Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

*****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

*****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:21 PM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

I''ve been talking to a number of people who coralate between Esky company and internet forums and they have said to me that the E-smart will be discontinued due to lack of sufficiant sales and the 900 will be it''s predaccesor for now until they produce another 600 sized heli. So I guess for 2008 you''d either get your E-smart parts and heli now or don''t get one at all. It''s not to say they will discontinue making esky parts for this helicopter but there will be production limitations.

900 has been slightly delayed. I had a feeling about that. All cnc for that price? The belt cp all CNC and carbon fiber is well over $300.
For a lepton style helicopter this heli will be very well priced once released.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
rcmiket

Default RE: *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

That whole E Smart discontiued thing was someone who "misunderstood" what some else has said. Care to post where your info came from? This is the whole problem with the web.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
rcmiket

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t421375p1/

Here read this. Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Kelownan

Expectable, dont think that removal of the Esmart line is very feasable and i wouldnt entirely believe that untill it actually happens if at all.

There would be alot of angry esmart flyers, I mean you can still get all of the previous versions of esky heli''s ie the various incantations of the Lama line.
Unless they update it i cant see why they would remove it.

One would hope if they do remove it that they continue to supply parts for it.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
rcmiket

Heli Direct and Bp Hobbies stock the heck out of the ESmart line. When I was making up my mind about the T Rex 600 or the E Smart I was really impressed with all the support out there for both lines. Esky is a very well kept secret its a shame more guys don''t give them a shot. I own both Algin and Esky stuff and while the quality of the Align stuff is great the Esky stuff has more bang for the buck. Just my 2 cents for what its worth. It just really pisses me off to see "misinformation" passed along a truth. Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74754.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	929027  
Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Kelownan

I agree. It takes a bit to get them running like a coffee shop in peak hours but truely special.

Im trying to make a decision for myself. Between a Belt CP and Falcon 3d, i want to know which is a better heli for me with not much CP experience.

The Falcon looks really hot but theres a large support base and rep for the Esky line of heli''s and if the falcon is better then the 15 dollars extra is no problem.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:51 AM
crashinbash

If the E-smart does in fact continue it''s line and produce the entire the whole kit then I''ll be on board to buy it some time in the future. Yes I did aquire that information and reference to some of the members in that runryder forum along with members of helifreak forum. I am not trying to spread rumours and sorry for any misinformation that may have come across.

I love to thuroughly examine every possibility and my options before making another purchase and just thought it was worth mentioning if it was actually true. I will try to talk with esky personally the next time I attempt to discuss wholesale business opptortunities.

I didn''t think when I started this forum it would turn into the "ALL E-Smart" forum. It''s funny I tought if any conversation it would be the comparisons of choosing the 900 over the t-rex 500, hdx 500, or lepton......
Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 AM
nuttcaze

nah, the 900 is just a crappy deal cause of the cost, thats why we keep saying "E-SMART [sm=thumbs_up.gif] E-SMART" lol
Old 04-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Kelownan

I donnow ''Nut'', i wouldnt judge the 900 until its actually released. which will be why im wating till it is released and reviewed, scrutinised assembled dissasembled crashed lost found mailed returned and finally absorbed into a pool of black acid at which point i may possibly yet neither deny or confirm that it quite posibly ma be a better if not worse bang for that exessively long reply tosay what i had already said is ........ dont suggest anything about "better" deal until its released to the private public by which they will review scrutinise assemble dissasemble etc.

Get my drift?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 AM
nuttcaze

??

I''m pointing out the fact that when you compare part prices as well as electronics prices, building any ARTF heli will cost about the same (as far as ESky''s) crashing my belt will cost me the same to repair as if I crashed my E-Smart, so the big difference comes down to the price of the kit, which the 900 is $100 more then the E-Smart, its just not a good deal in my eyes, never will be either unless its sold cheaper then the E-Smart
Old 04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Phelansa

I think what Kelownan is trying to say is that we do not know the final pricing on the 900 yet. The posted prices so far are probably MSRP. And we all know you can do way better than MSRP!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
nuttcaze

http://www.rctechnics.eu/helicopters...l?currency=USD

heres another place
Old 04-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Phelansa

Yeah, I see that. Did you see what they want to charge for an ESmart? [:-][:-]

I still believe that the 900''s price will come down. Give it a month or two after release.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
nuttcaze

yeah I saw that one too, lol, those guys must be smoking something good
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
rcmiket

If your looking for that size helicopter you need to look at several. Including.

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=4798
http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?cPath=29_222

What you need to do is look at what is and is not included in the kit price, how much prefab is done. do you want plastic, metal or Carbon Fiber, 3d or just for messing around. Most important check all the forum sites find out what the guys who are flying these are saying. I went with the E Smart metal version with motor and blades got a smoking deal on E Bay 150 delivered( that''s what clinched it foe me and posts in other forums). Look at battery requirements also. How much for a charger and so on. I''m just pointing out the stuff that most guys don''t realize, not all RTF helicopters are. Good Luck in you search and final decision and keep us informed.If I can be of any assistance please feel free to ask. Mike
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Kelownan

Holy Cow thats insane and not at all un predictable which is also totally lame.
how the hell do they justify that price? its a ARF kit right?[sm=greedy.gif][sm=greedy.gif][sm=greedy.gif]

That Squirrel Kit loooooookkkksssss niiiiisssseeee . . . . (promply removes drool off of keyboard.)[sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Donnow bout that chinook though ha ha i could see something bad happening.

Maybe that price will cause a ripple effect as the 900 is cheaper there and not anywhere else. ?????
Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any news on a release date for the esky 900?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM
crashinbash

There are several forums and links related to the HDX500 you have listed. It is in no way an arf for those who want to do 3d or insane maneuvers. The heli has undergone several remodeling jobs by it's creators and they're still not done yet. The frame has been changed twice and Rotorworkz is in the process of building another one. Main gear issules and servo placement... If you're looking at the model hold off till version 3 comes out or at least read up on it in rcgroups and helifreak before buying.

I sent an email to Esky twf today asking about any news on the esky 900 and waiting for a response. Looks like it's going to be at least a month and a half delay for the american market from the date RC711 originally listed. I wonder what the hold up is? It's on a couple other sites to purchase and twf hobby still doesn't have it on their website?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 PM
sxyrx7

has thear been any new aboult the esky 900 yet? or has this heli had a slow death before it had a chance
Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
nuttcaze

I think its gonna either bomb all together or take a year or so before people really start buying them
Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 PM
crashinbash

I never received a response from esky back about the release date but rc711 did email me back with a response saying they were unaware of the release date now and esky has not given them any time frame for the release. I'm starting to think about other helicopters as this is taking soo long to hit the market.

At this rate maybe dragonus will have they're 500 out before esky, or even msh with have their's ready before esky as well.
Oh well, they haven't lost me as a customer yet.

cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Kelownan

Any more time means more time to save for parts to make it better, Im holding out as well. its just so cool.
I could imagine 2 scenarios, going to the field with an esmart or a e550. everyone lll say oh you got an emart too..... or WOOOOO OMG whats that!!! yeah [8D] its a new esky e550 [8D]
Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

hold on, are you saying that 550 is out already? This is interesting because I may have to stick with the elctrics cause of bylaws in my town.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: Kelownan

Any more time means more time to save for parts to make it better, Im holding out as well. its just so cool.
I could imagine 2 scenarios, going to the field with an esmart or a e550. everyone lll say oh you got an emart too..... or WOOOOO OMG whats that!!! yeah [8D] its a new esky e550 [8D]

Lol, I won't have that prob, when I say I have ESky Helis everyone looks at me like "there was one?" But I'm waiting to see the how much the 550 will actually release at, cause I'm in the same boat, kinda, longer it takes to come out the less chance I'll have other things I want to buy before one of those. So guess that means prob by the time it come out I'll be chomping on the bit to get one. These things really are super addictive, WTH
Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 PM
stump3r

Have you guys looked at the Gaui 550. Great machines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.