Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

HBK2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:49 AM
slicknic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBK2 questions

Hi there

My friend and I are about to order a couple HBK2 so I was doing a bit of research and noticed alot of you guys are doing upgrades right off of the bat. So I guess my question is as follows

-What upgrades should we order right away
-Any online stores that you guys favor

Im kinda hoping we can get it all at one place so shipping wont be a pain

Thanks for the help and any other info or tips would be much appreciated
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM
slicknic

Default RE: HBK2 questions

Also what are the most commonly broken parts that we could order for spares etc...
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 AM
selime

I am new at the HBK2 but have found that dealing with Betapilot {Rusty} here on the forum is a super way to go. He sells upgraded K2's and about anything else you might want. His prices are super fair and he maintains all the extra parts I have needed since purchasing my heli. You will need a BL motor and esc, blades, feathering shafts, skids..I bought the ARF version from Betapilot also just for parts..hope this helps...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
hollywood54

Does betapilot have a web site?And is it true that a stock motor last only 20-30 flites?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rusty is at http://www.jaghobbies.com/index.htm He also goes by the nic on betapilot this forum.
Another well trusted and reviewed online source for those is Michael at http://www.ushobbysupply.com/ Either one will treat you well. fast shipping and good product support.
Stock motors are only nice looking paperweights in the HBK2. Get the upgraded brushless setup right away. You will never look back.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
crimsonrain22

BetaPilots web site is www.castlerockhobbies.com. And to give you and Idea I got 4 flights out of my stock motor, it was compleate junk. Go brushless from the beginning and save yourself some trouble. Just order them from rusty(betapilot) ready to go he will set it up for you also as the ready to fly version is usually no where near ready to fly. Dont get me wrong it will fly but most likely into something like the wall or the ground lol. As the Swash plate is usually out of adjustment so be sure and check everthing pre flight.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bad..... sorry Rusty........I got confused! I got my HBK2 from Jag hobbys, but got my upgraded motor and ESC from rusty at www.castlerockhobbies.com
Again, my apologies......doh! TY crimson for the correction, glad you had Rusty's back on that!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
slicknic

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Druss

definitely get the brushless upgrade.

as for spare parts
blades (main and tail)
flybar and paddles
main and spindle shafts
main gears
landing gear
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
slicknic

Thanks for the info!

Im patiently waiting for a couple guys to PM me back so I can go ahead and order
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Druss

the other thing you'll want to do is a battery tray mod, the center of gravity on the king2 is too far back and if you put the battery all the way into the battery try the heli will keep wanting to fly backwards. there are a couple of pictures in the king2 tuner thread showing what ppl have done to combat that but heres what i did.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61167.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	813692