Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 AM
billmay
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

ORIGINAL: warpnine

ORIGINAL: billmay

Dave, just curious, do you actually own a GY401?
Hi Bill!

Nope, all I have is the Logictech 2100T
Enough said.

With all due respect I don't want to get intoa Chevy vs.Ford debate. However,I have used both on the exact same heli and see no real advantage to the Logictech and the 401 isFAR easier to set up (didn't you ever wonder why there are so many set up videos and procedures posted for the Logictech).In fact, if you follow the postings of the guy who made that set up video I think you'll find that he eventually went back to the 401 because of ease of use. My main reason for posting was to point out that for saving $30-40 over the 401 you get no US support location so you're on your own to deal with Logictech in Korea if you have a problem. This is something I didn't know when I brought my Logictech and I thought people would want to be aware of it.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 AM
billmay

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Does the CNC tail also offer the little taps that clip into the tail boom? I some how broke both taps of both sides of the rear tail assembly. Is that normal for the stock plastic tails? What a trip this thing is giving me. I just want to get it set-up so I dont have to worry about anything and can finally enjoy flying it. Let me know guys, Thanks, Joe

Update: I used a little crazy glue to hold the tail in place. Probably not the best idea but I'm ordering new tail booms and those tail cases I broke so I figured why not. hahaha
The CNC tail hasa built-in metal clamp that tightens on the tail boom quite well (see the front end of the tail case in the photos).Just align the tail unit vertically and tighten. Now you know why I'm not a fan of plastic head/tail units although a lot of people do very well with them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25869.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1216784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69858.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	1216785  
Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
skunkworks-2009

Hey Billy,whats the deal with this upgrade, Have you heard good things about it,thinking of having something different on my  2nd belt cp, and ran across this. Is it Any Good?Thanks,Skunk....

Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
joeyhatch11

Hahaha what is that? Whats the advantage of having that installed?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
billmay

ORIGINAL: skunkworks-2009

Hey Billy,whats the deal with this upgrade, Have you heard good things about it,thinking of having something different on my 2nd belt cp, and ran across this. Is it Any Good?Thanks,Skunk....

Don't know anything more than what is listed on the Cncheli website. They claim you get better hovering stability by having the tail rotor up in the samehorizontal positionas the main rotors. Other than their website,I've never seen a reference to it anywhere else although I've never made a specific effort to search for it. Heck, if nothing else it would keep the tail rotor out of tall grass on landing though!

It would be fun for you to try it for us and report back!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
skunkworks-2009

Thanks Bill for your time, If nothing else.... That was Funny, Because  I have been mowing the lawn lately with the straight Tail, so you may be on to something,I think I will give it a shot,Thanks Again...Skunk.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:32 AM
bionicbone

ORIGINAL: bionicbone
ORIGINAL: phillyD
As far as I know the ESC will not stop that. That is because of the drop in revs-drop in tail rotor speed, so you gotta hold more pitch to keep up and that will increase torque.
Not sure this is my issue. Consider, on full battery sub trim tail servo until it holds steady in head hold mode. Take off and note that head holding is rock solid, fly round for 4-5 mins then note head hold not as good, very gentleyaw movement to one side (cant be 100%, think its clockwise - I'll check next time I fly). Land and watch the tail servo, its now creeping quite quickly one way, reset the sub trim until it holds steady again and you can fly again.
The tail servo does not need to sub trim until absolutely steady, if it creeps real slowly then that does not seem to matter. I'm guessing the gyro does its job and compensates for a small amount of servo creep.
I believe this is due to a linear drop in the 5v line, even on the bench after 10 mins of power up the tails servo starts to creep.

Kev

Just to jump back to this issue. Even with the new 40A Hobbywing ESC it still happens, so I'm guessing its not just the 5v line. OK it could just be a bad gyro or servo or even justa bad gyro & servo combo. Now I'm looking in more detail. I flew 4 batteries this morning and noticed that each battery seemedtohave a slightly differentresultat full charge and during discharge- which still pushes me towards voltage rather thanany environmental issues like temperature or pressure but I just dont get the link. Why would one battery at 12.30v have one result while another battery at the same voltage have a different result.Off the top of my head I can only think of internal battery resistance. Think I'll have to get this on the bench and produce some good data on voltage / temperature etc.Before I do has anyone seen similar issues before?<o></o>

<o></o>
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey Bill, I have the CP V2, is that going to change anything as far as the tail set up goes? I'm looking to order that CNC tail piece later this week and would hate to spend $60 and have it not work for some reason. Hahaha Thanks, Joe
Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 AM
joeyhatch11

I just flew my heli this morning and it's making a really funny sound when I spool up like the motor RPM's are too low. She'll life off and hold a hover and then a few seconds later it's like she kicks into second gear and she comes up quick and quiets down. Is there something wrong with the motor now? Seems to only do it durning lift off. Although she did kck back down while I was hovering but only for a second. Weird
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 AM
bionicbone

Joey, just a thought, was it your first battery?  I’m thinking over-heating and cutting down. Other than that I would suspect Motor or ESC, it could be battery too I guess but that makes less sense.
The real wired one I had and you should perhaps watch out for was a faulty servo. I had two total cut out crashes (i thought interference to be honest). Then eventually all of the servo's started acting really wired on connection, even the RX light was flickering. Process of elimination found if I disconnected one servo everything went back normal. Replaced the servo and all has been OK since. Was this the cause of the total power loss crashes I had? I guess I’ll never know.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
joeyhatch11

All three Cyclic servo and the ESC are brand new. ESC temps were around  190 before I messed with the swash plate and adjusted the Hov. Pit knob. Now I'm at 150-160. I think it may be the motor but I have found that the tail assembly keeps coming loose and the belt becomes alittle jumpy. Going to have to attend to that today and figure something out. Was going to drill the holes out on the frame and install some small nut and bolts. what do you guys think? Will I be creating more problems by doing that? I figured it would hold a lot better than way.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 AM
billmay

Hey Bill, I have the CP V2, is that going to change anything as far as the tail set up goes? I'm looking to order that CNC tail piece later this week and would hate to spend $60 and have it not work for some reason. Hahaha Thanks, Joe
Don't see why it should be problem. That CNC tail is a complete unit so you just need to hook up the belt, attach the servo push rod, and get your gyro/tail servo set up again. I don't recall if the bell crank arm comes with the ball link on it already but the ball will be the larger TREX size so you'll need to swap it with the ball from your Belt to get the stock push rod link to fit. The gearing for the tail rotor speed is set by the gears up front and that doesn't change. I know the original plastic tail on my Belt V1 was really pretty stiff and this one should be very smooth.Let us know how you make out with it.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 AM
billmay

.......I think it may be the motor but I have found that the tail assembly keeps coming loose and the belt becomes alittle jumpy. Going to have to attend to that today and figure something out. Was going to drill the holes out on the frame and install some small nut and bolts. what do you guys think? Will I be creating more problems by doing that? I figured it would hold a lot better than way.
I had that same problem with my Belt (just one more reason I hate the plastic helis ). The tail boom wouldn't clamp tight enough and the boom would move in slightly and the belt would loosen and slip. I ended up putting in the 3DX frame which has CNC tail clamps and never had a problem with those but many people do what you're talking about. Drill through the tail clamp screw holes and put through bolts that will tighten up with more pressure. You could also try putting a thin piece of tape around the end of the boom to try to get it to grip better but that never worked well for me.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
joeyhatch11

Nah tape was the first thing I tried. Didnt last very long. hahaha I should have waited a bit and bought the CNC tail rather then spend the money on the stock replacements. But they were too costly. I'll be placing the order probably Wednesday for the new tail. Thanks guys for all the help. I'm going to drill the tail out and find a nut/bolt to keep her in check untill I get the goods.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:06 AM
joeyhatch11

UPDATE:  Mike from UsHobbySupply is getting me this tail assembly. Let me know what you think?

http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-t...aa-p-10163.hdx
Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM
billmay

UPDATE: Mike from UsHobbySupply is getting me this tail assembly. Let me know what you think?

http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-t...aa-p-10163.hdx
Cncheli also has the "SX" version. Here's the same tail. According to Cncheli the SX versions are made with the slightly lower quality 6000 series aluminum alloy while the other version is made with the highest quality available 7075 alloy. So that's why the SX version is less expensive. Nothing wrong with the SX but, as usual, you get what you pay for. Should work well though and is probably the same quality as a lot of the good CNCstuff out there. It's just that the Cncheli stuff is made with best aerospace gradequality Al alloy.

If you want to go with the SX stuff you can get the entire head and tail combo for $110.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 AM
joeyhatch11

Yeah I saw that but I only have $50 to play with. But I'm hopping my next check will buy the matching head. hahaha I just got done flying three packs and have two more to go untill I have to sit and wait for one finish charging. Im doing rather good though. Im hopping by the end of the month to throw the training gear on and start practing nose in hovering. I can do good forward/backward flight, tail in. And yawing left to right is good also. I can't wait till I can do some figure 8's. Hahaha

Looking at the Head System: http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-h...s1-p-10164.hdx
Do you guys know if it'll fit on the CPV2? Because it's a 450 Head et-up, does that mean it'll work?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:28 AM
billmay

Looking at the Head System: http://www.helidirect.com/hdx450se-h...s1-p-10164.hdx
Do you guys know if it'll fit on the CPV2? Because it's a 450 Head et-up, does that mean it'll work?
I think it should fit but you'll have to move the anti-rotation pin to the opposite side of the swashplate tomatch the Belt servo configuration. The ball links are alsolarger on the TREX so you'llhave to swap the swashplate only balls and anti-rotation pin with the ones from your Belt or your servo connecting links won't fit (thread size is the same so it's an easy swap). Here's a photo from the Helidirect website of just the swashplate and if you compare it closely with your Belt swashplate you'll see what I mean.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey Bill, I dont think I can win with this heli. It seems like everytime I go out I break something. I flew 4 packs through her yesterday and all was fine. On the 5th pack, she seems out of phase. I would lift off and she would yaw hard left or hard right. I checked to make sure all links were still attached and they were. I unplugged the lipo and started again, she seemed fine then the tail started acting all crazy, spinning fast left or right. At this point I thought the belt came loose because that's been happening alot lately. But that was fine too. Well I did manage to break the plastic tail assembly this time. Good thing I had spares on the way. But before I broke it, I noticed the heli didn't have much lift and took almost full throttle to get her up. I thought my pitch was messed up again so I checked it and it was a little off. So i readjusted and we'll see what happens tomorrow when I get my new tail pieces. The CNC tail will be here later this week, I'm guessing Thursday. But I hate always having to mess with it and not being able to have it in one piece for longer than 2-3 days.

Oh and I noticed my blade tracking is WAY off. But no matter what I do with the small links connecting  the Main Blade Grips to the Bell Mixer Arm it doesn't change. What am I doing wrong here?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 AM
billmay

Joey,

I hate to say it but what you're experiencing is a way of life with these darn helis! More time adjusting and repairing than flying.

Don't know exactly what to tell you on the tracking but if it's way off and you can't correct it it usually means there is something loose, broken or out of alignment in the head.Could be a bent feathering or main shaft.Also a bad bearing or something not assembled right in the main blade grips. Anything out of whack in the head assembly can affect blade tracking.

You'll find it eventually!

Bill
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 AM
joeyhatch11

hahaha the search begins............................to be continued
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 AM
petey3

So I am about to fly my Belt CP for the first time.  It is almost ready.  It was given to me by a friend who couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  It is brsand new but kept stripping the main gear.  I replaced the ESC to a 60a and replaced the motor and pinion.  As it turns out the orig motor had a very slightly bent output shaft.  I think that was the culprit.  After re-assembly of those parts and a cnc head and tail kit it spins nicely.  I got the tracking dialed in and everything lock-tite-ed down.  Now my concern is a vibration ok really its more of a earthquake.  I am going to start with taking the blades off and see what happens.  Anyone have any other tips on finding the cause of the vibration?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:55 AM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: petey3

........ Anyone have any other tips on finding the cause of thevibration?
If loose, tighten the chassis screws up - that one worked for me (thanks to someones else recommendation in here)

Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM
J-MICHAEL

Joey ~

If your o-rings are worn or shot, that will affect blade tracking also... Just another thing to check. I'am guessing your heli is still new though, so it may not be the case but thought I'd throw that out there as I came through here snooping around...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 06-15-2009, 04:31 PM
joeyhatch11

Good thing to check thanks. Will find out soon enough I'm putting her back together now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.