Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

*****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

*****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 AM
raindelay_wa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

flyinsolo should offer cactus like $400 and then he and cactus should split the $420 rain pays.
I think that has happened to me before...Somehow, I sold one of my cars to my parents, and ended up paying them $3,000.

Oh yeah, sorry...I am in total agreement with what Druss said about the whole head thing....Totally.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

LOL!!! I was kidding Rain, ......??? how did you end up.... nevermind. I don't even want to try to wrap my brain around that one. It's snowing like crazy here, and the local rec center has basketball stuff going on all week. I havn't even attempted to fly in over a week. and I don't see it happening for a while. The depression seeps in.[&o]
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been grounded for 42 days now. The depressions far past seeping in.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
raindelay_wa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Optimus....I owed 5,000 on the car. Gave to my parents. They sent the money to the bank, then told me they only wanted to pay 2,000 for the car, so I owed them 3,000. I ended up with 1 less car, and no money....lol

Never fear my friends....MegaMillions is up to like 93 million dollars. When I win, wich sould be any day now, I will build a really big Aerodome. Then if you can't fly where you live, I will fly you out for the weekend. I will also install those really big Hollywood special effects wind fans. That way, when I crash, I can flip them on, and we can all crash together.....YEAH!!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
flyinsolo11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Haha, awesome idea with the fans.

Laughed my ass off.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 AM
crashinbash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id=679
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
blk822

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man I was going to get a hurricane 550, but that is a nice looking heli. May have to wait for that.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Druss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it is nice but I don't want to be the first to buy it... although I do have an extra 1100kv motor I could stick in it. remember too that the 550 is about 20% larger than the 500, can't make any comparisons yet but knowing me i'll end up getting one anyway.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Phelansa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is one gorgeous heli!

I have just started mastering my Lama V4 and I want a bigger/better Heli. I can hover tail in, tail out, in aspect, can fly figure eights.... just about all the stuff one can do with a co-axial. In the sim I can fly the more advanced helis pretty convincingly. So I am happy that I have learnt the sticks. (Now I just nead to learn to fly the Heli instead of the Sim)

So yeah, I am starting to get a little bored.

I would prefer to buy a bigger heli because I have been advised that they are inherently more stable. Also, I am not a nitro person and I would like to stick to ESky. The way I see it I have two options?

Either this new 550 heli, or the E-Smart.

What do you guys think? It does not look like there will be a very big price difference between the two. Well not here in Darkest Africa at least .
Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 AM
crashinbash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Esky has the G-smart if your looking to go nitro, it's almost a 30 sized heli and flies well but certainly not capable of hard 3d. I've seen it do small piro and inverted thats about it.
E-smart is great for the price.

the hurricane and e-smart don't have any huge advantages over one another, both have a very good price tag, very cheap replacement parts, and both can fly very well including 3d when setup and flown by the pro's. The only thing emsart has over the hurricane is it comes with motor for 50 bucks less, and already has aluminum frame and parts right off the batt.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 AM
Phelansa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I actually prefer Electric , and Yes.... I know I can get shot for saying that in the wrong circles.

I think I will have to wait for this new "ESky 900 3D 500-class CCPM Helicopter" to come out before I decide. I think it will come down to a choice between this new model and the E-Smart. I just hate buying something and then ending up wishing that I had bought the other option instead [:@].

Thank you for the quick reply
Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 PM
NitroEnthusiast

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The E-SMART is the best. Challenging but very fun to build. It's the hi-lite of your life the first time you lift off.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Phelansa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A NitroEnthusiast praising an E-Heli? It MUST be good
Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
babyhuey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is this thread still alive? Did antone buy an ESmart?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 PM
crashinbash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm waiting for 900 to come before I go with esmart. It's gained alot of popularity of the last few months. I've been looking for a good substitute for more power and all I've come up with is the align 600xl.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 AM
flyinsolo11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know nuttcaze just got it, but he has yet to get her airborne. I am waiting for reviews too to hear what others say about it...
Old 03-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Phelansa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did not Nutcaze get the E-Smart? I am pretty certain that the 900 has not been released yet?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:45 AM
crashinbash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No it is still set to release on april 8th, I've already put a reserve on one
Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 AM
nuttcaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

where did you put the new ESky heli on reserve? I might need another heli , course if I do, I'll have to put off finishing my E-Smart, but then again a 550 isn't gonna be better then my E-Smart, I wanted the biggest heli I could buy (without going custom), now I got one , I'm gonna start buying the parts for my E-Smart next week, also Ka-Planes will be carrying the E-Smart soon too, may even have a RTF version, but I don't know how they'll do that though, this thing is too big to ship fully assembled
Old 03-21-2008, 03:59 AM
nuttcaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol, I just looked at that new 900, not gonna be buying that ESky heli, to me its uglier, costs more (almost $100), is smaller, and is just a bigger Belt CP, the E-Smart is a moster, can't wait to fly it
Old 03-21-2008, 08:09 AM
cactus hopper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The E-smart was overpriced and the 900 is waaaaaay overpriced.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
babyhuey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've found the Esmart for $99 bare and that seems like an unbelevable deal for this Heli. I also found the full metal version for $260 with motor!
Does anyone have one of these flying?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Phelansa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

@ Cactus Hopper

The E-Smart overpriced? If you know of a better 600 sized heli for the same money or cheaper I would love to have a look at it?? The only one I have found comparable is the Hurricane 550. I would LOVE an TRex... but sheezzz, talk about a lot of money!!

As for the 900.... I will wait until I can hold one in my hands and look at it personally and up close before I make up my mind.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
flyinsolo11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Alright, I guess I am confused. Is Esky coming out with two different helis? I know there is this one: http://jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/ek5h-e002d.htm

Is there a bigger 900 series too?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
nuttcaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lol, I just looked at that new 900, not gonna be buying that ESky heli [sm=thumbs_down.gif], to me its uglier, costs more (almost $100), is smaller, and is just a bigger Belt CP (its only a 500 size), and its prob got the same head as the Belt, with the flybar on top, I don't like the way that looks either, I have my E-Smart sitting in front of me and it is alot better looking then the 900, it's gonna be the same cost to get make it RTF, so why waste money on that, feels like I'd be buying a Eflite heli [:'(], the only savings (cost not performance) you're really gonna have with that heli is being able to use a smaller battery, but having to spend more for the kit cancels that out.

I bought my E-Smart at [link=http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=B2131397&pid=NESK7335]BPHobbies[/link], $168 includes blades (but I've read a few places that the E-Smart is too powerful and will rip the covering off the stock blades at close to full throttle [sm=thumbs_up.gif]) but no motor (there is a place you can get the kit with motor for $199.99, http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2105 I went with BPHobbies cause I wanted it NOW, and I've bought alot of parts from them), and they give you $5 off because the order is over $150, so for me that meant $4 shipping, and I got it the very next day 8am, they use Fedex for kits and helis.

You can get all the upgrades to the carbon frame and such, the E-Smart only comes in the semi-metal version - there is no plastic version anymore, website says so and mine is a semi metal even though the website said plastic

The only thing better about the 900 is the name.

Get the E-Smart, dumb name, MONSTER of a heli!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service