Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

It is a good thing that Ienjoy fixing and tuning as much as flying.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 AM
biker dude

ORIGINAL: phillyD

My my Biker
Nothing's wrong with your work area, but you are mighty skillful...how did that servo top come off; hope you took it off voluntarily.

MJB
How are you coming along. take it nice and slow. At first it is 10 hours fixing for a 5 minute fly
Shucks, I spent the last 3 days trying to resurect servos. Changing gears, cases, and soldering motors back and forth.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 AM
biker dude

ORIGINAL: Disney1

It is a good thing that Ienjoy fixing and tuning as much as flying.

I think I enjoy fixing and tuning better. At least my flying habits would indicate that.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Disney1

There are those days I have to like fixing better than flying.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Hornet05

just went into us hobby supplies, and dont they sell complete choppers any more?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Disney1

Hornet05:
Michael is not selling helis at this time,just parts.
The market on Helis is very volitile at this time.
Seems like every time he bought helis the price dropped and he lost money.
He is working on a drop shipment method of heli sales.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Hornet05

I checked out that Blade mCX2 BNF EFLH2480 , will that bind with my Spektrum DXi6 Tx, if so looks cheap and affordable for a bit of fun, but was also looking at the esky outdoor lama, what do you think?

Cheers
Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Disney1

All the Blade BNF ( Bind N Fly ) helis or planeswill bind directly to the DX6i, I fly my mCX on it.
Keeps teh thumbs in practice on crummy days.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:58 AM
petey3

So what are the odds of 3 differant batteries all going bad at the same time? I just got my CP back together with the new head a HDX450 from US Hobby Supply. When I was trying to get everything adjusted when I realized that my battery needed a charge. I am using the orig esky charger and it just kept flashing. So after a while I tried another battery and the same story. Then My HBKing battery and flashing again. So my question is this. Is it more likely that my charger or my batteries are bad. I think I already know your answers.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Disney1

Morning Petey3:
I would suspect the charger before the battery, only because you have 3 batteries doing the aame thing.
If you have a friend that has a Li-Po charger try your batteries on that one and then you will have the answer.
Here is a link to the charger that Iuse.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=564
Got mine from US Hobby Supply.
But I would test charge the celsl on a different chager before buying anything.

Ron Sr
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 AM
m j b

ORIGINAL: phillyD
but heli pilots(collective pitch RC and full scale) are a special breed. Things may seem alright on the bench to you, but when stuff starts spinning and exerting centripital force on bearings etc that is a different thing. We can help you get it to fly but you need to be a special breed.

I have crashed 8 or 9 times in my learning curve. What number crash are you at. You might be at the point where you will soon be able to fly.
Eight times? HA! I can't get this thing off of the ground for more than a few seconds. 20+ crashes, easy.

I've had it. The thing is all together again, but something is screwy with it. I am not the special breed that I need to be, obviously.

Thanks all for the kinds words and best efforts to help everyone! It's on eBay. I'm going back to my dual rotor heli, and if I feel the need to move up in size and complexity again, I'll just hit myself on the head with a large hammer. It will be less painful.

-mjb

Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 PM
petey3

Hey Tinkman, Disney and anyone else with a HDX450SE Head.

I just got mine in and have it put together. Now while experiancing battery problems I am trying to get the head setup and my blade pitch correct. I think that I may have done something wrong during assembly. I cannot get my blade pitch even remotely even. I think that perhaps my problems are with how high the swash is. I say this because when I have it all leveled out, my blade pitch range is at +1 and -10. Am I correct in thinking the swash height is wrong? So my question is, How high is your swash off of the top of the frame? And if you are willing what are the measurements for your links on your head?

Troy
Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 PM
phillyD

ORIGINAL: petey3

Hey Tinkman, Disney and anyone else with a HDX450SE Head.

I just got mine in and have it put together. Now while experiancing battery problems I am trying to get the head setup and my blade pitch correct. I think that I may have done something wrong during assembly. I cannot get my blade pitch even remotely even. I think that perhaps my problems are with how high the swash is. I say this because when I have it all leveled out, my blade pitch range is at +1 and -10. Am I correct in thinking the swash height is wrong? So my question is, How high is your swash off of the top of the frame? And if you are willing what are the measurements for your links on your head?

Troy
Oh Sire
What kind of radio do you have. Let's start there. Yea your swash height is wrong. You need to move it higher. Make sure you screw out the links evenly, so it doesn't fall out of one side. You want your washout top at full throttle(I like to set up in stunt mode-disconnect the motor) should have a hair width space between the bottom of the head of the main rotor housing(T piece which the feathering shaft run through) and you can set 11 degrees of pitch there. Then move the throttle to mid stick and retune to 0 degrees. Measurements later but what radio you are using is important.
Cheers
Old 11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
petey3

Spektrum DX6I with the stock servos.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Disney1

Only 20 crashes?? I have bought so many parts to replace breakege that I paid for a trip to Cozumel for Michael at USHS.

There were those days that it was fly crash repair, do it again.

Ron Sr
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Disney1

Petey3:
I start with the Swash about center of the total verticle movement range available.
However PhillyD has far more experiance with the HDXhead than I do so I will defer to him.
I am sure that you assembly is good probably just setting it all up.
ROn Sr

Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Disney1

Petey3, any luck on the Li-Po problem
Old 11-05-2010, 01:04 PM
petey3

The Li-Po problem is still ongoing. The betteries seem to be taking a charge but not much. I have to go away for 2 weeks and by then a new battery and charger will be in the mailbox. I think that it is the charger as well and wanted to get a digital charger anyways. The new charger has the ability to discharge and cycle the battery.

Back to the swash plate. I took it to full throttle and adjusted the swash height. It is now Zero at mid throttle and 5 at stick all the way up and down. I think that at this point I need to adjust the settings in the TX. Am I right in this assumption?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Disney1

Yes you are on teh dot. Take a look at teh DX6i setup doc on teh USHSdownloads, it may help with teh RX settings, They nu8mbers are what I used on a stock head and a DX6i
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/pub/BeltCP_HBK2_DX6i_setup.pdf?target="new"

PS: any excuse to get the charger you want will do.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
phillyD

Oh goody two Shoes
You getting it worked out. Keep goin. HHmmmm. Did I hear some one say stock servos? Maybe not
Disney I must re-read that setup document on USHS so I can direct folks more often. That time is drawing nearer and nearer Sir Disney
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Disney1

Philly
Yes Christmas is getting closer and it is chilly here around 60F and will be around 50F in the morning, you said you wanted it cooler, we will see, last year it was in the 40's F here for the holidays, do not know how it was in Miami.
The setup doc is as it was a year ago I have not found anymore changes to be made, but if you do let me know and I will mod it ASAP.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
petey3

Well I played around with the settings on the TX a bit. I reset the throttle curve to factory orig 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 and now my pitch is at +12 and -10. So just to see how it all is holding together I put it on my turntable and spun it up. It has a very slight wobble in the beginning but aside from that it seems great. Unfortunately the battery was too far gone to do much else. So now I will go out to the field for training for the next two weeks and everything will be waiting for me when I get back. Too bad they do not overnight stuff to us over here in Germany.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Disney1

Great news Petey, but I would turn down the + pitch to 10 degrees and try to get them both the same. Otherwise Fly man fly.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
biker dude

Does anyone know the best way to get a stripped allen screw out? I was trying to remove it from my cheap tail rotor to replace the shaft and the stupid thing stripped right out.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Disney1

I have sometimes been luck in using a mini screwdriver, flat blade, have also had to cut the shaft off an replace the shaft and the blade holder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.