Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Old 04-15-2011, 04:55 AM
petey3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

Thanks Tink and Philly.

Fortunatelly I already have a DX6I so I have a good TX/RX. I checked out my tail and from what I could see there wasn't any slop in there like your video had. If I get time later this morning I will take a video and put it up for you to see. I am still thinking that it is the servo. I disconnected the motor and the servo/gyro was acting erratic without anything spinning. My rudder is basically going full left and full right on its own. Its not just a wag unfortunately. I'll get a video of it so that you can see what I mean.

Troy
Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 PM
phillyD

Yea Tink Sir
I gotta peel myself away from work(just got in for lunch 10:31pm) and put my new paying business(aero RC repairs, setup and repairs) so much to do so little time, and I am still on call 24/7 from my veterinary duties which includes customs and police calling me in the wee hours of the morning; can I say LOL orLMAO
Cheers pal

Right Petey
If the gain is too low you will get those big movements..but I could not get the telebee to work for me
Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 PM
biker dude

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to pop on and say hi. The bird is flying pretty good lately and I'm still at it. I hate flying in my back yard now that I have gotten used to the wide open space at the park. Still waiting on funding to come through to get the other heli up and flying with the new radio. I hope everyone is doing well.
BD
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Navy_1

Droping a line also. back in teh states now. just waiting for the wind to die down to fly
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
phillyD

Ok Sir Navy
Waiting for your reports. Best wishes.

Sir Tink
Ever heard a carpenter never has a good house, a shoemaker shoes are always in need of repair and similar for a mechanic? Seems i have stopped working on my stuff and fulfilling clients demands. Nearly finished setting up and exceed 450 heli as i type
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 AM
biker dude

Had an ugly crash from about a foot off of the ground yesterday. I dumb thumbed the rx. looks like a ttl rebuild. (Sigh)...these are the days when i guess it's good not to hate working on these.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Disney1

THese are the days when you better love working on these
Old 05-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I thought I heard some crickets over here.
Philly,
Sorry t hear about the lul in build progress. Darn clients! Let me know how the Exceed build goes.

Biker,
Hope the repair goes quick so you can get back in the air. I don't know about you, but I always go through a day or two of depression after a mean crash. Comes with the territory I guess.

Joaquin
Old 05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
phillyD

Finished the Exceed Build Sir Tink
It is a cool heli with a 401 gyro and futaba 7C set up. Test flight was in house. It has got some crazy cyclic. It will have to be tamed with some expo. You can get up to 12 degrees + and - pitch. No on to helprebiuld the crashed spitfire foamy.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 AM
phillyD

Sir Tink
Look what they have gonenow; agggrrhh the cutting in on you http://www.servocity.com/html/spt50_...an___tilt.html
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 PM
biker dude

Got the heli back in the air last night. It's crazy the difference in response between 315s and 325s.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
phillyD

Right Biker
That was a quickdown and up. Congratulations.Seems you made an intense dash to get it fixed. Should be more stable but will make a bigger arc if you roll it.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:50 AM
biker dude

Yeah...I think any rolling of the heli will be a total accident at this point in my flying abilities. LOL!
I think my next step is going to be an actual flight nose in away from me and into a half turn or some thing like that. I can can manage it fine on the sim, and have been able to fly nose and away from me in a straight line so far.
I don't have anyone in my area that I know that can take me through some of the finer points of 3d flying yet. I know of a field thats about45 mins from me and have been there a few times but not really enough to get to know anyone. Also I'd feel kind of behind the times showing up there with a radio that operates with crystles. And it's rare that you see anyone flying a 450 size heli. The 450 looks like a toy compared to the helis they fly out there!
I was looking at 500 size helis the other day and they really jump in price.
Anyhow, I'll just keep practicing on the sim until I get brave and feel O.K. with crashing the heli again. LOL!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Tinkman

Hey Philly,
I've seen those tiny camera mounts before. I think they use them for FPV cams. Really tiny.
BTW, I have the final version of the camera mount available on my web site. I have versions for the HK450 and the Belt CP at TinkmanEngineering.com.
So how do you like the 7C? I love mine.

Biker,
I know what you mean about not having anyone around to help teach you how to fly these things. I'm like the Lone Ranger out here. Tips on nose in:
Try it with the wind to your back.
Always have an escape plan! Think ahead about how you're going to abort if things go bad.
Push the cyclic in the direction of the heli's drift. The rudder works the same.
Of course all this sounds easy enough, and god knows I have a hard time with it, but this is what others have told me to try.

Good luck!

Joaquin
Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 AM
biker dude

Ya know what I've been having trouble with as of late? Flying inverted on the sim I can get it over then keep it in the air, no problem there.
But theeeeeennnnn, when I go out doors and try to fly normally, my brain has trouble and it doesn't know what to do with my thumbs. It's like I've been concentrating so hard to fly inverted I dumb thumb the tx and crash. DOH!
So i'm going to stop trying to fly inverted on the sim and just enjoy being in the air.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
phillyD

Shucks Bro
Take your time. it will come naturally. That happened to me the other day..I was doin some flips etc and when I had finished one of the guys commented "you're getting brave now, you're flipping close to the ground". I did not try to do that or realise I had done it. I usually stick to the 3 mistakes high bit..oh well. I have not flown again since then 3 weeks already
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Yakflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Hey, I have just listed some of my Esky Belt CP and parts. Looking to move fast including 1 PNP with metal carrying case.
Check out Ebay Item Number: 190534640744, Then look at my other items. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
biker dude

So I wonder why no one has bid on his heli? Oh well, do you guys still use your paddle weights?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 PM
phillyD

Well sir Biker
Are to speaking about separate weights? I never used. Esky paddles had a reasonable portion of metal at the end of the paddle.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM
biker dude

yeah...I have been using the Trex set up for a while now and I have moved the paddle weights almost all the way in . I was just wondering if I should take them off all together.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Disney1

With the weights all the way in they are not doing anything,
Might as well lighten the load.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
biker dude

Old 07-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Dongskie

is a 3S 25C lipo rating good enough?

my original pack just ran out of juice
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Dongskie

Test flight Belt CP with cheap 300mm plastic main blades.

All was well in the beginning when towards the end of this clip my son started pulling my shirt and got disoriented, fortunately he was behind the veranda divider and was far from harm, also fortunately the heli only hit the wall of the veranda and the blade mounting points instantly disintegrated upon impact, preventing any other damage aside from a popped-out ball link.

Watch me hit the wall with my Belt CP

http://youtu.be/ZfLN1wP8szI
Old 07-10-2011, 03:55 AM
biker dude

Hi Edgardo, Your bird looks kind of unstable like it might need some further tuning. You'll find it easier to hover once this is straightened out. Also you need some more room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.