Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Carbon Fibre Frame HoneyBee King II

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Carbon Fibre Frame HoneyBee King II

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
TWIZTED DELL TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fibre Frame HoneyBee King II

can anyone tell me is there a carbon fibre frame for the honeybee king II. I know there is a kit version, but I'm just looking for the frame.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:28 PM
shizack

Default RE: Carbon Fibre Frame HoneyBee King II

Not yet. I'm sure it's not too far in the future, though. When it finally does become available, it'll be big news in the forums.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Druss

Check out the [link=http://www.twf-sz.com/english/sjj1.asp?keywords=EK1H-E016]upgrade[/link] page on the TWF website. The parts do exists but have not been released yet. I'm waiting on a couple cnc upgrade parts too.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:23 PM
blk822

heres one http://www.hooobby.com/esky-e018-honeybee-king-2.html
and another http://www.himodel.com/helicopters/3...EK1H-E018.html
Old 12-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Druss

I guess i should have specified that the frame components are not for sale separately yet. I'm sure they are going to be available soon though. I'm not really sure that CF is needed on a 300 size electric though.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 AM
TWIZTED DELL TECH

thanks for the info druss. i just want it for the look. i should have bought the kit instead, but dumby me didn't.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
hawkisdrew

Found it ! http://www.xtremecx2.com/servlet/the...r-Frame/Detail

Xtreme Carbon Fiber Frame
SKU: ESK012

THE WAIT IS OVER! PRE-ORDER NOW!!! VERY Limited Number due June 6th, official release and IN STOCK MID JUNE!!!

This is an excluse pre-release of Xtreme Production's New HB King 2 Frame.

New Carbon Fiber/ CNC frame for the Honey Bee King 2. Carbon Fiber Frame Sides plates, Battery Tray, and Gyro Mount Plate. All Center parts are Made from CNC Aluminum. MUCH MORE DURABLE than stock and much nicer, more professional look.

PRICE: $69.89

I have already ordered mine
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
kenhiraihnl

my xtreme framed hbk2 is close to test flight, now that i have a 3154 for the tail...however, i notice that jag has quite a bit of cf frame stuff...ken
http://jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/ek1h-e016a_cart.htm
Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM
bkind

this is the e-sky cf frame sold by jag. Mine is on its way. assembled for $50.00 is not bad.

http://jaghobbies.com/images/rc_plan...2/cf_frame.jpg

Brian
Old 07-24-2008, 12:46 PM
kenhiraihnl

ORIGINAL: bkind

this is the e-sky cf frame sold by jag. Mine is on its way. assembled for $50.00 is not bad.

http://jaghobbies.com/images/rc_plan...2/cf_frame.jpg

Brian
hi brian...please let us know about that frame when you get it...not saying one is better than the other, but it looks like the xtreme frame, with the stuff shown in this pic might be a good buy as well...ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64872.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	996694  
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
hawkisdrew

Opinion time, I like the look of the Xtreme Carbon Fiber Frame over the E-Sky CF frame sold by Jag. Which one of trhe two would be easiest to build up, does anyone know if one or the other requires modifications to the frame?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 AM
funflier

Esky makes it's own CF frame! It has been available in limited quanites since ??? Seperate parts for it are it very hard to come buy. Most Factory Esky CF frames come out of China. Esky is built in China...remember?
Xtrem frame is NOT the Esky king CF frame. Xtreme does not do OEM or anything even close to it they specialize in UPGRADES even to the Esky CF frame.
King frame is only made by Esky anything else is a just a frame that someone decided to call a King frame to for sales reasons. If its real Esky king frame it will come in the real Esky Packaging. It and a real Esky King CF frame will look like that one in the picture.
If you look at the picture: http://www.hooobby.com/esky-e018-honeybee-king-2.html What you can see of the back of the frame appears to be what Jag is offering ( http://www.jaghobbies.com/images/rc_...2/cf_frame.jpg) This appears to be the Esky Fatory CF frame. NOT what Xtreme is marketing which is totally diff.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 AM
hawkisdrew

ORIGINAL: funflier

Esky makes it's own CF frame! It has been available in limited quanites since ??? Seperate parts for it are it very hard to come buy. Most Factory Esky CF frames come out of China. Esky is built in China...remember?
Xtrem frame is NOT the Esky king CF frame. Xtreme does not do OEM or anything even close to it they specialize in UPGRADES even to the Esky CF frame.
King frame is only made by Esky anything else is a just a frame that someone decided to call a King frame to for sales reasons. If its real Esky king frame it will come in the real Esky Packaging. It and a real Esky King CF frame will look like that one in the picture.
If you look at the picture: http://www.hooobby.com/esky-e018-honeybee-king-2.html What you can see of the back of the frame appears to be what Jag is offering ( http://www.jaghobbies.com/images/rc_...2/cf_frame.jpg) This appears to be the Esky Fatory CF frame. NOT what Xtreme is marketing which is totally diff.
Hi funflier, I don't think Xtrem is claiming that the frame on their page is the actual Esky frame, I believe they are saying that it is a carbon frame "suited" for the King, a hop-up. I personally don't care if it's Esky or Xtrem or anyone else that makes it as long as it is visually appealing made well and does the job. I am a beginner pilot, I first flew a Honey, then moved up to the Honeybee King 2 and have recently purchased a TRex 450 SL V2 but have not flown it yet, still putting it together

I guess you did answer my question in that I was looking for opinions and feedback on the frame but I was hoping for something a little less brand loyalm, something more usable like "yah I have one, very decent frame and looks great" or I bought one of these, they're nice but they require modification to the motor mount if you are running an outrunner..."

Thanks for the comment though, maybe kenhiraihnl will have something more to add once his frame is delivered...

Fly straight !
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 AM
court461

I have the xtreme carbon frame that I bought from Michael at UShobbysupply. I haven't flown it yet, I am still assembling it, but I can tell you as far as construction and looks it is awesome. I think (this means this is my opinion only) that it looks much better than the esky frame. It costs a little more, but you get what you pay for in this hobby most of the time.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:57 AM
hawkisdrew

ORIGINAL: court461

I have the xtreme carbon frame that I bought from Michael at UShobbysupply. I haven't flown it yet, I am still assembling it, but I can tell you as far as construction and looks it is awesome. I think (this means this is my opinion only) that it looks much better than the esky frame. It costs a little more, but you get what you pay for in this hobby most of the time.
Ahh see, now that is more like what I was looking for I would love to hear from you once you complete the build and actually fly it, any comments you have. I agree, it looks much nicer than the Esky, I find it's more "pro" looking, in fact, I find the Esy version looks cheep (just my opinion).

Thanks court461
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
funflier

I like the visually appealing part myself. I have looked at a number of frames and most of them are Trex wannabes. Many of them seem to have various flaws in them from using unusual gearsets to being unmodifiable. One of the things that did attract me to the king is its dirt cheap to modify and even when totally screwed up its so simple you can take it apart do just about any repairs within an hour. Simple and uncomlicated. Brand loyalty, I have none at all its just a interesting heli to tinker with as anything can be done in a short time and it has to be one of the more fun "test benches" I have seen in a long time.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:45 AM
bkind

Received the ESKY frame and got my king reassembled
This is the replacement frame for the carbon fibre edition King 2 ek 018
Good points
- Looks good
-the one i purchased from Jag comes completely assembled
-cost $50.00 about $10.00 less than buying the individual parts and assembling yourself
-tail boom mount has a straight through bolt and nut to clamp the boom
-All bolts are 2mm allen heads, no more philips head screws
-all the aluminum frame connectors and aluminum motor mount are esky purple (good or bad? depends if you like purple)
-Individual parts are available at least jag hobbies shows stock
-it is stock esky so all the esky parts fit, no mods required

Bad points

-requires a longer servo rod for front servo to swash connection
-servo mounts are non adjustable and would require modification for any servo larger or smaller. I am using HS 55's and these fit perfect.
-this is the push rod set needed. Push-rod Head Set
EK1-0598 if you do not have the bits kicking around

A good upgrade over the plastic frame with the mickey mouse screws and flexing problems.

Brian
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
jstern429

I know you have all mentioned the Xtream & the E-Sky frames, but has anyone used the frame from Ka-Planes?? At $29.99 the price is alot cheeper than the others and it states that it can also be set up to use a 12mm tail boom so a T-Rex tail swap would be easy as bolting on parts. I have one comming in a lot of parts that I won on Ebay and was wondering if it was worth it. I thought I saw a post on it a while back but I cant find it now.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:46 AM
funflier

The frame is still on his site, think its under new products. I left him a email asking if he would put up a larger more detailed picture of it and he agreed so watch for new pictures shortley.
http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/17334
Old 08-16-2008, 12:43 PM
jstern429

Here are some pic's of the Ka-Planes frame. Not sure how you attach a 12mm tail boom to it, seeing mine was used (looks new) it may not have all the parts.

Name:	Ge94730.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1012658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35920.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1012659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77414.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1012660  
Old 08-16-2008, 12:46 PM
jstern429

Here are a few more.

Name:	Vt57157.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1012661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23154.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1012662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12325.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1012663  
Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 AM
funflier

I would ask about the boom kit.
I don't know if its your camera or my eyes but that frame looks pretty crude and hacked out. It came that way?? It needs a good hand sanding and trimming and cleanup.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:58 PM
kenhiraihnl

funflier...i got your pm about my cnc/xtreme and semi-stock hbk2...i haven't made any progress in finishing and test flying the xtreme...one of my mikado logos had priority for repair, i started rebuilding an os1.08fsr engine to stick in a venusII arf pattern plank, and a friend gave me a jewel of an engine to play with...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7853279/tm.htm
anyway, i just took this pic of my hbk2s, just to show you where i'm at with the cnc/xtreme...ken

Name:	Ec88250.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1013863  
Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
funflier

Looks good. Seems to have a higher stance (keeps the blades away from the ground) Does it have a sep battery tray that is not pic, how about a bay for the rx? You had a close up of the servos mounted didnt you?
Size wise if the king ll is 300 that must be 350 size. Can it accept a larger boom, say 9 mm such as on the hdx?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
kenhiraihnl

ORIGINAL: funflier

Looks good. Seems to have a higher stance (keeps the blades away from the ground) Does it have a sep battery tray that is not pic, how about a bay for the rx? You had a close up of the servos mounted didnt you?
Size wise if the king ll is 300 that must be 350 size. Can it accept a larger boom, say 9 mm such as on the hdx?
i use 450xl landing gear on my hbk2s...perfect fit...i don't have a battery tray yet...i'll probably make one out of credit card stock, zip ties, and velcro...i plan on locating the rx in the frame, just above the aft landing gear bow...here's a pic which shows the hs-45 sx...perfect fit...the tail boom mounting block is split cnc alum, machined for 8mm...if you widen the split to accommodate a 9mm boom, the gyro mount wouldn't fit, and the lower frame would be spread too...i guess you could modify the 1.5mm mounting holes into slots, and grind off some of the block at the lower frame mount...i'm using the esky cf tail boom, and might fabricate some small dim cf braces, just for looks...btw, i use heli-max carbon blades, which are 275mm from bolt hole to tip...ken

Name:	Sq47065.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1014998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40719.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1014999  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.