, I just completed a prototype of a camera mount with tilt capability. I move it on ch7 with a programmed mix to automatically tilt the camera up with down elevator and down with up in an effort to keep the camera relatively level. Give me a day or two and I’ll post some video of the test flight.
Thanks again for all the information. As soon as I get my tail fixed I’ll bump those throttle values back to where they should be. Hopefully that’ll cure the tail shudder.
Joaquin
Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 PM
phillyD

Good Sir Tink
You are making the best of a situation. Keep your eye on thisand solve those tail problems. In this hobby unless you are rich it take time to get the best stuff. ESKY tail assembly is not conducive to much sense. Take you time an enjoy a few flights without crashing till you get a proper tail. you'll have to change your battery position to regain a proper center of gravity when you get the tail.
looking out for you bro
Cheerio Pal
Old 02-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
I already have that tail assembly and the HDX450SE V4 Head. My problem is I just wore the poor thing out. I typically fly 2 batteries through my Belt at least 4 times a week. I guess I'm asking too much of the components, but it sure would be nice to be able to buy replacement parts. The V4 tail assembly hasreplacement parts available all over the place, but not the V3 with the dual arm tail pitch slider.
Joaquin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.