Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 AM
phillyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

Tinky tink tink
Take a pic or ID the part properly. I may have an arm and some bearings I can shoot to you. Let's see if you're lucky..well you're already lucky with the number of flights you get in per week
Old 02-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
Thank you! Attached is a photo of the part I need. It's the tail pitch slider.
Joaquin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33000.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1562895  
Old 02-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Tinkman

Here's a You Tube video of the first test flight with the key FOB tilt mount. The video quality is a little rough. I had to lower the resolution so I wouldn't have to wait all day to upload it.
Joaquin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRnRaw5urG8[/youtube]
Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
phillyD

ok bro
I've got 3/4 of a new one. you wan it? anything else you might need that might not be of any use to me?

EDIT I think I see something. I'll not tell you though.

EDIT awesome vid bro; very very nice yes siree. Oh maan I have watched it over and over. Nice flying though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92692.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1563305  
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
That's exactly the part I need. I will most certainly take you up on your offer. Thank you for the kind words on the flying.
You say you see something? What might it be? I know there are a few spots where you can see the tail shudder.
So how would you like to handle this transaction? You can PM me if you like.
Thanks again,

Joaquin
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 AM
phillyD

Bro Tink
There is no transaction. Maybe one day I'll need your help and you can pick up an item and ship to my Florida mailbox. It is easier for me to pay you than you to pay me. Maybe you can make a try to see what happens. paypal $30 to antond_gy at yahoo (underscore gy). Had to write it like that so the underline that comes up undera web adddress ,did not hide the underscore;I don't think it will work. In the mean while just PM your address. I'll throw in the other stuff at least you will get some flights offa them. I did not stay with that type.

Oh make surethe output shaft is not worn too or bent. That may make the pitch slider look bad..the pitch slider will seem to wobble..I'll send you an output shaft if necessary.,
Cheers

EDIT box packed and ready to go
Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 AM
phillyD

Now now now Biker
How's that frame coming
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
  I meant to ask, what tail assembly are you flying?

Joaquin
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 AM
petey3

So I just did my taxes today and hooray I am getting a return this year. So now I am looking for a new tail assembly. Someone was saying that the HDX450se v3 is the way to go. I already have the v4 head. The big problem is I don't know where to find one. Any help would be appreciated. I am also looking for suggestions on new servos. I have a Spektrum dx6i and want to go with digital servos. So what would you buy if you had to replace yours?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:59 AM
phillyD

Hey Tink Sir
Same one for the part I sent http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...Belt-CP/Detail

Petey
I see helidirect is out of the type of tail assemblyyou want, but you can see what I fly above. As per the servos I would change to this http://www.helidirect.com/hitec-hs50...65s-p-7545.hdxbut I have not intention of changing my servos from the Hitec 65mg. I would check the trex 450 forum and see what they are using. Look out for the dimensions. It took slight mod(filing and sand papering)to make the hitec fit. I do a quick browse on the T Rex forum too
Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Tinkman

Has anyone here noticed the slop in this one-way bearing?
I was trying to figure out why my main gear was wobbling and the one-way was the culprit. After buying two replacements! I'm curious if there's a way to tighten it up, or a replacement bearing.

Joaquin
Old 02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
phillyD

Well Bro Tink
I will not sispute what you found. It must be wobbling very bad which can cause vibes and affect the gyro..tail not holding; but most of the 450 size helis carry the same oneway bearing, as indicated by the number on it. I have a stock of http://www.helidirect.com/align-one-...450-p-7094.hdxthough see if it helps, but i know this( to save you time) from old posts

Hey Kiwi(and for you too 46u)
I found the problem with the guitar string boom support. A lot of screws were slack including the boom block, and it had a uneven whine of the motor left. I gound the main gear had 2 hight points and one highest points, which when I did the gear mes bit fell on a low spot so the pinion did not have back lash. So what I found in esence is a triangular round gear. I am finished with ESKY main gears(they wobble a lot too) and will stick with the Blade 400 main gear-it is even all around. It is a pity when you want certain parts you gotta get main gears with it-like auotrotation shaft.
http://www.helidirect.com/esky-main-gear-set-ek10534-belt-v12cx-p-2073.hdx
http://www.helidirect.com/eflite-main-gear-oneway-bearing-blade-400-p-5973.hdx

hey Guys
How much main gear and secondary gear wobble is tolerated by the belt. I've changed 3 sets of gears and the all have a slight to medium wobble. I even changed the shaft that connects the gears. I did not take note of how much wobble it had when it was new.
Cheers

Afternoon PhillyD:
I have never met an OEM gear set that did not wobble, I am using Blade 400 upper gears and they wobble too.
The only solution to the wobble would be a CNC machined gear.

I have that same gear but I am now using the EFLITEgear. I had to sand it a little on the one way bearing housing at the bottom that goes into the lower gear to make sure it spins free.

then there is this it is about half way in the vid... well after you are satisfied it is not the one way bearing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=uk&v=0LpKiT2QrYs

Oh bro Tink. I had posted a box to canada and it took 5 days..11th-16th

Old 02-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
The wobble you're seeing in the main gear is coming from the one way bearing. I took mine off today and spun it on a shaft of the same diameter (letter B drill stock). Some times it would spin true, and others crooked. It took me a while to figure out that it wasn't a bent main gear or sprocket, but the play in the bearing. The spring tension against the rollers allows the shaft to move from side to side enough to make it wobble.
Joaquin
Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
phillyD

Wowsers Sir Tink
Well you are the best person to find this out. I am looking out for your solution with bated breath Sir. I like when mechanical things bother engineers. I'll have to check out VXB bearings in the mean while.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:53 PM
phillyD

These are all i found
http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-...612-p-1286.hdx
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit2054
Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Tinkman

In looking at the design, it seems that allone way bearings are inherently sloppy to some degree. This slop is what allows the rollers to move away and towards the drive shaft so it can either roll free or bind and cause the bearing to lock. The annular space around the case is where the rollers move to. I think instead of trying to find a bearing with tighter tolerances, it may be easier to make a thrust bearing, or even a simple spacer that would be placed between the main and tail drive gears to keep them parallel. This may prevent the wobble.
I don't have my bird with me right now, but I'll look into the possibility of this tomorrow and get back with you. The solution may end up being something as simple as a thin washer between the two gears.

Joaquin
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
phillyD

Good Illustrious Sir
Waiting for the findings
Old 02-17-2011, 04:36 AM
biker dude

Hi Guys,

Well I finally received the new main frame yesterday after ordering it on the 31st.

I started the build last night and will more than likely have it in the air by today.

Hope everyone has been well,

Bryan
Old 02-17-2011, 05:05 AM
petey3

After much looking, and I mean a lot of searches I found 1 retailer that still sells the 450se v3 tail assembly. Now all I have to do is wait for uncle sam to give me my money back. The site that has it is www.trendtimes.com i don't know about the shipping yet and I can't see a picture to see if it is black or not but they have em and I am encouraged. To find that I had to find a manual for the original heli and do a search for their part number. I don't know why I didn't do it before.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
biker dude

IT'S ALIVE!!! and flying damned well too I might add.  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
phillyD

Oh my Biker Dude
Glad to hear she might be flying well..but if it is not on camera it did not happen LMAO. that is the saying all over the forums. Congrats though. Every fix it flies better and better..I'm not saying go crash it to fix again, what i'm saying is what I saw on a vehicle.."if it ain't broke fix it anyway LMAO again. That is in contravention to Disneys saying LOL
Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
I did some testing on the main gear situation today. I found that we, at least I, have a combination of things going on. I placed a spacer between the main and tail drive gears to stop the wobble created by the one way gear slop. It kept the twogears parallel, but they still wobbled. The other problem I found is slopbetween the tail drive gear and the auto rotation sleeve. I'm thinking of boring out the tail drive gear and pressing an aluminum sleeve inside to stabilize the gear. I know it seems like allot of trouble, but I think a true-running set of main gears would do allot to smooth-out the Belt's performance.

Joaquin
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Disney1

Tinkman You may have a marketable idea.
Careful on how much you let out.
If it works, I'll buy at least one.

Ron Sr
Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM
phillyD

Sir Tink
I am can't visualise this sleeve, and I hate to have you find time to send a pic or drawing. I know everyone is busy. Maybe Disney can illuminate..I'm all eyes and ears

EDIT Is this the areas you are speaking about? if so I usually have a tough time getting it in the plastic. Maybe you need a new one.I use that only onmy Night belt CP. I am using the metal bottom for this on the day experimental Belt CP, which I can't find or I need to look more thoroughly
http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-...elt-p-7975.hdx

Shucks I found it http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-...400-p-8254.hdx so long I can remember what I did.
So I'm using stock gears on the night heli and that lower hub with blade 400 upper gear.http://www.helidirect.com/eflite-mai...400-p-5973.hdx
Earlier these twowere sold as a set for the belt CP http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-...elt-p-7975.hdx and this http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-...400-p-8254.hdxit looks the same to me from here

Look at the difference in price http://www.microheli.com/store/advan..._description=1
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Disney1

PhillyD:
I am like you and most other men, a very visual guy.
Gotta see it to understand it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.