Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Your welcome. I accidently tightened the motor too tight and some how my holes were off on the plastic mount. And that made the motor rub on the frame and ruined my motor. Now with the aluminum mount the motor is perfectly centered. Just be carefull not to take too much off on one side.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37248.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	916875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77799.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	916876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87773.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	916877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87040.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	916878  
Old 03-30-2008, 11:11 AM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

could someone at this thread help me on another thread?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7302475/tm.htm
I really need help for flybar.
I appreciate that people telling me to research but the problem is... they tell me how it's suppose to look like when it's done. Not HOW TO DO IT
Old 03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
cwalls

Hey guys, got a new DX7 and a GY401 for the Belt CP, got it all put together and have a problem with it spinning when spooling up just as it gets light on the skids, in fact it threw the battery out of it because it was spinning so fast. I have tried to reverse the servo with no help there and really don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks a million.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM
cwalls

Got it figured out, I moved the switch on the gyro from Norm to Reverse. Works great now.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:01 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like not crashing.... Plus I don't gamble especially with remotely piloted lawnmowers

http://www.rc-cam.com/ant_exp.htm
Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 AM
chris6414

ORIGINAL: EricOnTheWeb

Would anyone have the specs for the Esky servo that comes with the Belt CP?..

Weight
Torque
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=661
Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 AM
chris6414

ORIGINAL: evdreamer

Your welcome. I accidently tightened the motor too tight and some how my holes were off on the plastic mount. And that made the motor rub on the frame and ruined my motor. Now with the aluminum mount the motor is perfectly centered. Just be carefull not to take too much off on one side.
If your going to chuck the motor, I'll take it. I re-wrap them and use them for planes or other applications.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
coolbean

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before.
I broke the main gear on my belt cp. I have a replacement gear, but I'm not sure how to swap the one way bearing from the old to the new. Any tips?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
CasualChaos

Coolbean, I have changed out several main gears and the best method for removing the one way bearing is to use Dremmel tool. I used a pair of side cutters and cut the fins off exposing only the inner hub. I then used the cutoff wheel and made two lengthwise cuts on the plastic hub then removing the inner aluminum hub. I then made the same cuts on the aluminum housing being careful not to cut too deep so as to not cut the bearing housing itself. This was a fairly simple removal method and the I just used a bench vise to press the bearing into the new gear being careful to put it in the correct way. I don't know if this is the easiest way, but it worked for me.

I just purchased the Align one way bearing removal tool but have not used it yet.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
coolbean

Thanks, that method seems pretty harsh, but if no one has any better ideas, I'm definitely not opposed to trying.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:32 PM
cwalls

Coolbean, use a socket that will just fit over the bearing and place it upon top of a vice so that you can knock it through by tapping it. Use this method also to install it, just make sure it is straight when tapping it back in. Goodluck.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM
cwalls

One other thing is to make sure you pay attention to the stamped end of the bearing as to what side it is on so that it works right after installation.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
davideh2

Hey folks, have read almost this whole thread from start to finish while waiting on my Belt CP. Finally got it today and am ready to plug in my first battery to attempt setup and trimming. Got the ESC unplugged for now to check servos, swashplate level, etc. I remember reading somewhere way back about a couple of people burning up their ESC's by plugging in their battery in idle up mode. After I plug my ESC back in to continue with setup and trim I want to make sure my Tx is not in idle up. Tx is the stock one that comes with the RTF. Can't tell by looking at it or the manual. Can anyone tell me......... up or down? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
cwalls

Make sure the switch is pushed away from you, if your not sure then unplug the motor and watch what the swash plate does when you move the switch forward and backward. In idle up it will move from low on the shaft to higher up on the shaft.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
davideh2

Thanks alot Cwalls. Here I go to spend some more money. I'm sure I will be back early and often.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
coolbean

I actually thought up this method and used it, works great. Had one socket that was bigger than the bearing, but small enough to touch the aluminum ring on the side that the bearing is sticking out of (top of the gear when it is on the heli), then another socket just barely smaller than the bearing on the other and put it in a bench vice. Small socket presses the bearing out of the gear and into the bigger socket. Easy. Then use the bench vice to press the bearing into the new gear.

I did have one problem though. Only the top gear was broken, so I was going to reuse the bottom gear... Well, the plastic part of the top gear that goes into the bottom gear was slightly bigger on the new gear. So when I put the new top gear into the old bottom gear, the plastic rubbed. Used the new bottom gear and it fits perfectly.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
cwalls

Fly high coolbean!!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
planepounder

Yeah, that is what I do also, but KA Planes has a tool set of exactly the right dimensions for just over 4 bucks that will make the job even easier, going to get one next order!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:48 PM
SAMPLER1

Hello all... another newbie on board
Great forum, look forward to taking part in the conversation!

Currently flying (attempting to fly) a Belt-CP, mixed with misc Align upgrades. I have 4 Towerpro sg-90s running the bird, also looking to upgrade the Esky stock motor and ESC very soon. I just installed a Futuaba 6exh tx as well, so I may have question about that

Happy flying
Dana
Old 04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
pxr5

hi sampler1, im rasputin from heliguy glad to see you around.

ORIGINAL: coolbean

Hey guys. I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before.
I broke the main gear on my belt cp. I have a replacement gear, but I'm not sure how to swap the one way bearing from the old to the new. Any tips?
i used a jack plug converter and placed it over the old bearing and placed the new gear under it and put in a vice and it pushes the bearing out of the old gear and into the new one. not the easiest way but it works.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31256.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	923620  
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Who has the Belt ready to fly in stock now?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

Check Ka-planes
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: CasualChaos

Coolbean, I have changed out several main gears and the best method for removing the one way bearing is to use Dremmel tool. I used a pair of side cutters and cut the fins off exposing only the inner hub. I then used the cutoff wheel and made two lengthwise cuts on the plastic hub then removing the inner aluminum hub. I then made the same cuts on the aluminum housing being careful not to cut too deep so as to not cut the bearing housing itself. This was a fairly simple removal method and the I just used a bench vise to press the bearing into the new gear being careful to put it in the correct way. I don't know if this is the easiest way, but it worked for me.

I just purchased the Align one way bearing removal tool but have not used it yet.

Your kidding, Just disconnect the linkeage, remove the screw under the gear, pop the shaft up and slide it out. No hacking or cutting. its a 10 minute deal here.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 AM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SAMPLER1

Hello all... another newbie on board
Great forum, look forward to taking part in the conversation!

Currently flying (attempting to fly) a Belt-CP, mixed with misc Align upgrades. I have 4 Towerpro sg-90s running the bird, also looking to upgrade the Esky stock motor and ESC very soon. I just installed a Futuaba 6exh tx as well, so I may have question about that

So Hows the 6exh in yours?
I just grabbed one. Im intrested Please Tell.....
Old 04-07-2008, 04:56 PM
SAMPLER1

So far so good...

I like the fact that once the mechanical portion of setting up the heli is complete there are still so many more fine tune adjustment that can be made through the TX. Adjusting the pitch curve and cyclic movements to max arm swing on the servos, adjust the directional of the servo movement all by pushing a button.

I'm sure there are better tx out there but this definately meet my needs. If I was however buy another I would still stick with Futaba as my brand of chioce, but I would pick up either a 7C or 9C, just to have the extra play with the TX and heli comb).

Thanks for asking, and please share your thoguhts as well

Dana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.