Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Old 03-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

BD that is a clean shear. It is defanatly teh screw that is the problem.
I would use a wire bit in the Dremel and dril part way into teh screw and the use a mini screw driver tappd into teh hole to remove teh screw.
Just buy a chaep set for a coupel of dollars at walgreens or CVS.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
biker dude

Hi Dis,
Thanks for the suggestion but I found the more expensive gear box at my LHS and am going to just send the other one back.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Tinkman

Some times with a break like that in a through hole, just drilling it will cause the screw to drive itself all the way through. Just go nice and slow so the drill will have a chance to bite into the screw. Since the head is gone, there should no longer be any tension on it, just the locktite holding it in place.

Joaquin
Old 03-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Disney1

The better tail gear bos Sounds like the way to go to me.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 PM
biker dude

The Heli Gods smiled on me today. My belt broke on me while I was only about a foot off of the ground. No damage true the main blades replace the belt and I was up and flying again.

Thank you Heli Gods.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46051.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	1583122  
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
phillyD

Oh my gosh Biker
I would hate for you to be down again.
Squeeze some lime juice on your head to help the heli good luck charm. Wish we could have seen some footage. Glad you flyin though. I am up in arms fixin a F-35 EDF jet for a kid whose parent bought it for him, and has no idea of what flyin entails. I put him on the sim and the sim reset every 29 seconds. Reported top speed of Jet....85mph
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
biker dude

HI guys,

Yesterday when my belt broke I was very lucky that I was so close to the ground. If I had been up higher it would have been a real mess. Is there a way that I could have brought the Heli down for a controlled crash?

It concerns me not only for the damage to the Heli but the possible damage that could have happened to anything it might have crashed into.

I was thinking maybe I should be practicing controlled piroettes?

BD
Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 PM
phillyD

Pal as far as I could think Is cut the throttle that will slow the piro and keep the rotor disc level..well depends how far up you are..lucky you. You should be telling us what to do LOL. Let me go checl my belts. I use belt ease on my belts 4 times a year. Same stuff they use on car fan belts. Not a lot applied with a Q-tip. Just to damp the belt. It really keeps them good for a long time.
Cheerio pal
Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Tinkman

Hey Biker,
The only real way to salvage a tail rotor failure is to use throttle hold. And that only works if you have a programmable Rx and have practiced auto-rotations. It cuts the throttle but leaves the control surfaces functional.
Of course if you have a stock Rx you don't have this option. In the absence of throttle hold, Philly is right. Take it out of idle up (to slow the headspeed andprevent negative pitch) and ease off on the throttle to slow the spinning. Then hope for the best.
I've been there. It was ugly!
Joaquin
Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
biker dude

Well, It's been too dadgum windy to fly a 450 here in Tampa Fl. Hows everyone doing?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Disney1

Grounded for Tornado Warnings today and tomorrow

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Tinkman

I've been fighting a tail rotor issue for the last two weeks. I hope to get it resolved tomorrow. I'm fixing to just rplace the whole darn assembly.

Joaquin
Old 03-31-2011, 03:55 AM
phillyD

Yes Siree
Trying to set up an exceed Razor. Brand new radio came kaput. This radio has to be programmed with a computer. May test an EDF F-35 jet of a kid. The sweet part of this the kid can't fly a lick on the sim.
Cheers
Old 03-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Tinkman

Sounds like you have an adventure ahead of you Philly!

Joaquin
Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 AM
phillyD

Hey Tink
I have an idea I'm gonna try but I need another from you. If you got a grub screw stuck inhttp://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...E-eccpm/Detailwith and enlarged hole, how would you remove it. It has about 1 1/2threads sticking out over the surface. I wanna cut the top so a flat screw driver can work. i'll have to heat it so it can loosen the thread lock.
Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
phillyD

Ok Tink
It worked. I heated it up with a solder iron used http://www.toolup.com/dremel_7120_di...&utm_medium=CAto make a slot for a screw driver and turn it out,
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Tinkman

Nice work Philly! I would have done the same thing. I don't think they make easy-outs that small. If they do, I've never seen one.

Joaquin
Old 04-06-2011, 06:25 PM
petey3

Hooray I just got all my stuff delivered yesterday and found my Helis today. I havent seen them since January. A good sight for sore eyes. I am waiting for me new tail to be delivered hopefully in the next few days. Now that I am back in the States I want to see an actual brick and mortar store. Does anyone out there know a R/C store in the Augusta area?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 PM
phillyD

Nice Sir Petey
Good to have you back
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 AM
biker dude

Hi Petey, Welcome back. 

Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
petey3

Wow all I can say is Wow. I just got the absolute worst customer service EVER while trying to track my order for my new tail. Turns out that they never shipped it. Fortunatelly for me they hadn't shipped it. These guys were horrible. I not only had them cancel my order but I asked them to remove my name and record from their database as well. I made the order over a week ago and it still hadn't shipped. So just a warning to all you out there TrendTimes.com isn't a good place to shop.

I have since changed my ways and tried #1 USHobby and was forced to go to #2 HeliDirect to get it fast. Funny thing is after overnight shipping it is still 15$ cheaper. I did have to settle for the HDX450 v4 tail though. The V3s just arent available any more, and the V5s are identical.

So lesson learned. When shopping for older parts if there is only 1 place left that carries them take notice and find a new version.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
petey3

I am starting to feel like I will never fly this bird. I just unpacked it last week after it being packed up overseas for 2.5 months. Then I had all that trouble with the tail. Just got the hdx450se v4 tail yesterday. Now I am trying to get it tuned up and I think that my gyro might be bad. I had it on my turntable to test it. Spooled it up and it was spinning counterclockwise so I trimmed it up got to zero. Just then it started swinging wildly back and forth. It was like the gyro had gone mad and was compensating for an imaginary buffeting. It is a telebee gr302-ad head lock gyro. I wanted to fly tomorrow before I go to school for the next 6 weeks. But it looks like I won't be flying anytime soon. Any ideas? Is my gyro bad or am I crazy?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
phillyD

Gosh Sir Petey
Here is something I just found that echoes my sentiments and also all of the info at the bottom of the page. http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t552312p1/I am not sure if that gyro likes trim. I had one(you'll find earlier up in this thread). Try and see if reversing the gyro helps. I hope you don't say it was flying with this setting before. Can't remember if you crashed, but a crash might have also shaken it up. Sorry you gotta run away from the heli. No problem though,it will wait for you. Gimme an update...oh and for storage put it in a big plastic bag for keepin dust and stuff out of the oily areas that can become a sanding grinding agent.
Cheers

EDIT The manual did say peferably sub trim, but if I remember right you don't have that option. Take your time pal in terms of accumulatin green backs and get a good radio and gyro. The the whole world will be unlocked.

Just saw the manual did talk about tim off set...I don't like that gyro..putting it mildly
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Tinkman

Hey Petey,
I have had a V4 tail assy. for about a year now and to this day have never been able to get it to work right. The problems you are having are identicle to what I experienced. It's not the gyro!
I have switched between ESky stock, V3 assy., and even HK450 assy. Every time it comes back to a bunk V4 tail assembly.
Watch the videos below and you'll see that you're not alone...
Joaquin
BTW,
To fix mine, I bought an entire HK450MT kit for $27.00 and just robbed the tail assy out of it. After some minor adjustments she flys perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tinkman1...25/0E0OzxF8K6M
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tinkman1...24/MC0sgHGTUXM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tinkman1.../6/qzfblKcFJBY
Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Tinkman

Philly!
How's life been treating you? I'm still waiting patiently for some flight video form you...

Joaquin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.